• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Inaccuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi,
at map initialization, i create a unit at the position of another unit (Selection Circle). The created unit is exactly in the center of the circle.
Now, if i pick a hero, the created unit dies, and the picked unit moves to the exact location (to the Circle). The location is saved in a location variable

Note: Even if i use a timer as a delay (to prevent that the created units' collision is in the way), it is still not working.

Attachments

• Example1.PNG
    Example1.PNG
    117 KB · Views: 80
  • Example2.PNG
    Example2.PNG
    125.8 KB · Views: 97
Level 13
You could use "GetLocationX(your point)" and "GetLocationY(your point)", and after that set the unit's X and Y to these values "SetUnitX" and "SetUnitY", that ignoes collisions.
With more details it would look something like this:
  • Custom script: set udg_X = GetLocationX(the point)
  • Custom script: set udg_Y = GetLocationY(the point)
  • Custom script: set udg_TempUnit = CreateUnit ( '0000' , udg_X, udg_Y, 0.00)
//Not sure if creating units, using X and Y is ignoring collision, but if it isn't:
  • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_TempUnit , udg_X)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_TempUnit , udg_Y)
EDIT: You could potentially make your trigger a tiny little bit lighter, if you don't use the point/location variable, instead get the Circle of Power's coordinates.
Then the trigger will look like "set udg_X = GetUnitX(~the circle~); set udg_Y = GetUnitY(~the circle~)"

Last edited:
Level 12
Are you certain you are killing the unit before moving the other?

I'm not sure what else could cause it.

Level 17
ok, even if i do not spawn the wisp at all, the hero will still spawn with an offset.
SetUnitX, SetUnitY did not work.

EDIT: i tried using the basic paladin and bloodmage, and they worked. so it has to do something with the unit itself? some object editor data. basic footmen also do have a slight offset

EDIT: they dont seem to move to the exact position where i click either, it is always with an offset. really weird

Last edited:
Level 24
I suppose the units.
Collision size is included in setting the position of units, it be SetUnitPosition or SetUnitX/Y.
So I suppose it adds half the collision size to the actual coordinates... like the actual X/Y position is actually the lower left corner of the collision shape... iirc.

I was confronted with it when I was trying to place a cannon on a tank that would be a separate unit so it could aim and shoot while driving etc.
It had me stunned for hours why it didnt just stay in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.