• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help creating pre-defined building spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ermm yeah I think that best describes what I have in mind.

Basically I would like to make it so that there are various types of circles of power spread throughout the map which can be "captured" by nearby units.
Once captured a builder can come and build on the spot a pre-defined building, only a builder can do it and building would a process.

So a circle of power representing barracks would create a barracks whilst a blacksmith circle would make a blacksmith.

If the building is destroyed the circle is returned in its place free for capture.

Kinda like in all the WW maps.

Anyone? ^^

Level 20
Save the Unit Type Handle of the Building that the circle is available to build into the Circle of Power Handle. Detect when the building starts, and, if the building handle is'nt the circle handle, stop/destroy/remove the current building process.

Another way would be having the circle with the option to upgrade to an specific building (set in the OE), you can make the worker join into the circle (turning into an item) and make that item required to upgrade to the building. When the building finishes, re-create the worker in the building position.

Level 4
That didn't work quite like I wanted :( I'm currently basing off my plots from Gold Mine and my buildings off haunted gold mine... which seems to work so far.

However now I don't know how to separate the plot types because I don't know how to check for a target unit for a build order?.. :s
How would I go about limiting people from building on any plot? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.