• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Stuffs! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello i have 3 building questions

1. How can i make the building time for my hero builder (a hero that builds) shorter than 1 second? (like in Kodo Tag where it is like nothing at all..) my building only got 10 hp but its still takes 1 sec...

2. How can i get some range at my builder? so that he don't have to stand so close to the building he builds...

3. I have been trying to make some towers and so on with my builder (all based on human structures) but the only ability that works for me then is the repair (human) ability, but i really want it to be restore so they can build like the undeads acolytes are doing....

I'm pleased for help so please help me!! :D

Level 21
1. I'm quite sure the minimum build time is 1 second. You can however "fake" the construction process by adding abilities that instantly create a building at the target position of ability bein cast.

2. Well... If you're using the alternate method (as in casting abilities instead of building units), you can just change the range of the ability.
Perhaps check if the repair (human) ability has a certain casting range?

3. Base your worker & buildings off the undeath units?

Level 4
Well, for the finishing a building instantly thing, you could always just detect when a building gets started and replace it instantly if it is the right building type...heres an example:

• ConstructInstantly
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Farm
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Constructing structure) with a Farm using The new unit's default life and mana

For number 2, use other guys suggestion of increasing repair range...if that doesnt work, Im not sure what to do.

For number 3, change the classification of the builder to Worker(should already be that) and check the undead box. So now hes an undead worker so he should use the Summon Building ability instead of build structure. But now for the buildings to actually build you need to change the race of the building(in object editor) to Undead instead of Human. Now they will summon instead of build, However, if the model file is a human builder (peasent) it will still appear as though he is building the structure(he will continue hammering away at the building) And im not sure if there is a way to fix this...and now you need to add restore to the builder so he can restore the buildings. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.