• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Create Units - Building Displacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey guys,

I am using the create units function
  • Unit - Create 1 Circle of Power for Player 1 (Red) at Center of [SomeRect] facing [SomePoint]
to place Circle of Powers onto the map.
However, they get slightly displaced all the time, and the form of displacement seems to depend on the map coordinates of their creation points.

I'll show you some images to explain it:
All circles are created at the center of the red regions.
2rdjdyx.jpg
dxxde.jpg

Northwest of the map. The circle got placed in a way that its own center is located at the center of the rect (I guess that's the normal way).

2mzjd60.jpg
2622hwl.jpg

Northeast of the map. The circle got placed in a way that its most east point is located at the center of the rect. That means the circle got displaced at west direction.

2gtdu05.jpg
2dl3rr7.jpg

Southeast of the map. The circle got placed in a way that its most southeast point is located at the center of the rect. That means the circle got displaced at northwest direction.

j7x9mo.jpg
2u4sal3.jpg

South of the map. The circle got placed in a way that its most south point is located at the center of the rect. That means the circle got displaced at north direction.

25f3zfa.jpg
15datye.jpg

Southwest of the map. The circle got placed in a way that its most south point is located at the center of the rect. That means the circle got displaced at north direction.

The displacement directions are always the same, no matter how often I tried that. I made all tests by using the World Editor though, so its probably related to some weird testing constant.

What's the reason for this weird behaviour?
I just want to create circles at fix locations :(

Thanks in advance!
Eikonium

Level 21
The reason is that your circle has a pathing map and it's snapping that to the grid.
Units can have very accurate positions, but pathing maps can not due to the way they are handled, so any unit(building) that has a pathing map needs to obey some more strict rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.