• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inappropriate content

Should such images be allowed?

• Yes (no change)

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • No (should be removed)

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Only if users can block such images with built-in site functions.

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't prove that homosexual is natural.

Am I complaining? Am I sitting at a computer all day? You don't know me dude. Stop blindly judging me, can you mr know everything self-righteous guys please?

And how can you be so sure if it (homosexual) really happens in nature? Have you seen it by yourself? Proof?

Good, now everybody is attacking me. Keep going guys.

All I can say is, boys are supposed to be with girls. Male is supposed to be with female. Other than that is not normal, not natural, unnatural. Why are you so against this?

Bro, what Dr.Super Good is trying to point out is that homosexuality is also spread in the animal kingdom. I've seen it first hand many times and there is a lot of info on it on the web. Is it "unnatural' ... that depends on how you define that word. If you mean it's non-reproductive sex then yes, you are probably right. Doesn't really matter though, we shouldn't be forced to watch images that we find disturbing.

I think it's time for a poll.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

*poll

I don't think it is time for a poll.
As the moderators pointed out, this was discussed long time ago and it was decided not to add a specific picture block.
I would agree with a modification that allows you to hide ALL profile pictures, but if you want to not see a specific picture, Chaosy already showed up a method to do so.

*poll

I don't think it is time for a poll.
As the moderators pointed out, this was discussed long time ago and it was decided not to add a specific picture block.
I would agree with a modification that allows you to hide ALL profile pictures, but if you want to not see a specific picture, Chaosy already showed up a method to do so.

Doesn't matter - poll* time :grin:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Doesn't matter - poll time* :grin:

Oh, mean time ?

This poll doesn't matter, any result is unofficial und does not represent the majority of users, therefore it wouldn't be wise to decide based on it.
Not to mention that especially users that are against this issue will vote. That's a common problem with such polls.

Level 49
And yes, I said it's unnatural because I have never seen male animal fucks another male. I'm sorry to say it without censor.

So you rely entirely on what you see in order to build your perception of the world? That's unhealthy.

I do not care how they feel since straight couples existed long before them and are in reality in great numbers than them.

Brilliant argument! After all, we should never care for black people, Asian people, people of other religions, people of other nationalities, people of different skin colours and people of different backgrounds in our countries, right?
In fact, let's just implement that change right now! You are just a Serb, and I'm a Russian. There's a lot more Russians than Serbs, therefore whatever the Russians decide, the Serbs should just accept onto themselves. How's that sound?

There are some, but they are hiding perhaps.

Wow... I wonder why. I could not imagine a reason for that... Could it possibly be related to the amount of intolerant people who see their behaviour as 'disgusting' and 'unnatural' living in their vicinity...?

I was sitting with girlfriend in park, many people were there, normal people, walking pets, children, then two idiots start fighting. That was really unnatural and disturbing. Then we just walk away. Police came soon.
My point is that whenever I feel uncomfortable by something unnatural or disturbing, I go away or turn head on another side not to watch this

Again - excellent behaviour! Truly a role model. In fact, next time the Serbian government decides to exterminate the Gypsies or so, you should just turn away like nothing's happening. It's not as if a similar situation from the past was heavily influenced by the local populace's willingness to ignore the horrors surrounding them or anything... What could possibly go wrong?

You see that I avoided gays here widely, because this is common for everything. So here is your answer, if those gays are feel uncomfortable, then they should just go away to different location and problem solved.

I am beginning to think you are trolling. I simply cannot fathom that these comments are coming from a sentient, thinking being.
Should I just bring up the holocaust again? You know, if those Jews, Gypsies, disabled people and gays felt uncomfortable, they should've just left Germany! Right?

But if they (gays) are kissing erotically each other in front of me, I will of fucking course slap them right in the face.

spchlss.gif

Level 17
I don't mind gay people, I do however mind gay propaganda at inappropriate places where it isn't topical existing only to be provocational, "prove points" and push whatever personal agendas.
Which is exactly the case with somebody using an image like this on a forum like this.

It would not disturb me, just make me form an unpleasant opinion about whomever would sport one.

Level 49
What if he just used the image because he wanted to? Because he likes the image for whatever reason? It's entirely within his right as an individual user to choose whatever image he wishes to represent himself, so long as it isn't against the rules.
As far as I can tell we are not banning scantily-clad Night Elves or anime chicks, or even mildly suggestive images, so I have no idea why would we ban a simple kiss.

Level 34
Brilliant argument! After all, we should never care for black people, Asian people, people of other religions, people of other nationalities, people of different skin colours and people of different backgrounds in our countries, right?
I see how you care very well. Everyone is good on talking over internet, while in reality rarely who will do that.

In fact, let's just implement that change right now! You are just a Serb, and I'm a Russian. There's a lot more Russians than Serbs, therefore whatever the Russians decide, the Serbs should just accept onto themselves. How's that sound?
That sound as reality. You are intelligent person, do not behave like 10 years kid please. You know very well that it is going to be how giant super forces decides: America and Russia.
USA can attack whoever wants, and your country could do same around itself. So what we Serbs can do if you go against us? To fight to the death. That can be: Either do not accept what you say, or die. There is not third option, do not tell me fairy tales. I came from country which is bombarded by NATO 1999. I know what meaning of force means, when we run away from tons of bombs. You in Russia did not experience this, that is why you are talking such things. And bad examples. You are Russian. Nobody can treat you. I mean they can but nobody is coming for you.
In your country gay pride is forbidden by Putin himself on 100 years.
How will you protect gays from that?

Wow... I wonder why. I could not imagine a reason for that... Could it possibly be related to the amount of intolerant people who see their behaviour as 'disgusting' and 'unnatural' living in their vicinity...?
Yes, but everyone knows who is it. I told you, they cannot hide completely, I know who is being gay in my neighbor. I know places where they meet each other to have orgies whatever you call that. And nobody stop yet them. because we have tons of intolerant people.

Again - excellent behaviour! Truly a role model. In fact, next time the Serbian government decides to exterminate the Gypsies or so, you should just turn away like nothing's happening. It's not as if a similar situation from the past was heavily influenced by the local populace's willingness to ignore the horrors surrounding them or anything... What could possibly go wrong?
No, you are right. I should go and fight as yourself, here and from computer. That would be too honorable! I should go and stand alone against that government. We are going to be exterminated, not them. They are fine. As aid before, our people need work, jobs and better standard. Our government is enemy, not gypsies and gays.

I am beginning to think you are trolling. I simply cannot fathom that these comments are coming from a sentient, thinking being.
Should I just bring up the holocaust again? You know, if those Jews, Gypsies, disabled people and gays felt uncomfortable, they should've just left Germany! Right?
But why are mentioning them all time? Who is going to protect me if I feel uncomfrotable? You?
You see, you have no clue what are you talking about.
Terrorists attacked Kumanovo in Macedonia, near our border.
Who protected those people? You, over internet?
people got killed every day in world regardless on skin color... regardless on sexual orientation.
I am talking about real problems, we survived bombs above our heads. Many people died. I am talking about death while you talk about ,,if someone decides to extermine Gypsies" ,,if those feel uncomfortable"... You talk about some things which are never going to happen. I know feeling uncomfortable, but much better than you seems. In town where I study, it is just about 40 kilometers away from place where terrorist attack happened. That is real threat not your fairy tale ,,what if"

Rui

Rui

Level 41
okay so let me get it straight (no pun intended) that i do think that censoring the image is the wrong way to go and ad-blocking that image on an individual basis is probably the best course... but you guys have got to be shitting me if you think there's nothing sexual about it.

it's two people french kissing the fuck out of each other, shirtless and almost definitely pantless. nobody kisses like that unless they're about to bone or are in the process of boning. you don't need to be ultra-conservative to see that
xD this is what I tried to say with my first post. Quoted for truth.

I believe zipping our richness of terminology to exclude controversial terms may the best course to prevent the thread from derailing further.

I don't mind gay people, I do however mind gay propaganda at inappropriate places where it isn't topical existing only to be provocational, "prove points" and push whatever personal agendas.
Which is exactly the case with somebody using an image like this on a forum like this.
I agree.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It would not disturb me, just make me form an unpleasant opinion about whomever would sport one.

So, a social group supporting gay pride or supporting homosexuality would be only propaganda and for personal goals ? Yes, I agree. You won't deny that most social groups, threads or even posts are only made for personal goals.
So, why do you make a difference between gay propaganda and other propaganda ?
I kind of agree that Hive is maybe not the best place to promote homosexuality or cultural issues.
But, following your argumentation, a Signature would also be propaganda, Hive would be full of personal advertisements.
Again, I think it would be the best to give an option to hide ALL Signatures, avatars or profile pictures, but hiding single ones because you have a personal problem that makes you uncomfortable , that is just personal censorship. Even if it is only trolling or for fun, every person has the right to design their own site.
If one still cannot accept that ONE user has two men french kissing, then just use the method Chaosy showed up, but please stop discussing for nothing. Nothing will change, as the moderators already said.

Level 20
I will try to explain this in a really funny way.

Being gay it is like having a functional penis(you can get a boner i mean),It is a okay but not nessesary.However even if you have a functional penis you should not:
-Show it to public
-Show it to kids
-You do not shove it on kids faces

About sexual intercourse being unnatural.
I do not know any case in which two male animals having sexual intercourse is casual or common among a population of animals.(ANIMALS WHO RE-PRODUCE IN A SEXUAL WAY,GENDERS ARE DIVIDED INTO DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS AND LIVE IN GROUPS SUCH AS WE HUAMNS DO )

BEFORE YOU SAY BUT WE ARE NOT ANIMALS

Yes we are animals...Humans are animals in their core,even tho our brain is much more developt than that of other aniamls.We have primal needs just like other animals do
We need to:
-EAT
-DEFECATE
-REPRODUCE
-DRINK
without them we cannot live.

