• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of some guidance/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Need some pointers on how to make my ability via triggers.

I want to make an ability called "Frenzy", that shall nullify target unit's armor (armor equals 0) and add the same amount of dmg to his usual dmg as is his armor at the moment - and all this just for the duration of the ability.

Ex.: A unit casts "Frenzy" on itself - unit has 5-10 dmg and 5 armor - for the duration of the spell units armor becomes 0 and it's damage becomes 5-10 +5 or 10-15.

1) Is this possible to make?

2) Give me some guidance on how to start making the trigger?

(especially the part with the armor, except this I think I can manage everything else)

Level 14
Whenever the unit casts your frenzy ability.
Can't you simply add a negative Devotion Aura to remove the armor (shift + click object field) and a positive War Drums aura to add the damage?
Respectively change the target to self?
Then add a timer of 5 seconds and remove them again?

Level 20
There's no way to know the current armor of the unit, unless you keep track of current Agility Armor Bonus + Item armor bonus + Aura armor bonus + Skill amor bonus. Also, units never have too much armor (unless the armor bonus is really small, like 0.01 or 0.02 in Gameplay Constants).

I think it's better to reduce armor by % (lets say 25, 50, 75, 100) and increase damage by the same amount (25, 50, 75, 100)%

Level 7
I see, so I'll have to make it work in a different way...

Thanks anyway guys! +rep for helping me

Thank you BeTaGod- but I can do this myself ;)

Level 7
Yeah I think so as well, although I was wondering if there's a fast easy way I don't want to loose that much time searching for such a system because at the end I may not know how to use it for my ability...

Level 6
Anyone know how Icefrog made "Tauren Chieftan's: Natural order" passive. to wear it reduces the targets armor by a %? Does he keep track of (agility+armor+itemarmors+auraarmors/abilityarmors)

Level 20
Tauren Chieftan's aura reduces unit natural armor, it means: Default unit armor + natural agility armor (not green agility bonus / armor). I'm not sure how he achieves that, but you may check all auras in the Object Editor and search if any of them allows excluding bonus armor from the armor % reduction.

If you want to reduce also bonus, just add a negative value to devution aura and check "Enemies" as target.

Level 6
Ah I didn't know it didnt deal with additional armor. still vs Knight davion's natural armor and armor increase with dragonus blood that could really hurt him.
I see though thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.