• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In the Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Here's something I've been working on for the past days, actually done it live in tinychat even. But, well, its a terrain, nothing really special.

Hope you like it :)

Attachments

• In the Mist.png
    In the Mist.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 309
Level 7
Can someone tell me why this picture should be an 'excellent' and/or 'phenomenal' piece of work?
Actually I see just a couple of randomly placed trees (at least the placement seems randomly...) and a weird composition of pretty thick fog and rain, although the sun can create amazingly bright water reflections which outshine nearly everything.
First: That makes no sense to me and second: it doesn´t look good either. 8(
Hopefully you won´t take this as an offense, but I´m quite confused of the good ratings of my former posters. o_O

Level 7
Actually I see just a couple of randomly placed trees (at least the placement seems randomly...)

Well i would ask then this question: Isn't nature mostly random, cause you wont see forest, where trees are lined up etc. every day. This said i comment the picture also.

IMO its pretty well made picture, cause it seems like an nature. Fogging and lightning is well done. But my personal opinion would be, that i would like to see more underbrush, cause it would make picture more better. This is because, atm the picture may have tiny pit of tree overload.

Overall well made picture, but could use some minor changes IMO.

Level 36
Can someone tell me why this picture should be an 'excellent' and/or 'phenomenal' piece of work?
Actually I see just a couple of randomly placed trees (at least the placement seems randomly...) and a weird composition of pretty thick fog and rain, although the sun can create amazingly bright water reflections which outshine nearly everything.
Hopefully you won´t take this as an offense, but I´m quite confused of the good ratings of my former posters. o_O

I dont know, though I do wonder why you would want to come around here with that negative attitude, I'm not saying that I am offended, I simply think that wasn't very nice said. Nor can I read anything constructive in your comment, normally when I dont entirely like a terrain, I tend to post pointers and ideas to what I dont like, and what I would like see changed, you appear to me to have posted none.

Anyways, thanks to everyone else for the nice words, I will see if I can't do something about the critique, if I find myself in the mood of editing this terrain :)

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Nor can I read anything constructive in your comment

-Put more thought into your tree placement.
-The reflection of the sun light is too strong, the sun doesn't shine so bright during the rain.
-The whole scene makes no sense because the environment may look realistic, but the lightning/fog are far from realistic, which creates a rather awkward contrast.

Read between the lines. :p

Level 19

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.