So if you are gay,do your things on secrecy nobody is saying you must be burned for your acts but PLEASE DON'T SAY IT IS A NORMAL THING AND don't try to promote it...It is just wrong in my opinion

Level 17
So, why do you make a difference between gay propaganda and other propaganda ?
I'm not doing that. I'm merely bringing up the issue of context this image is used in rather than its content.

The image is not used in a meaningful way, it is deliberately graphic to provocate and be "edgy".
The user who would use such image probably isn't doing so to promote gay acceptance but because he likes the idea of it making people uncomfortable or even disgusted.
Which is disappointing to say the least, and as I said it tells you more about the person than about the image itself.
But I guess that is fine. Avatars are there to express yourself with after all, even in case you want to leave a negative impression.

Again, I think it would be the best to give an option to hide ALL Signatures, avatars or profile pictures, but hiding single ones because you have a personal problem that makes you uncomfortable , that is just personal censorship.
Even if it is only trolling or for fun, every person has the right to design their own site.
Ok then, so if it was a picture of people eating feces you would allow it as well because it is the right of the person to express themselves and if it makes you uncomfortable you should just deal with it ?
Flawless logic.

Level 34
I agree with Talavaj. Also DD Mikasa and Rui have good points for me.

I think it would be the best to give an option to hide ALL Signatures, avatars or profile pictures, but hiding single ones because you have a personal problem that makes you uncomfortable , that is just personal censorship.
I hardly disagree with that, actually this is sentence where I disagree most, in this whole topic so far. because this is not matter of opinion, it is THE FACT that you are wrong.
In chat I can ignore you FOR ANY REASON by type /ignore username
You have option to Hide customization in user's profile WITHOUT ANY REASONS ONLY IF YOU WISH ANY TIME.
You have option even to ignore user here in forum, to not see his posts at all!
So tell me according to your logic, how can you ignore user's customization, ignore user in chat and in forums, for any reason, but you cannot ignore avatars/signatures since it is ,,personnel censorship" ?

Level 25

Being gay it is like having a functional penis(you can get a boner i mean),It is a okay but not nessesary.However even if you have a functional penis you should not:
-Show it to public
-Show it to kids

This makes no sense at all. Not only does your example apply to any individual with a male genitalia, but there is also no relation between the illegal act of indecent exposure and homosexuality. This is an unfair comparison used only to exaggerate a point based on a personal opinion. What you're really arguing here is that homosexuals should not have the same rights as heterosexuals (public displays of affection i.e.).

I do not know any case in which two male animals having sexual intercourse is casual or common among a population of animals.(ANIMALS WHO RE-PRODUCE IN A SEXUAL WAY,GENDERS ARE DIVIDED INTO DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS AND LIVE IN GROUPS SUCH AS WE HUAMNS DO )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

If you don't consider wikipedia a legitimate source, there are plenty of other links in this thread that provide evidence of this. Personally, I found the section about dragonflies particularly educational.

BEFORE YOU SAY BUT WE ARE NOT ANIMALS
(...)

You know you are kind of arguing against your own point with this, right? You've just stated that you don't know of specie of animals where it's common for two males to have sexual intercourse, and then proceed to proclaim humans (a specie where it is in fact common for two individuals of the same gender to have sexual intercourse) animals.

So if you are gay,do your things on secrecy nobody is saying you must be burned for your acts but PLEASE DON'T SAY IT IS A NORMAL THING AND don't try to promote it...It is just wrong in my opinion

You've got one thing right. This is your opinion. Just as it's anyone's opinion to consider homosexuality normal (and to engage in it). It is a human right to share their opinion should they want to. But hey, at least you asked politely.

Anyway, here is my opinion on the matter: French kissing is not sexual, and is certainly not too inappropriate for this community. Warcraft III is a T-rated video game (13+), and considering that french kissing is far from uncommon in PG-13 rated movies, there should be no issue concerning this sort of content on a forum revolving around a T-rated video game.
Personally, I find this whole discussion appalling. If OP really wanted to raise concern about sexual content, he could've just as well used a picture of a man and woman french kissing. This is just an attempt to spread his own, in my opinion, discriminatory beliefs on the rest of the community.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
And how can you be so sure if it (homosexual) really happens in nature? Have you seen it by yourself? Proof?
Do I look like some pervert that goes around videoing animals mating? Heck would homosexual animals even mate necessarily? They might just not be attracted to the opposite sex. Or they might hang around with each other like the opposite sex would.

I do know that most animals sex drive is completely driven by hormones. For example a female cat that got spayed after having kittens suddenly started exhibiting male like behaviour, specifically trying to mount and mate with other female cats. This shows that a hormone imbalance, something that could occur in nature although it was induced by humans in this case, can swap sexual gender preferences.

As such your entire sex drive and preference is dictated by your hormones. If your male bits were removed and you were to start taking women hormones chances are you will start to be attracted to men more than women. And this is due to nature!

Let us not forget that homosexual relationships can be different as being a homosexual usually does not mean anything to do with mating. Most homosexuals play with each other rather than even trying to perform sex, for the logical reason that a hole is missing to do so. Since this is a social behaviour it likely is not easily noticed in most wild animals. Also as far as nature is concerned "play with" can be viewed as sex even if they are not undergoing the act.

A lot of the homosexuals we see in todays society are a product of todays society. Many males might be bisexual but declare themselves as homosexual because they hate the behaviour of women. Equally well many females might declare themselves homosexual because they hate the behaviour of men. As such nature does not have much to do with it because by definition of our society it is something man-made.

While we are at it let us not forget polygamy, something that is natural yet modern society does not allow. Again this shows that humans do not have to obey the laws of nature meaning that the argument of "homosexuals not being natural" is null and void even if it were right (which is clearly is not).

In the end people want to partner up and possibly mate. Some times they find a same sex partner which gets on better with them than opposite sex partners. Some times they do other things instead of mating in the traditional sense. This has no influence on the survival of a species due to only affecting individuals and not being propagated as a negative trait. This has no influence on other people who do want different sex partnerships. As such intolerant views of the subject have no place in modern society.

Level 39

Wow, so many strawmen and downright silly and meaningless arguments in this, I can't even...

What is wrong with society? We are reasons why are wars, diseases, destroyed nature etc etc..

Yeah, and why do you think that is? It's exactly because of intolerant and hateful people like the ones against gay rights that we have these problems. People can't just sit down and accept that everyone is different. No, we have to make them the same, BY FORCE.

But then we are your business. You started with ,,I do not care", yet again you care to tell what about we should care and what about is our business or not.

This whole sentence doesn't make sense. I started with "I do not care where you're from, what you believe" etc, this does not mean that I don't care what you do. I don't give a rats ass what people believe. You can find gays to be disgusting if you want to. But that doesn't mean that you get to censor it on the internet and you'll have to live with the fact that people find you intolerant. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom of consequence. It's the same as people dehumanizing black people. People are welcome to believe that, but if they act on it or voice their beliefs they better be prepared for the consequences.

Then yet again you give yourself right to determine who is in wrong place or who is not (ignoring the fact that nobody here broke any rule, nobody insulted, etc etc..), and wish people outside of here because of your personnel beliefs towards us, because you disagree with us.

I never said that I wished you out of here. I said that we are on the internet. Here everybody is equal, and we do not discriminate based on sexual orientation or race. So if you can't handle the fact that some people are gay, and have an avatar of two men kissing... well yeah, maybe you're too sensitive to be here. I would never want someone to leave because they disagree with me. This has nothing to do with personal beliefs and EVERYTHING to do with you wanting to CENSOR the internet because of your personal beliefs. This is where I draw the line.

And you are perfect example of today's modern democratic man.
You are calling others whose you are not agreeing conservatives. But you can since this is internet, and you are one of people whose are good over internet on talking. Face someone in street and tell him that in face.

Again, this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with my opinion. I'm not discussing this because of your beliefs, again you can believe anything you want, I'm discussing this because you want to censor this place because you can't tolerate gay people. This is a huge problem.

I'm calling you intolerant because you very much are intolerant. You can't tolerate homosexuality. Again, you are free to feel this way yourself. After all we feel what we feel right? Problem starts when you try to force your intolerance on other people and expect them to cater to your "special needs" because you can't handle looking at a couple of dudes kissing.

Yeah, another abuse (previously was abuse of democracy, this time of definition what is modern) of therm.
What is definition of modern? Think same as me our you are out?
As stated before, in your modern world I see humanity destroy each other, wars everyone, diseases, unnatural destructive storms, Earth falling apart each passing way. We should be thankful until we still have air to breathe.

This is a strawman right here. It literally has nothing to do with the discussion, I don't even know how to answer. You know exactly what I mean by modern.

I live. Personally, go accept them, go take one of those at home, marry him, have nice family, do whatever you desire. Who is stopping you? me?
Come on, how am I threat to you since I am at another side of world or continent? You do not have to listen me cause by your definition I am one of ,,intolerant conservatives". I cant stop you, even if I could, I would not.

Again a strawman. We are not talking about whether or not gay marriage should be allowed (which it is in most civilized parts of the world) we are talking about whether or not we should censor the f'ng internet to cater to people like you who are so uncomfortable with their own sexuality that you can't even stand that people have a mini avatar of two guys kissing.
Also I find it hilarious how you think I must be gay. I couldn't possibly believe in gay rights without being gay myself, right? Sigh.

I always tend to say ,,It is awesome if there are more gays around. As more gays, therefore more girls for rest of us" it is logical.

How old are you? This seriously sounds like something a teenage boy would say.

okay so let me get it straight (no pun intended) that i do think that censoring the image is the wrong way to go and ad-blocking that image on an individual basis is probably the best course... but you guys have got to be shitting me if you think there's nothing sexual about it.

it's two people french kissing the fuck out of each other, shirtless and almost definitely pantless. nobody kisses like that unless they're about to bone or are in the process of boning. you don't need to be ultra-conservative to see that

So you want to censor an image because of IMPLIED sexual content. Are you serious?
If this is the point that it's gotten to we can't really show/do anything because it might imply something that other people find disturbing.

