• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chain Incinerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I wanted to make a trigger that, when a unit dies under the incinerate buff, creates a dummy that damages nearby enemies. Basically, evertime a unit dies under the incenerate buff, another explosion appears on the dying unit and damages nearby enemies. The explosion damage is based on 2 dummy units: a half bomb and a full bomb. The full bomb does full damage in a smaller area while the half bomb does half damage in a larger area. My problem is it's not working. Here's what I got so far.

• Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) has buff Incinerate) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Number[(Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))] = (Real((Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))))
      • Set IncineratePoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Set FullBombType[1] = Full Bomb [ 1 ]
      • Set FullBombType[2] = Full Bomb [ 2 ]
      • Set FullBombType[3] = Full Bomb [ 3 ]
      • Set HalfBombType[1] = Half Bomb [ 1 ]
      • Set HalfBombType[2] = Half Bomb [ 2 ]
      • Set HalfBombType[3] = Half Bomb [ 3 ]
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at IncineratePoint using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Create 1 FullBombType[(Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))] for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at IncineratePoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last restored unit) to Neutral - Slam
      • Unit - Create 1 HalfBombType[(Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))] for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at IncineratePoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_IncineratePoint )

Level 9
  • Bomb
    • Unit - Create 1 FullBombType[(Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))] for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at IncineratePoint facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 HalfBombType[(Level of Incinerate for (Killing unit))] for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at IncineratePoint facing Default building facing degrees

Is your Bomb ability based on neutral Slam spell? If not, i think this wont work...

Level 9
If its not the matter of ability base, then maybe its WE bug, that makes dying unit events and actions dont work sometimes... (Is there a bug like this? o_O <not sure>)

OR!

Unit - Order (Last restored unit) to Neutral - Slam

Change it to Last Created unit and this should work correctly.

Level 35
yeah I did that... didn't work >< I changed the ability from neutral slam to kaboom so it does damage correctly and easily. the only problem right now is i want this:

Lets say my hero is Hero A. There are 4enemy units: A, B, C, and D respectively. Hero A has Incinerate and successfully kills unit A. Because of Incinerate, Unit A explodes and does damage to Unit B, C, and D. Next, Hero A kills Unit B with incinerate and the resulting explosion kills B. Units C and D die because of the last explosion. I want the spell to detect when a unit dies by the Incinerate explosion and then creates a chain explosion on all units that die under the explosion. Is this possible in GUI?

Level 5
Well you could pick every unit in the area around the bombs then make them into a unit group.
Then do something that says if _______ unit dies ... Run the trigger at the point of that dieing unit.
I think simple jass can detect units dieing. I dont know though bc im learning it.

Level 2
  • Blah
  • Events
    • A Unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • OR
      • Dying Unit has buff incinerate equal to True
      • Dying Unit is in Unit Group Unit_Group equal to True (Boolean)
  • Actions
    • Set Point = Positon of Dying Unit
    • Set Unit_Group = All Units withing 225 of Point matching condition, matching unit equal to enemy of owner of killing unit.
    • Pick every Unit in Unit_Group and Damage Picked Unit for X Damage. (Damage Target not Area)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Point )
    • Wait 0.5 Seconds
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Unit_Group)
Maybe? i dont know if the condition dying unit has buff works.

If not you could do something like

• Blah
  • Events
    • A Unit is attacked
  • Conditions
    • Level of Ability Incinerate for Attacking Unit > 0
  • Actions
    • Set IncUnit = Attacked Unit
Then change the condition from the first trigger
  • Blah
  • Conditions
    • Dying Unit equal to IncUnit
Note, the incinerate explosion damage in object editor should be 0

Last edited:
Level 35
I don't think you guys understand. I'm trying to edit Incinerate slightly so that when its explosion kills a unit, the dying unit creates more explosions and any unit that dies resulting from these explosions creates even more. It's basically to kill a large mass of units very quickly.

Level 19
stupid question you changed the buff of slam to incinerate right ?
well sounds like a good spell

Level 19
@ Need_O2, no. I want a spell that explodes a unit that died under the incinerate explosion...
>.< you sure you readed my post
If you change the buff type of that stomp ability to incinerate
they will have incinerate buff too so they will explode on death toooooooooo
(and make that duration big and moment speed reduction to 0 so it wont slow them)

Status
Not open for further replies.