• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incinerate Passive not killing units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Whenever a unit affected by Incinerate dies and explodes it damages units around it but doesn't kill them and instead leaves them at 1 HP.

I tried changing the AoE of the explosion and damage delay but it didn't change anything. This is really weird and just started happening recently.

Any solutions?

Level 8
Well.. I tried to recreate the problem but the Incinerate's explosion always kill low hp units for me. On which unit are you trying this ? Maybe it depends of the hp regeneration of the units that sustain the damages? Also are you using the last warcraft 3 update?

Last edited:
Level 12
On which unit are you trying this

Firelord attacking a footman.

Maybe it depends of the hp regeneration of the units that sustain the damages

The footman has the default regen type

Also are you using the last warcraft 3 update?

No. This can't really be an issue since the spell worked on a previous version of the map just fine, then something made it bug.

I've found that setting the handicap of units to a negative percent will make it so that they can only fall to 1 hp, so I thought this might be the case but no, these 2 things aren't connected.

Last edited:
Level 11
I've always heard that using abilities based off incinerate don't work. Is it the original incinerate or a new one based off of it?

The ability is buggy as hell so I never use it. I trigger a similar effect if I need it. If you can't trace the issue I'd suggest doing that.

Level 12
The Triggered spell works (Except the explosion damage is not easily configurable, and deals damaged based on how many stacks there are) but it doesn't seem to work with lifesteal. Having a lifesteal item doesn't give the hero any lifesteal when incinerate is leveled.

AGD

AGD

Level 16
Yeah I couldn't make it compatible with the default OE lifesteals. The only solution I can think of is to make a triggered lifesteal instead of the one in the default war3 lifesteals. And I also didn't follow explosion damage of the default incinerate =P. So if you need any help, you could PM me and I can customize that system to suite your needs if I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.