That picture can be so disturbing for majority of people since it's an unnatural behavior (gay), thus if you want to make this site as comfortable as possible you should get rid of those kind of contents. Maybe it's indeed not prohibited by the law, but remember, the law/rule is there to realize the most comfortable environment as possible for people. So I think the rule regarding to this matter needs to be revised once again.

Really? The law is there to realize the most comfortable environment for people? So anything that grosses people out should be outlawed?
Ok. No more spider models/textures cause they gross me out. Maybe some people are grossed out by Orcs, who the hell knows. We better censor all Orc content on the site just to be safe, because we don't wanna make anyone uncomfortable do we?
Jesus, get over it.

People, if you find something uncomfortable, DON'T LOOK AT IT. It's truly simple. And even if your eyes do, god forbid, glance over it trust me you'll survive.

And yes, I said it's unnatural because I have never seen male animal fucks another male. I'm sorry to say it without censor.

Haha, dude you have no idea do you? Take cute little ducks for example. There have been cases of HOMOSEXUAL NECROPHILIA.
Say again that two guys kissing is unnatural. LOL.

-Show it to public
-Show it to kids

How does this even compare to shoving a dick in kids faces? Seriously I don't even o_O

There are PLENTY of cases proving homosexuality amongst animals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Please don't spread this ignorance.

Why?
Why should they do it in secrecy because you are grossed out by it? That's YOUR problem, not theirs. If straight people can do this in public so can gays. This all boils down to simple intolerance, nothing more.
And the saddest part is that some parts of the world people actually do believe that gay people should be burned for their acts. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Really? The law is there to realize the most comfortable environment for people? So anything that grosses people out should be outlawed?
Ok. No more spider models/textures cause they gross me out. Maybe some people are grossed out by Orcs, who the hell knows. We better censor all Orc content on the site just to be safe, because we don't wanna make anyone uncomfortable do we?
Jesus, get over it.

People, if you find something uncomfortable, DON'T LOOK AT IT. It's truly simple. And even if your eyes do, god forbid, glance over it trust me you'll survive.

Haha, dude you have no idea do you? Take cute little ducks for example. There have been cases of HOMOSEXUAL NECROPHILIA.

Don't be ignorant, please? And maybe try not to have offensive manner as possible and be friendly can you? This site is surely filled with tough-ass people which is really good talking behind his monitor. And I'm sure they will just stfu in their gloomy real-life.

First, let me ask this site? Who is grossed with the spider? Maybe that's only you and some minority of the site. Many others like me would find it/them cool or interesting. That's why it shouldn't be banned. You are thinking in the most selfish and negative way, how ridiculous. I tried to be fair for majority of the site and it was just one fucking suggestion, and now everyone is attacking me for that? Fuckin seriously? If you don;t agree then just stfu or just give some inputs without being offensive for goodness sake can you please?!

Really? The law is there to realize the most comfortable environment for people?
Yes, law is there to realize the most comfortable environment for people, how not? There is law that prohibits killing, stealing, raping, etc. Why? To make majority people feel safe, to make them feel comfortable. There is no clear law that prohibits gay, why? Because only minority of people which feel the impact. And why I suggested those content to be prohibited? Since I think most people can find it disturbing. And yes I said "can"=>"can be"=>"can be possibly", that word stays there and never been moved anywhere and I never edited the post so it's not a made up post. The word "can" doesn't mean "absolutely", I'm not "forcing" this site to ban those contents.
Me said:
So I think the rule regarding to this matter needs to be revised once again.
I said it should be revised, not changed. Revised means the rule could be improved through various evaluations, whether the content needs to be banned or not? or how many people agreed to ban the content? or many other circumstances evaluations. I didn't say the rule should be absolutely changed right way, did I? That is completely optional: it's just my suggestion.

So anything that grosses people out should be outlawed?
As always, gets argument in the wrong-est possible way. First, let me ask you, did I say that specifically? Is the law only about prohibiting something grosses? Did say that something grosses a specific person should be banned? Seriously? LOL Think before talk

And maybe you against the natural habit where male is belong with female, so you think that male loving with other male is natural. LOL

Last edited:
Level 39
Don't be ignorant, please? And maybe try not to have offensive manner as possible and be friendly can you? This site is surely filled with tough-ass faggots which is really good talking behind his monitor. And I'm sure they will just stfu in their gloomy real-life.

First, let me ask this site? Who is grossed with the spider? Maybe that's only you and some minority of the site. Many others like me would find it/them cool or interesting. That's why it shouldn't be banned. You are thinking in the most selfish and negative way, how ridiculous. I tried to be fair for majority of the site and it was just one fucking suggestion, and now everyone is attacking me for that? Fuckin seriously? If you don;t agree then just stfu or just give some inputs without being offensive for goodness sake can you please?!

Yes, law is there to realize the most comfortable environment for people, how not? There is law that prohibits killing, stealing, raping, etc. Why? To make majority people feel safe, to make them feel comfortable. There is no clear law that prohibits gay, why? Because only minority of people which feel the impact. And why I suggested those content to be prohibited? Since I think most people may find it disturbing. And yes I said "may", that word stays there and never been moved anywhere and I never edited the post so it's not a made up post. The word "may" doesn't mean "absolutely", I'm not "forcing" this site to ban those contents.

I said it should be revised, not changed. Revised means the rule could be improved through various evaluations, whether the content needs to be banned or not? or how many people agreed to ban the content? or many other circumstances evaluations. I didn't say the rule should be absolutely changed right way, did I? That is completely optional: it's just my suggestion.

As always, gets argument in the wrong-est possible way. First, let me ask you, did I say that specifically? Is the law only about prohibiting something grosses? Did say that something grosses a specific person then that thing should be banned? Seriously? LOL Think before talk

And maybe you against the natural habit where male is belong with female, so you think that male loving with other male is natural. LOL

Your ignorance is astounding. There have been many other people than me providing several links to cases of homosexuality in many different animal groups and yet you still continue to use the words natural and unnatural when talking about this subject.

Arachnophobia is one the most common phobias out there, don't know if you've heard of it? Anyway I'm not in favor of censoring ANYTHING here. I don't want spiders censored. They creep me out but as you say other people find them cool. That's the way it should be.
Homosexuality is the same, you might be grossed out by it. But that's your problem and no one elses.
Your double standards are hilarious. You call me selfish when you are the one advocating censoring the site to cater to intolerant people.

The law is not there to make everyone comfortable. It is there to make sure everyone is safe and treated equally. It's not there to cater to people's personal beliefs.

I also find it funny how you say that I'm offensive when you're the one calling homosexuality unnatural. That is incredibly offensive to gay people.

Level 21
Oh dear... this discussion has really gone too much off-topic and has also led to some radical changes. You may have noticed that since the 7th of May, the Site Rules have changed towards sexual content.

Now guys, you keep arguing about what's natural/unnatural, if gays are accepted between people and bla bla bla but what was the main aim of the post? Whether the photo should've been removed from the website or not. How the hell did you proceed with such petty discussions about gays and sexual stuff?

Concerning my opinion, I'd just like to say a few points. A lot of people don't mind whether such avatars remain or not while others find it sexual, vulgar or obscene (DON'T argue with me about this, you cannot deny the feelings of other people). So the point is, if we remove these kind of pictures, the ones that didn't mind about it will not lose anything and those who were against them will be happy. In the end, everyone will be happy. I don't think that people who have such avatars will feel so averse to change their avatars into something more accepted by every single user.

Finally, just stop this harsh controversial war. You'll end up offending and insulting each other for what? Just for a picture...

Kazeon

Level 33
Your ignorance is astounding. There have been many other people than me providing several links to cases of homosexuality in many different animal groups and yet you still continue to use the words natural and unnatural when talking about this subject.

Arachnophobia is one the most common phobias out there, don't know if you've heard of it? Anyway I'm not in favor of censoring ANYTHING here. I don't want spiders censored. They creep me out but as you say other people find them cool. That's the way it should be.
Homosexuality is the same, you might be grossed out by it. But that's your problem and no one elses.
Your double standards are hilarious. You call me selfish when you are the one advocating censoring the site to cater to intolerant people.

The law is not there to make everyone comfortable. It is there to make sure everyone is safe and treated equally. It's not there to cater to people's personal beliefs.

I also find it funny how you say that I'm offensive when you're the one calling homosexuality unnatural. That is incredibly offensive to gay people.

Did I say I have problem with homosexuality? I'm not grossed about gay, I'm grossed about two gays are erotically french-kissing. My fault?
I'm likewise. I don't have problem with the whole gay thing. If one of my friend is gay I will still be friend with him. As I respects everybody as human equally. No exception for transvestites, everybody around me are always disgusted about their presence, I'm not, I still talk to them like a man, because they are basically a man, and they will understand me (this is slightly off topic). The point is, I can befriend with anybody, gays too. I will never say something like "Your behaviour is unnatural and disturbing". But if they (gays) are kissing erotically each other in front of me, I will of fucking course slap them right in the face.

I hope you get my point. And please, stop getting me negatively. I'm trying to give a fair suggestion for majority of this site that's all.

My main point was not about whether homosexuality is natural or not. Alright, I was wrong to take animal as example. But still I think it's unnatural as long as females don't have stick (sex organ) naturally. And heck, that's just my personal thought/opinion, but again (read my quote above), I won't say such thing directly to gay cause I know it would hurt their feelings.

You call me selfish when you are the one advocating censoring the site to cater to intolerant people.
You want to call me selfish? I suggested something which can be possibly better for majority of people here.

