• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of names, map name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So i've got this project going on its like 60% finished and im in need of a name. I have been working on it for some time with my pal, it's set in medieval warcraft like times (meaning goblins, undead, demons, steam machinery, wizards, paladins etc.) The map gameplay is an interactive warfare between two factions - one being the empire or kingdom(i haven't decided yet)in control of the city and its sorrounding farmlands - at the beginning they are controlling about 70% of all points in the map, having the strategic advantage and the other faction being rebels - outcasts of society seeking their revenge on the tyrant king, for the superior defenses of their enemies compensate in sheer numbers. Beside that there are several factions willing to join you in exchange for your help - those factions are:

Wardens(also be needin some fancy name for them) - Imprisoned inside the walls of a penitentiary facility for extremely dangerous convicts, located at a marsh outside the city. To make a long story short, one of their inmates gone mad summoned some demons, and got posessed in the process, overthrew their guardians with newfound power, freed his brethren and founded a satanic cult within the walls of prison, sacrificing their opressors one by one - Your job either as a rebel or as a servant of a king is to kill the man in charge, obtain a key and free them.

The Northsea Traders(T.N.T.) A faction of goblins looking to expand their influence and make some serious money, they have been trying to strike a deal with the king for months, but their patience has reached its limit it is now or never, as a member of the royal armies you have to arrange a deal with goblins to join your cause in exchange for the access to the city's port and trading routes, and as a rebel you have to convince them to strike with you and take what they want by force(ofc. in both cases you have to do some chores first)

The Cursed Ones - The curse of undeath is spreading throughout the lands of north, once a verdant forest now a grim, shadowy place called the dreadlands - a sinful priest, false prophet, founder of an corrupt order with its base in a cathedral atop the steep hills upon which the ravenhill fort was built is the one to be held responsible for the eternal damnation of its people.
You have to kill the priest, and all his puppets in order to free the people from under his shadow, once the deed is done althought they may never go back to their former selves, they will be grateful to regain their free will, and fight side by side with you.

Dwarves - Althought they never held any sympathy for the people of (....can't think of a name) Empire/Kingdom, at times errupting into short term conflicts between two factions, a couple of years ago they formed an uneasy alliance, undermined by inconsiderate and bold actions of the newly elected ruler. Recently a dwarven mining expedition accidentialy awoke an ancient beast, when searching for precious minerals inside an ancient cavern, buried deep within the eternal snows of Gar'Modan. As a messenger of king you job is to strenghten the pact and ensure their help by looking out for them in their time of need and as a rebel you have to fight off the incursion, and together rush against the king to forge a long and prosperous future.

Players will get to control one of 12 completely different and each unique with its system/spell combinations heroes. It's basically something like alterac valley (or dawn of war for those who haven't played wow) with securing the points, assault will be completely ran by computer with exceptions of heroes ofc. and with elements of rpg - boss encounters, items (althought im coming out with an assumption that skills should make a hero not items, so dont expect much from there, in best case it would give you an advantage in form of an extra 1 strike every 5 seconds or so, or a 5% damage increase/ spell resistance), also each point has its own strategic meaning f.e. if you capture a lumbermill, as a rebel it enables you construction of trebuchets, and other siege machinery, or if you loose stables that means no more cavalry for you etc. By far i thought of only 2 victory conditions either you chase your enemy down to his last base, or kill a ruler of oposing faction.

Anyway what would you name a siege/defense/rpg map like this?
Here are some screenshots to get you going :p

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah I like the ideas, just thought of a name "The Kingslayers" idk how does that sound :p?

Reactions: Naz

Naz

Naz

Level 3
Trails of Mutiny
Mutiny
Rise of the New Order
Seekers' revenge

Level 6
trails of mutiny does sound nice :D, thanks for ideas guys i think im gonna go with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.