• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

'Hero Building' help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, i need help creating a building which is a hero (so that it can gain experience).
but when i make a wall kind of thing as seen in Vampirism and such tags then i can build it everywhere my builder can reach, and theres not those green/red spots does not appear under the building : (

is there some way i can add those green/red spots?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well to make hero buildings you need 3 units, 2 per hero building and 1 as a generic unit for all hero buildings.

The first unit is a dummy unit which has the build tooltips, cost, build time and is just a normal building with the desired pathing map and is the only one you can build.
The second unit is your actual hero converted into a building, this has the stats you want the tower to have.

The last one is just a normal building that has a pathing map and no model.

When the first building is built, you have to replace it with the second building and make a third building at the same location since hero buildings do not have pathing. This method works perfectly and I even use it my self.

You can probably skip all this and just use the hero as the building dummy but it requires you to heavily mod the editor or the object data to support the pathing map field on hero buildings, even still I never have tested this method or seen it used so I can not insure you it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.