It is there to make sure everyone is safe and treated equally.
You are repeating my argument. True that "It is there to make sure everyone is safe and treated equally." but eventually those make people feel comfortable. So law is there to make people feel comfortable as well.

Finally, just stop this harsh controversial war. You'll end up offending and insulting each other for what? Just for a picture...
Yeah, thanks to those guys who started insulting people around. :thumbs_up:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ok then, so if it was a picture of people eating feces you would allow it as well because it is the right of the person to express themselves and if it makes you uncomfortable you should just deal with it ?
Flawless logic.

No, in this case a majority of the site would, SHOULD be against it and as 'everyone' is against it, it would be taken down. Didn't Ralle or Keiji said in this thread before that in case the majority of Hive wants to change something, they will change it ?
I hardly disagree with that, actually this is sentence where I disagree most, in this whole topic so far. because this is not matter of opinion, it is THE FACT that you are wrong.
In chat I can ignore you FOR ANY REASON by type /ignore username
You have option to Hide customization in user's profile WITHOUT ANY REASONS ONLY IF YOU WISH ANY TIME.
You have option even to ignore user here in forum, to not see his posts at all!
So tell me according to your logic, how can you ignore user's customization, ignore user in chat and in forums, for any reason, but you cannot ignore avatars/signatures since it is ,,personnel censorship" ?
If you ignore a user everywhere, then you don't see his avatar/ profile picture, do you ?
Even if you don't ignore him and are disturbed by the picture, then USE THE METHOD CHAOSY SHOWED UP, but please stop complaining.
But, I agree with you, based on my argumentation there is no reason not to hide a certain avatar/profile picture.
I don't care no more, this thread is off-topic now and SOME users just want to persuade others of their own opinion.
By the way, I cannot remember writing 'personnel censorship', as it is wrong, 'personnel' is like a person who is employed, not 'personal', like in 'personal circumstances'.

Level 20
You know you are kind of arguing against your own point with this, right? You've just stated that you don't know of specie of animals where it's common for two males to have sexual intercourse(a specie where it is in fact common for two individuals of the same gender to have sexual intercourse), and then proceed to proclaim humans animals.

We are talking about gay people,lesbiabns are another thing so leave them out.

Are you trying to play stupid or what?
In what era was common for a man to have sexual intercourse with another man?When i mean common i mean worldwide not for an isolated group of man/animal.
(a specie where it is in fact common for two individuals of the same gender to have sexual intercourse)
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GAYS so please be specific.

Gay couples have surpased in number the traditional couples??? If that has happend then we can claim that gay couples are a common thing.
Being gay it is not a choice,it is a mental condition,I do not agree with the fact that they should be humiliated.They need help becuse they are ill but please just don't try to make it a normal thing.It is not.

The link you posted shows that there are cases of male on male sexual behaviours even among animals something that i did not deny i just said it is not as common as the traditional male on female sexual intercourse and it far more inferior if we compare the numbers.

This makes no sense at all.
It was not supposed to make sens.This is a fail trolling attempt by me so if this was offending to anyone out there:
-I am sorry if you feelt offended by my stupid example or any homosexual individual feels offended by my opinions but this is my opinion

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow, lesbians are gay, too...

In what era was common for a man to have sexual intercourse with another man?When i mean common i mean worldwide not for an isolated group of man/animal.
Ancient Greece ?

Of course, I don't think it was, what do you call it, 'normal' worldwide at any time, but take into consideration that Earth hadn't been 'united' in former times.

Being gay it is not a choice,it is a mental condition,I do not agree with the fact that they should be humiliated.They need help becuse they are ill but please just don't try to make it a normal thing.It is not.
Please, just stop talking. Yes, this is your personal opinion and you have the right to speak out, but this, this is just harassing. Did you ever take into consideration what any gay people think if reading your post ?
Gays are confronted daily by people like you, being insulted, hated and you, you are one of them. Oh nice, this is the Internet, nobody cares, I do care. I don't care whether I try to impose my own beliefs up to you, but I see a great danger in your argumentation.
Once upon a time, there were the Jewish people, purged by the Nazis because of their religion and life, hate that was collected over centuries.
The same thing happens again with homosexuality. That's exaggerated, you say ? It isn't. Let's wait some decades, with people hating and praying against homosexuality and then, a nation will have the idea 'oh, let's purge them form Earth, our God justifies our acting and we will save humanity, too!'.
Please take a moment and think about what you just said.

Level 39
Did I say I have problem with homosexuality? I'm not grossed about gay, I'm grossed about two gays are erotically french-kissing. My fault?

My main point was not about whether homosexuality is natural or not. Alright, I was wrong to take animal as example. But still I think it's unnatural as long as females don't have stick (sex organ) naturally. And heck, that's just my personal thought/opinion, but again (read my quote above), I won't say such thing directly to gay cause I know it would hurt their feelings.

You want to call me selfish? I suggested something which can be possibly better for majority of people here.

You are repeating my argument. True that "It is there to make sure everyone is safe and treated equally." but eventually those make people feel comfortable. So law is there to make people feel comfortable as well.

Yeah, thanks to those guys who started insulting people around. :thumbs_up:

How did I insult you? Since when is disagreeing with you and thinking that your suggestion is stupid insulting? If you can't handle people not liking your suggestion, maybe you shouldn't make suggestions at all.

You did kind of say you have a problem with homosexuality the moment you called it unnatural behaviour. This is EXTREMELY offensive, yet you are the one acting all hurt like we're all out to get you.

And I still disagree very much with what you're saying. The law is NOT there to make everybody comfortable. Again, it's there to ensure our safety and ensure that everyone HAS EQUAL RIGHTS. This includes gay people. If this makes some people uncomfortable.. well then it sucks to be them. They're just gonna have to live with it.

What you suggested was censoring the site to please a group of people who can't tolerate homosexuality. I don't care if this pleases the majority of the community, that doesn't make it right. It's still wrong. It's still treating people differently because of their sexual orientation because some people are grossed out about it.

Gay couples have surpased in number the traditional couples??? If that has happend then we can claim that gay couples are a common thing.

The link you posted shows that there are cases of male on male sexual behaviours even among animals something that i did not deny i just said it is not as common as the traditional male on female sexual intercourse and it far more inferior if we compare the numbers.

It was not supposed to make sens.This is a fail trolling attempt by me so if this was offending to anyone out there:
-I am sorry if you feelt offended by my stupid example

This whole post is just.... I don't even..

jck.gif

Level 20
Please, just stop talking. Yes, this is your personal opinion and you have the right to speak out, but this, this is just harassing. Did you ever take into consideration what any gay people think if reading your post ?
Gays are confronted daily by people like you, being insulted, hated and you, you are one of them. Oh nice, this is the Internet, nobody cares, I do care. I don't care whether I try to impose my own beliefs up to you, but I see a great danger in your argumentation.
Once upon a time, there were the Jewish people, purged by the Nazis because of their religion and life, hate that was collected over centuries.
The same thing happens again with homosexuality. That's exaggerated, you say ? It isn't. Let's wait some decades, with people hating and praying against homosexuality and then, a nation will have the idea 'oh, let's purge them form Earth, our God justifies our acting and we will save humanity, too!'.
Please take a moment and think about what you just said.

WoW,WoW? I am giving hate to gay people?I am insulting them???????

I am not insulting anyone...Homosexuality is a mental disorder,just like depression,in most of cases (they are people that do it just for perversity in rare ocasions )...Is it really an insult to say someone he has a mental disorder??????????I said that these people "need help",not get burned or closed in a mental hospital.

I said i don't consider it normal and gave the facts why i don't,as well as I DO NOT AGREE NOR LIKE IT WHEN THEY TRY TO MAKE IT PUBLIC(e.x:just as some people did not agree on the war of Vietnam)Should i be labled as a hater or a person from a dark background because of my opinion which i clearly based it on facts which i belive are true?

AGAIN I REPEAT:Just do your thing in secrecy.But please don't make it public or pretend that is normal.

I did not force anything I just asked politely and i am not forcing it even now that i feel really irritated by the "names" you gave me.

You are the one who insulted me by trying to make me look like a thick skulled belated moron.While i am supporing my opinion on facts which i belive are true and not spreading hate by no means.

I expect an apology

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
This discussion is going nowhere. You all just keep discussing about the nature of gay people. Alright, you want to talk about a scientific matter like that? Come now, tell me, how many of you are actual scientists that own the required knowledge to discuss this? And don't give me that "I have informed myself, so I know about it!" since even if you inform yourself from every source, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to claim that you KNOW ENOUGH about it to claim that your opinion is absolutely correct and even the scientists among you (if there even ARE any, which I highly doubt when reading the arguments in this thread) will have different opinions since every individual mind thinks differently about different topics. So stop claiming to know about nature and insulting others because of your own opinion that has been created by several influences, will you?

Now, to the topic: Many here seem not to ask oneself one question: Why do I even CARE about the homosexuality of other people or media that shows them?
I personally don't care about homosexuals. I don't care if science proves whether or not they're part of the human or animal nature. I'm not giving a fuck about how others live their life as long as it doesn't make my own unbearable and a picture like this doesn't make my life unbearable. No one can force you to accept ir deny the lifestyle of others, but why should you even care about this topic if it doesn't affect you a great deal? Why should you care about two guys kissing each other as long as you're not one of them? You shouldn't. You shouldn't be like "Oh, they're homosexuals, we have to be extra nice to show them that they're accepted!" either. Treat them like you treat anyone else, their style of life is not of your business anyway.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am not insulting anyone...Homosexuality is a mental disorder,just like depression,in most of cases (they are people that do it just for perversity in rare ocasions )...Is it really an insult to say someone he has a mental disorder??????????I said that these people "need help",not get burned or closed in a mental hospital.

I said i don't consider it normal and gave the facts why i don't,as well as I DO NOT AGREE NOR LIKE IT WHEN THEY TRY TO MAKE IT PUBLIC(e.x:just as some people did not agree on the war of Vietnam)Should i be labled as a hater or a person from a dark background because of my opinion which i clearly based it on facts which i belive are true?

AGAIN I REPEAT:Just do your thing in secrecy.But please don't make it public or pretend that is normal.

I did not force anything I just asked politely and i am not forcing it even now that i feel really irritated by the "names" you gave me.

You are the one who insulted me by trying to make me look like a thick skulled belated moron.While i am supporing my opinion on facts which i belive are true and not spreading hate by no means.

I expect an apology

Alright, I apologize for comparing you to Nazis and bad people,
but I think, maybe because I expressed myself in a complicated way, you get it wrong.
As Shar Dundred stated a post before, who are we to call homosexuality an illness, who are you to call it not good ? There are plenty, thousands, ten-thousands and even more GAY people on Erath who live their life, be happy, find a partner and achieve their life goals. You insult them by calling them being not normal.
It is your own opinion to call it not normal, but based on your argumentation you make it a fact, not an opinion. That is what disturbs me.
Of course, you are not a moron who wants to burn them, but there exist people, having the same argumentation, who want to do so. I tried to appeal to your humanity. If you don't agree, well, that's you opinion, but 'let them do what they want' ( I do not want to discuss the usefulness of Gay Parades and such now). It is not your business.
Again, quoting Shar Dundred: ' Treat them like you treat anyone else, their style of life is not of your business anyway.'
They are humans, like you, and they are normal.

Level 39

I expect an apology

The fact that you don't even seem to grasp that what you're saying is incredibly offensive scares me.
Comparing homosexuality to mental illness is the exact same mentality as racism. Believing that black people are less human, or that there's something wrong with them. It's quite frankly disgusting and you're doing the exact same thing here.

This discussion is going nowhere. You all just keep discussing about the nature of gay people. Alright, you want to talk about a scientific matter like that? Come now, tell me, how many of you are actual scientists that own the required knowledge to discuss this? And don't give me that "I have informed myself, so I know about it!" since even if you inform yourself from every source, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to claim that you KNOW ENOUGH about it to claim that your opinion is absolutely correct and even the scientists among you (if there even ARE any, which I highly doubt when reading the arguments in this thread) will have different opinions since every individual mind thinks differently about different topics. So stop claiming to know about nature and insulting others because of your own opinion that has been created by several influences, will you?

Now, to the topic: Many here seem not to ask oneself one question: Why do I even CARE about the homosexuality of other people or media that shows them?
I personally don't care about homosexuals. I don't care if science proves whether or not they're part of the human or animal nature. I'm not giving a fuck about how others live their life as long as it doesn't make my own unbearable and a picture like this doesn't make my life unbearable. No one can force you to accept ir deny the lifestyle of others, but why should you even care about this topic if it doesn't affect you a great deal? Why should you care about two guys kissing each other as long as you're not one of them? You shouldn't. You shouldn't be like "Oh, they're homosexuals, we have to be extra nice to show them that they're accepted!" either. Treat them like you treat anyone else, their style of life is not of your business anyway.

I agree, we shouldn't go out of our way to treat them better. We are all equal. The problem is that the only reason a huge deal was made out of this avatar was the fact that it's two dudes. I seriously don't believe anyone would've made this thread if it was a straight couple. And this is where we have a problem. Censoring the internet in order to please intolerant people is something I just cannot support.

Level 34
Wow, so many strawmen and downright silly and meaningless arguments in this, I can't even...
You can't even... But you wrote essey.
You want, it, you got it, lets do this:

Yeah, and why do you think that is? It's exactly because of intolerant and hateful people like the ones against gay rights that we have these problems. People can't just sit down and accept that everyone is different. No, we have to make them the same, BY FORCE.
No, you are mixing two different things. Because go in war against other nations because of oil, money, to ,,modern" enslave them for some strategic locations, or any good. And those people are not intolerant, they are immoral and greedy for money and wealth. They do not care about gays, black, white, yellow, green, or anyone, but a profit. Corporations, banks etc etc...
Sure that there are people whose you are talking about ISIL. Those terrorsits are something worst after Hitler which hit our planet.
They are not killing gays only but anyone who think everything different than them.
There are third type of people (which may be first type in different ways), those are whcih create diseases, all sickness around world, so you must buy medications. Those are not hunting for gays or black people, they are hunting for profit.
So where do I belong personally? To ISIL terrorist or those greedy corporation man followed by army, or even mad scientist in lab? (just to tell you I am not rich)

This whole sentence doesn't make sense. I started with "I do not care where you're from, what you believe" etc, this does not mean that I don't care what you do. I don't give a rats ass what people believe. You can find gays to be disgusting if you want to. But that doesn't mean that you get to censor it on the internet and you'll have to live with the fact that people find you intolerant.
I do not care what would people think as we can also find those people intolerant against us. And according to voting you are not much more than us. We are equal so what will you do about that? even if we are not equal, if we are much less than you, I would personally think same (I cannot talk in others name)
Also how many times I do have to repeat that I am not going to censor anything? I just wanted option to block certain user's avatars or signatures.
Are you that blind to see?

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom of consequence. It's the same as people dehumanizing black people. People are welcome to believe that, but if they act on it or voice their beliefs they better be prepared for the consequences.
Which consequences? You are basically treating us? With what? You will start a war against us?
This is where you belong to intolerant people whose dislike anything which goes against your opinion, and you are constantly trying to throw that at us.

I can say ,,I hate gays" or ,,I dislike gay pictures, I want option to block it for myself" and you will count same, which in FACT IT IS NOT SAME. But you will count same, because you need something or someone to argue with.
Otherwice you would leave us alone. We have right to request that. What does this concern you anyway if I wish to block certain avatar or not?
Tell me, just answer me what do you care if you already said that you do not personally care about our beliefs? But you care to disturb or stop us for getting that option.

I never said that I wished you out of here. I said that we are on the internet. Here everybody is equal, and we do not discriminate based on sexual orientation or race.
So I discriminate because I requested option to block avatars?
This is discrimination?
You already said that we are on internet. So why then I do not have equal right as you? Why must I be bashed for my statements even if I did not tratened anyone? You told us that we should be ready for consequences.

So if you can't handle the fact that some people are gay, and have an avatar of two men kissing... well yeah, maybe you're too sensitive to be here. I would never want someone to leave because they disagree with me. This has nothing to do with personal beliefs and EVERYTHING to do with you wanting to CENSOR the internet because of your personal beliefs. This is where I draw the line.
Exactly. That is what I am saying all time. Be gay, go marry him, go do whatever you wish, just do not throw me that on face, or give me option so I cannot see it. Would you wish me to drop you something which you do not want to see and tell you that you are in wrong place if you cannot see that?
You dislike my avatar? Maybe my sig? Come on, join me, plase vote for this and you will have option to block it yourself.

Again, this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with my opinion. I'm not discussing this because of your beliefs, again you can believe anything you want, I'm discussing this because you want to censor this place because you can't tolerate gay people. This is a huge problem.

I'm calling you intolerant because you very much are intolerant. You can't tolerate homosexuality. Again, you are free to feel this way yourself. After all we feel what we feel right? Problem starts when you try to force your intolerance on other people and expect them to cater to your "special needs" because you can't handle looking at a couple of dudes kissing.
Shortly in case that this is meant only for me, I am not forcing, trying to censor, forbid anything. Just to get that damn option to block

This is a strawman right here. It literally has nothing to do with the discussion, I don't even know how to answer. You know exactly what I mean by modern.
I did not know exactly sorry. I do not have crystal ball to tell me what do you wanted to say.
I am realist, I talk what I see, and what is happening in reality even what I cannot see or feel. Everything what I say is true about that, regardless of what you think. Indeed is our planet falling apart, indeed we are full of deases, wars, corruption in world etc etc...
its falling apart regardless of technology or accepting gays which are are using and call it ,,modern"
But you have your point if you meant by modern accepting anything which you believe that it is normal.it is Ok.
But just because you claim something, that does not mean that you have right on word ,,modern".
You see, I also belong and live in that modern world, live with that.

We are not talking about whether or not gay marriage should be allowed (which it is in most civilized parts of the world)
Where? In which civilized parts of world?
You see, in my country, above 90% of people are against gay marriage, same with neighnour countris (not 90% but great majority).
And yet again, our government is pushing us towards EU. But in order to be in EU we have to accept those gay right regardless if people agree or not. And one day, someone will say ,,You see there in civilized country country thay accepted gay marriage", while even more than 90% will be against it because we are forced to accept that. So artifically, we will be for that.
Then how many ,,civilized" countries are forced to accept everything what EU is saying ignoring what majority of people think or stand for? Balkan is perfect example.
I also see that there almost war happened in civilized France when they accepted gay rights. That does not seem civilized to me.

How old are you? This seriously sounds like something a teenage boy would say.
Why? I am 27. But tell me honestly, is not that true? it is fact, even looking funny.

So you want to censor an image because of IMPLIED sexual content. Are you serious?
If this is the point that it's gotten to we can't really show/do anything because it might imply something that other people find disturbing.
Exactly. That is why you should be at our side and vote for that option if you want problem to get solved. Whatever you find disgusting you can just block yourself without complaining, arguing....
See this. You post picture where you kiss with your boyfriend for example.
it is oK for you, for many. I personally find this disgusting. So, I wont go to that topic, thread to watch it again.
But if you put that in avatar or signature, I will have to block you completely or being forced to watch that. But i do not want to block you completely.
So blocking signatures/avatar is perfect solution for me. Ralle perhaps can code that.

As I said in previous quote-reply

Then lets we all be homosexual and necrophiliacs. It will be good, healthy, awesome. I vote for it. :cgrin: I should upgrade haosis virus to become necro-homo-haosis virus! For upcoming generations.

If you ignore a user everywhere, then you don't see his avatar/ profile picture, do you ?
Even if you don't ignore him and are disturbed by the picture, then USE THE METHOD CHAOSY SHOWED UP, but please stop complaining.
But, I agree with you, based on my argumentation there is no reason not to hide a certain avatar/profile picture.
Well that is what I wanted to say. I have my right to block whatever I want for whatever reason. I do not have right for example to tell you how you are bad, stupid, idiot, to accurse you or whatever. That is called hateful speech, but I have right to block you if I wish.
No, I wont block everyones avatars because obviously, I wish just certain avatars. Why do I need to block all because of just few?

Oh, I cannot any more, I need little rest... I see lot of post meanwhile...
Just tell that I completely agree with Shar Dundred.
DD Mikasa showed them as well.
Shdow Fury.. you are talking to brick wall seems.

Level 49
So the point is, if we remove these kind of pictures, the ones that didn't mind about it will not lose anything and those who were against them will be happy. In the end, everyone will be happy. I don't think that people who have such avatars will feel so averse to change their avatars into something more accepted by every single user.

As much as it may seem to you like a harmless action which would benefit everyone, this is far from the truth. The ones who "didn't mind" such pictures will feel like the site is censoring content, which most people here don't want. This is the internet, and as such it should be free, even if each site has a few basic guidelines that users should not break. This is not a case in which that applies. And again, you yourself are going into the territory of intolerance by claiming that people with such 'controversial' avatars should just change them to get 'more accepted by every user', implying that this type of content is unwanted, and, in turn, that these users and their views are not accepted by the community.
I'd like to believe that the Hive Workshop, like many other communities on the internet, is an open and welcoming one, which does not discriminate based on ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, and abides by the modern, progressive world's standards - those found in countries such as Denmark and France, not Serbia and Indonesia.

I have so many problems with this post...
How do you define "natural"? What IS natural? Because apparently it's not enough that something is evident in nature...
Female Hyenas have a prolonged clitoris which serves as both a makeshift penis and a birthing canal. Is that natural enough for you? Do you consider hyenas 'gay'? Why does it matter at all?
You very well COULD be saying those things 'directly to a gay'. Or do you just assume there are no gay people on the Hive? I can tell you with complete confidence that there are gay people on the Hive, possibly reading this very thread, right now, and I'm aware of at least one such person, even if they are not currently posting. In that case you ARE talking directly 'to gay', and those people ARE being offended.

101.gif

...Actually, on second thought I don't think the .GIF is enough.
Just... WHAT? How can you even say something like this? How are lesbians 'another thing entirely'? Forgive me if I'm prejudiced here, but I can see no reason for you to make such a statement other than that you find lesbians attractive and homosexual men repulsive. That is just downright petty.

'Gay people' are all individuals, male and female, who are attracted to a gender which isn't the opposite. This includes both lesbians and homosexuals. I suppose to a lesser extent bisexual people would count too, but theirs is a different story because they are, essentially "half-straight, half-gay".

Other than the aforementioned Greek empire...
The modern era. Perhaps not "worldwide", but if you look at France, Scandinavia, Western Europe in general... Even the city of Tel Aviv in Israel. Homosexuality is becoming more and more accepted. One day, hopefully, intolerance such as being displayed in this thread will be a thing of the past.

It is neither a choice nor a condition... No more than being straight is a 'choice' or a 'mental condition'. Gay people are NOT ill, no more than you are ill. The idea that homosexuality is a 'mental condition' has been disproved last century.

Yes... As is the case among humans, too. How is that relevant? What exactly is the problem? There are less gay people\animals than there are straight ones, that is normal, and it is the reason we aren't going to die out any-time soon, no matter how much gay sex is had.

~~~

Also, DD Mikasa... Forgive me for being direct, but I would really love to know how old are you and where are you from.

Level 21
Wait a minute, hold on, I said that the debate is controversial, not the avatar.
And as long as something which people don't mind is removed, then I don't see why it should be considered censoring. That was just my suggestion though, eventually I don't give a lot of interest to what will happen since I've got no problems with the picture (but of course I'd prefer that it is removed yet I am not compelling anyone to do so)

You guys keep talking about irrelevant things, just open a new damn thread about gays and sexual stuff and continue your discussion there, not here. However I warn you that you'll end up contradicting then insulting each other, nothing more.

Level 49
And as long as something which people don't mind is removed, then I don't see why it should be considered censoring. That was just my suggestion though, eventually I don't give a lot of interest to what will happen since I've got no problems with the picture (but of course I'd prefer that it is removed yet I am not compelling anyone to do so)

Can you stop with those double-sided statements? First you say "you don't mind it", then you say "you'd prefer if it was removed". You keep talking about people who "don't mind", but what about people who WANT it to stay, such as myself and any potential people who use such images as their avatars?

Kazeon

Level 33
I will only respond to on-topic posts
Tauer said:
What you suggested was censoring the site to please a group of people who can't tolerate homosexuality. I don't care if this pleases the majority of the community, that doesn't make it right. It's still wrong. It's still treating people differently because of their sexual orientation because some people are grossed out about it.
Banning kissing-each-other-gay pic doesn't mean the site disrespect gays. If lot of people find it's unpleasing (lot of people are complaining), then sure it's considerable to be removed or banned, for general people's sake. Same as if you are swearing out loud in the middle of a class (just example), maybe your teacher/lecturer will get you out of the class or give other punishment, because your attitude is unpleasing (disturbing) for the teacher and your friends and it interrupt the class. But that doesn't mean the teacher humiliate you, he/she punishes you for a reason: public inconvenience. Same case here, they are displaying erotic pictures which probably disturbs a lot of people thus the pic should be removed. And that doesn't mean the site is treating gays not equally. The site is not banning gays, but the erotic contents.

And again, I don't have problem with gays, I don't have any intention to insult them. I just don't like the pic and I find it's disturbing for me.

And thanks for not being offensive at last so I can calm down a bit :) You was not directly insult/offend me indeed, but other people which I dislike.

Level 39
You can't even... But you wrote essey.
You want, it, you got it, lets do this:

No, you are mixing two different things. Because go in war against other nations because of oil, money, to ,,modern" enslave them for some strategic locations, or any good. And those people are not intolerant, they are immoral and greedy for money and wealth. They do not care about gays, black, white, yellow, green, or anyone, but a profit. Corporations, banks etc etc...
Sure that there are people whose you are talking about ISIL. Those terrorsits are something worst after Hitler which hit our planet.
They are not killing gays only but anyone who think everything different than them.
There are third type of people (which may be first type in different ways), those are whcih create diseases, all sickness around world, so you must buy medications. Those are not hunting for gays or black people, they are hunting for profit.
So where do I belong personally? To ISIL terrorist or those greedy corporation man followed by army, or even mad scientist in lab? (just to tell you I am not rich)

This an entirely different matter which can be analyzed without end. I truly believe that a big part of the reason why we have wars today is this whole "you are different than us so you must die" mentality.

I do not care what would people think as we can also find those people intolerant against us. And according to voting you are not much more than us. We are equal so what will you do about that? even if we are not equal, if we are much less than you, I would personally think same (I cannot talk in others name)
Also how many times I do have to repeat that I am not going to censor anything? I just wanted option to block certain user's avatars or signatures.
Are you that blind to see?

So majority rules? Is that the way we're doing it? I believe in democracy, but that doesn't mean that the majority can't be wrong or have absolutely disgusting opinions.

Which consequences? You are basically treating us? With what? You will start a war against us?
This is where you belong to intolerant people whose dislike anything which goes against your opinion, and you are constantly trying to throw that at us.

The consequence here is basically that people call you intolerant, which a lot of people seem to get very upset about. I find it funny how people call homosexuality 'unnatural' and a 'mental illness' but then get incredibly offended if we call them intolerant.

I can say ,,I hate gays" or ,,I dislike gay pictures, I want option to block it for myself" and you will count same, which in FACT IT IS NOT SAME. But you will count same, because you need something or someone to argue with.
Otherwice you would leave us alone. We have right to request that. What does this concern you anyway if I wish to block certain avatar or not?
Tell me, just answer me what do you care if you already said that you do not personally care about our beliefs? But you care to disturb or stop us for getting that option.

So I discriminate because I requested option to block avatars?
This is discrimination?
You already said that we are on internet. So why then I do not have equal right as you? Why must I be bashed for my statements even if I did not tratened anyone? You told us that we should be ready for consequences.

Listen, fact is that the option to block avatars wouldn't hurt anyone. So sure, why not. My whole point is that this request was made for the wrong reason. This kind of request BREEDS the hatred and intolerance that I believe we should be doing everything in our power to fight. As long as people think like this homosexuals will be discriminated. We need to get past his mentality and these kinds of requests work directly against that.

Exactly. That is what I am saying all time. Be gay, go marry him, go do whatever you wish, just do not throw me that on face, or give me option so I cannot see it. Would you wish me to drop you something which you do not want to see and tell you that you are in wrong place if you cannot see that?
You dislike my avatar? Maybe my sig? Come on, join me, plase vote for this and you will have option to block it yourself.

I don't know how to make this clearer. I am not gay. It's so obvious you're trying to use it as an insult to ruin my credibility. Again, it's actually possible for people to be mature enough to support gay rights without being gay themselves. I know I know, it's a shocker. But there you are.

Shortly in case that this is meant only for me, I am not forcing, trying to censor, forbid anything. Just to get that damn option to block

I sympathize with you. I do. But as I said before this kind of request, made for the wrong reason, only serves to further the gay-hate we have in todays society, so I cannot support it.

I did not know exactly sorry. I do not have crystal ball to tell me what do you wanted to say.
I am realist, I talk what I see, and what is happening in reality even what I cannot see or feel. Everything what I say is true about that, regardless of what you think. Indeed is our planet falling apart, indeed we are full of deases, wars, corruption in world etc etc...
its falling apart regardless of technology or accepting gays which are are using and call it ,,modern"
But you have your point if you meant by modern accepting anything which you believe that it is normal.it is Ok.
But just because you claim something, that does not mean that you have right on word ,,modern".
You see, I also belong and live in that modern world, live with that.

You do belong in that world, and just like I have to accept your sexual preference so do you have to accept others'.

Where? In which civilized parts of world?
You see, in my country, above 90% of people are against gay marriage, same with neighnour countris (not 90% but great majority).
And yet again, our government is pushing us towards EU. But in order to be in EU we have to accept those gay right regardless if people agree or not. And one day, someone will say ,,You see there in civilized country country thay accepted gay marriage", while even more than 90% will be against it because we are forced to accept that. So artifically, we will be for that.
Then how many ,,civilized" countries are forced to accept everything what EU is saying ignoring what majority of people think or stand for? Balkan is perfect example.
I also see that there almost war happened in civilized France when they accepted gay rights. That does not seem civilized to me.

Well, if that is really true I guess I would call that a not very civilized country. And again, just because the majority believes something doesn't make it right. Refer to aparthaid and slavery in the old days. Everybody believed that slavery was alright and black people were less human than white people. Does that make it right? Of course not.

Exactly. That is why you should be at our side and vote for that option if you want problem to get solved. Whatever you find disgusting you can just block yourself without complaining, arguing....
See this. You post picture where you kiss with your boyfriend for example.
it is oK for you, for many. I personally find this disgusting. So, I wont go to that topic, thread to watch it again.
But if you put that in avatar or signature, I will have to block you completely or being forced to watch that. But i do not want to block you completely.
So blocking signatures/avatar is perfect solution for me. Ralle perhaps can code that.

Again with the calling me gay. Sigh. The saddest part is that you probably see it as a genuine insult.

Then lets we all be homosexual and necrophiliacs. It will be good, healthy, awesome. I vote for it. :cgrin: I should upgrade haosis virus to become necro-homo-haosis virus! For upcoming generations.

Another strawman. Way to take my post out of context to discredit me. Again. Good job.

I guess my overall reaction to all this is... why?
Why do you absolutely need that feature to black avatars? Are you really THAT disgusted by it that you can't go on living if a person has that avatar? Are you really THAT sensitive? Because if you are that sensitive I worry for how you're gonna be able to handle yourself in the real world.
Do we really need to force Ralle to spend his valuable time coding a block avatar feature just because you are so insecure about sexuality that you can't handle looking at two dudes kissing?

Level 21
Atomic strikes have happened. Thus, there's nothing wrong with them.(Stop using this kind of fallacy, please)

Seriously people, cut the crap. Who cares about whether the picture is homosexual or not.
The actual questions that matter in this thought process are(imo):
1. Is the picture indecent/vulgar/etc? Yes.
2. Is it abusive? - No.
3. Should it be here? - No, its purpose is quite clearly to provoke people.
4. Should it be banned by rules? - No.
5. Why not? - Because it's a minor issue for most people if at all. Moderators have better things to do. Besides, trying to micromanage this kind of stuff with rules will quickly lead to bullshit.
Dislike the picture? You have three options:
1. Use adblock to block it.
2. Talk to the person.
3. Stop disliking.(lol)

Now about some other stuff:
Is homosexuality natural? - It happens, but it's useless. (Atomic strikes happened too though)
Tauer said:
Which is typically what the homosexual movement is trying to do. However, it doesn't only apply to them. It's a specific kind of people that looks at the world in black and white. It's you. You just happen to be on the other side atm.

So people please, stop taking sides. You don't need some higher authority(god,homosexual community,science) to make up your mind. We are people and people are mostly not the extreme kind that this kind of thinking assumes. Labeling people in black and white extremes is outright stupid and doesn't help the discussion in any way.

it's amazing how for all ur criticizing of masterhaosis' arguments, you've have managed to drop a strawman down a slippery slope right here, all in one go.

i agree with xonok for the most part, except for that bit where he equates homosexuality with the atom bomb (l0l)

Level 20
The consequence here is basically that people call you intolerant, which a lot of people seem to get very upset about. I find it funny how people call homosexuality 'unnatural' and a 'mental illness' but then get incredibly offended if we call them intolerant.
If you are refering to me.
He acused me of hating gay people and not being responsible of what i say.

Now promoting hate or hating someone/something is way more different than being intolerant.
So don't mix things up please .

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I cannot remember stating that you would hate gay people, if I did so, then I am sorry, but I am very sure I didn't.

I accused you of being offensive toward gay people, as you call them mentally ill and not normal.

Level 39
Atomic strikes have happened. Thus, there's nothing wrong with them.(Stop using this kind of fallacy, please)

Is homosexuality natural? - It happens, but it's useless. (Atomic strikes happened too though)

whaaaa.gif

Which is typically what the homosexual movement is trying to do. However, it doesn't only apply to them. It's a specific kind of people that looks at the world in black and white. It's you. You just happen to be on the other side atm.

Care to elaborate? I find it funny how you accuse me of being black/white when you're the one coming in here saying "cut the crap, this is the way it is" and "homosexuality is like atomic strikes" which insanely blunt and black/white.

So people please, stop taking sides. You don't need some higher authority(god,homosexual community,science) to make up your mind. We are people and people are mostly not the extreme kind that this kind of thinking assumes. Labeling people in black and white extremes is outright stupid and doesn't help the discussion in any way.

Who says this is about taking sides? Could it just be that some of us are completely disgusted by some of the intolerance shown in this thread?

it's amazing how for all ur criticizing of masterhaosis' arguments, you've have managed to drop a strawman down a slippery slope right here, all in one go.

I don't see how this is a strawman. I was replying to the notion that it should be censored because it implies sexual content. How is that a strawman?

Now promoting hate or hating someone/something is way more different than being intolerant.

You might not hate gay people, but your comments are incredibly insulting and offensive to homosexuals.

I will only respond to on-topic posts

Banning kissing-each-other-gay pic doesn't mean the site disrespect gays. If lot of people find it's unpleasing (lot of people are complaining), then sure it's considerable to be removed or banned, for general people's sake. Same as if you are swearing out loud in the middle of a class (just example), maybe your teacher/lecturer will get you out of the class or give other punishment, because your attitude is unpleasing (disturbing) for the teacher and your friends and it interrupt the class. But that doesn't mean the teacher humiliate you, he/she punishes you for a reason: public inconvenience. Same case here, they are displaying erotic pictures which probably disturbs a lot of people thus the pic should be removed. And that doesn't mean the site is treating gays not equally. The site is not banning gays, but the erotic contents.

And again, I don't have problem with gays, I don't have any intention to insult them. I just don't like the pic and I find it's disturbing for me.

And thanks for not being offensive at last so I can calm down a bit :) You was not directly insult/offend me indeed, but other people which I dislike.

Again, I don't really care that a lot of people find it unpleasing. So what, everybody just needs to complain and then they get whatever they want? That's not really the way equality works. And yes this is very much treating gay people (or rather homosexuality) inequally. Calling gay people kissing public inconvenience is also pretty insulting if you think about it.

I'm really not trying to offend anybody, I just frankly find some of the arguments in this thread disgusting not to mention incredibly offensive.

Last edited:
Level 34
Oh Tauer, more fun!

This an entirely different matter which can be analyzed without end. I truly believe that a big part of the reason why we have wars today is this whole "you are different than us so you must die" mentality.
But this mentality will never ends, how those conversations. They never ended, they never end and they will never end. Cause you cannot force people how to think. Some think rationaly, some not, some radically, some just have different option that you have, some agree with you ....

So majority rules? Is that the way we're doing it? I believe in democracy, but that doesn't mean that the majority can't be wrong or have absolutely disgusting opinions.
No, you missed my point, or maybe that I explained it wrong.
I meant here. We can possibly get that option only if we win or have enough number of voters.
Why do you think there is poll anyway? For fun or so we can know how many people are for which option?
Democracy indeed means rule of majority with accepting rights and respecting minority. President in any country cannot become with minority.

But how many people will call us intolerant? I though that we are minority here according to your bashing, but if you look at poll, that does not seems so. So I should not care personally... I have right on my own opinions.
I told you even if I am in great minority I would still think same.

Listen, fact is that the option to block avatars wouldn't hurt anyone. So sure, why not. My whole point is that this request was made for the wrong reason. This kind of request BREEDS the hatred and intolerance that I believe we should be doing everything in our power to fight. As long as people think like this homosexuals will be discriminated. We need to get past his mentality and these kinds of requests work directly against that.

I sympathize with you. I do. But as I said before this kind of request, made for the wrong reason, only serves to further the gay-hate we have in todays society, so I cannot support it.

I am glad to hear that but THIS CANNOT BREED HATRED AND INTOLERANCE.
You see this is whole problem in whole topic.
You are biased towards gays and disagree on us, therefore you will reverse story, truth and everything just to sabotage us on that how many you can.
Now you came with story that we are going to breed hatred with that. Every single word or request even with good reasons you will try to turn that we will ,,enforce something against them".

I don't know how to make this clearer. I am not gay. It's so obvious you're trying to use it as an insult to ruin my credibility. Again, it's actually possible for people to be mature enough to support gay rights without being gay themselves. I know I know, it's a shocker. But there you are.
No, really I just gave you example I did not meant to disrespect you if you are gay, Even if you are I would treat you same as before, as I treat everyone on this site according to other matters, but not on religious or sexual orientation, or skins...

You do belong in that world, and just like I have to accept your sexual preference so do you have to accept others'.
I accepted but I do not too agree.
Show me any law in any ,,modern" world where I am forced to be with gay.
I am not. I have my right to personally dislike him same as you. I have my right to walk away from him, I have right not to be with him in same room, or to be far from his presence if I want. This is given by democracy right that individual has to chose with whose he will spend his time.
So if I can avoid them in real world, why I cannot here? Why cannot I block images?

Well, if that is really true I guess I would call that a not very civilized country.
They same think for you. And everything is fine. They wont go there towards you, you do not go there towards them and problems solved.

And again, just because the majority believes something doesn't make it right. Refer to aparthaid and slavery in the old days. Everybody believed that slavery was alright and black people were less human than white people. Does that make it right? Of course not.
Of course not, but this is not subject of topic.
Again biasing towards gays! Slaves are one thing, gays are different. Slaves are tortured, killed, sold for money, did not have rights....
What about gays? Does anyone sell them for money? Does torture them? Are they not having any rights?
You are mixing two completely different things

Again with the calling me gay. Sigh. The saddest part is that you probably see it as a genuine insult.

Another strawman. Way to take my post out of context to discredit me. Again. Good job.
No, I did not try to call you gay or insult, just to tell you that you can be gay, marry him, go do whatever you wish, I do not care.
I am telling you that I have my right to not like gay pictures....
And you tried to put that that I am breeding hatred.
Even if I do, why would think that someone will listen me?
You gay-fan boys can speak to me whole day or night, and I wont change mind. How do you expect that I breed someone? Am I masterMind to decide what people will think? No. Everyone who came here came with his own will. i did not force anyone.

Are you really THAT sensitive? Because if you are that sensitive I worry for how you're gonna be able to handle yourself in the real world.
I am handling myself fine in real world.... In my real world around me we do not care about such things and as explained we do not have issues with gays, they are very very minority. On gay pride only 200 (if that is not lot) people from whole country walked, while 5 000 police officers had to watch them.
Also, because its my right. I also can ask you same ,,WHY WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE GAY FAN BOY? Why do you have to defend them instead of themselves? Why do you feel yourself like police officer?"

Exactly, he mixed some things several times already. We simply ask for option to block avatars and they attack us that we are intolerant or whatever.
You cannot even tell your opinion without being bashed by some fan boys.
Only their opinion is right! We should be thankful until we still have right to speak.

he wanted some fun! He needed this for some time, otherwise he would leave us alone and let this pass away. But no, he will have to the last atom of his strength to prove that we are wrong.

Level 20
You might not hate gay people, but your comments are incredibly insulting and offensive to homosexuals.

I asked politely for them not to promote their activities,and also apologized to homosexual individuals if they felt offended by my statments but this is the way i think,i'am intolerant towards gay pubilcity but in no way i am trying to breed hatred towards them.

Level 21
@Tauer
You actually managed to misunderstand my point that thoroughly!?

Also, you misquoted me by saying that I equate homosexuality with atomic strikes. Sorry, but are you an idiot or did you simply not understand that I pointed out a fallacy that has been repeated several times?
I said that you are one of the people that categorizes everything in black and white and you actually went out of your way to prove that you are...

Level 49
I asked politely for them not to promote their activities

I would like to politely ask you to stop spending time with your girlfriend in public. Seeing you two like that is very disturbing to me. Also, please never talk to your parents again, as a single-parented person it is offensive to me that you have two parents. And don't eat vegetables in public, I am a meatatarian and it's offensive to me that someone would hurt plants like that.

Level 39
Oh Tauer, more fun!

But this mentality will never ends, how those conversations. They never ended, they never end and they will never end. Cause you cannot force people how to think. Some think rationaly, some not, some radically, some just have different option that you have, some agree with you ....

Alright, so your solution is to just give up? Not try to change our conservative ways? If people always thought this way we would still have slaves.

No, you missed my point, or maybe that I explained it wrong.
I meant here. We can possibly get that option only if we win or have enough number of voters.
Why do you think there is poll anyway? For fun or so we can know how many people are for which option?
Democracy indeed means rule of majority with accepting rights and respecting minority. President in any country cannot become with minority.

And again I say, even if the majority does think this doesn't make it any better. Anyway this is all up to Ralle to change. If he wants to he will if he doesn't he wont. And if he does change it I'll have to live with that and I can. But that doesn't mean that I agree.

But how many people will call us intolerant? I though that we are minority here according to your bashing, but if you look at poll, that does not seems so. So I should not care personally... I have right on my own opinions.
I told you even if I am in great minority I would still think same.

You do have that right. That's called the freedom of speech. But it doesn't make it any less narrow-minded and intolerant.

I am glad to hear that but THIS CANNOT BREED HATRED AND INTOLERANCE.
You see this is whole problem in whole topic.
You are biased towards gays and disagree on us, therefore you will reverse story, truth and everything just to sabotage us on that how many you can.
Now you came with story that we are going to breed hatred with that. Every single word or request even with good reasons you will try to turn that we will ,,enforce something against them".

I don't think you are deliberately trying to breed hatred and intolerance. But that is inevitable result of polls like this. By having polls like this you are furthering/supporting the idea that somehow gay sex is more disgusting or less natural than straight sex, even if it is not on purpose.

I accepted but I do not too agree.
Show me any law in any ,,modern" world where I am forced to be with gay.
I am not. I have my right to personally dislike him same as you. I have my right to walk away from him, I have right not to be with him in same room, or to be far from his presence if I want. This is given by democracy right that individual has to chose with whose he will spend his time.
So if I can avoid them in real world, why I cannot here? Why cannot I block images?

Sure, you do have the right to dislike gay people. Or walk away. So why don't you?
We're not talking about your rights here. What you want is censorship and I don't support that.
If you truly wish to block that image, use adblock. It's free. Why should Ralle waste his time coding this because you can't handle looking at this image? Again that's 100% your own problem.

Of course not, but this is not subject of topic.
Again biasing towards gays! Slaves are one thing, gays are different. Slaves are tortured, killed, sold for money, did not have rights....
What about gays? Does anyone sell them for money? Does torture them? Are they not having any rights?
You are mixing two completely different things

No, I am not. Gay people DO have less rights than straight people. It's a fact. You yourself said that 90% of your country's people are against gay marraige. Would you call that equality?
There are parts of the world where homosexuals get whipped in the street if they get caught. It's the EXACT same situation. Only difference is that people are discriminating based on sexual orientation and not race.

In my real world around me we do not care about such things and as explained we do not have issues with gays, they are very very minority. On gay pride only 200 (if that is not lot) people from whole country walked, while 5 000 police officers had to watch them.

And you don't think this is a problem? This right here illustrates everything I'm trying to say.

Also, because its my right. I also can ask you same ,,WHY WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE GAY FAN BOY? Why do you have to defend them instead of themselves? Why do you feel yourself like police officer?"

Has nothing to do with being a "police officer" I simply disagree with what you're saying. Apparently that means that I'm a gay fan boy.

Exactly, he mixed some things several times already. We simply ask for option to block avatars and they attack us that we are intolerant or whatever.
Only their opinion is right! We should be thankful until we still have right to speak.

If someone says that homosexuality is unnatural or a mental illness, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say that they're intolerant. I don't see how that's wrong.

I also find it funny that you're crying about how you're not allowed to voice your opinion when you're doing the exact same thing. I disagree with your notion that we should block these avatars and then you cry about me bashing you and call me names like gay fan boy. How are you any better? Please get off your high horse.

@Tauer
You actually managed to misunderstand my point that thoroughly!?

Also, you misquoted me by saying that I equate homosexuality with atomic strikes. Sorry, but are you an idiot or did you simply not understand that I pointed out a fallacy that has been repeated several times?
I said that you are one of the people that categorizes everything in black and white and you actually went out of your way to prove that you are...

Or maybe you know, it's a bs point.
Again I ask you to elaborate. I don't see how I've said anything that can be categorized as black/white. This post literally did nothing but call me an idiot. Back up your claims.

Maybe I misunderstood your atomic strike analogy. Was I wrong to assume that it was an argument against the fact that because there has been cases of homosexuality in animals it's not unnatural?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I have to admit I kind of lost the view now.
Nonetheless, one of the former posters stated that it is a topic because there two gays kissing. A straight couple would cause less trouble, they said.
THAT's why here's such a discussion now, not because 'we' want to bash you.
You tell 'us' that we think only our opinion is right ? You do the same, especially DD Mikasa did ( this is solved now, no need to discuss again). It is not that 'we' want to take away the right of speech. 'We' discuss why 'we' think it is offensive to allow avatar/profile picture block due to homosexuality.

Kazeon

Level 33
Tauer said:
Again, I don't really care that a lot of people find it unpleasing. So what, everybody just needs to complain and then they get whatever they want? That's not really the way equality works. And yes this is very much treating gay people (or rather homosexuality) inequally. Calling gay people kissing public inconvenience is also pretty insulting if you think about it.

I'm really not trying to offend anybody, I just frankly find some of the arguments in this thread disgusting not to mention incredibly offensive.

You have no right as well to call other's opinions disgusting just because you don't agree with their arguments or their arguments are not nicely spoken, I believe everyone got their own reasons but not everyone is good at expressing exactly what they actually mean.

As you are the one who demands equality so badly, then you should treat people equally as well, you shouldn't speak without any action in reality. You are humiliating those people by saying their opinions/arguments are disgusting, that's disrespectful and extremely offensive I will say.

Why no you guys become more friendly a bit? :)

Displaying those kind if pictures is disrespectful and considerably insulting as well (expression to a complete non-sense argument). Even tho his argument is not understandable you can nicely say "I can't understand your post" instead. Having intention to offend is considered as a behavior-disorder as well, which happens to people nowadays (I read the article more or less a year ago, sadly it's not in English). I believe no one would love to keep their disorders.

Alright, I have been completely off-topic here. I'm just hoping a friendly discussion.

EDIT:
What's wrong with being off-topic anyway? This is off-topic section remember? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.