• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of a terrainer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello Hive members,

I am in need of a terrainer for my RPG, 'Lament of the Heavens'. I really am desperate at this point as my terraining ability is hopeless and I already have a million other things for the project to do. I won't go into much detail about the RPG now. However I will give you a little information about what terrain will be needed.

There are six regions that I have already placed on the map. Now, six regions, don't say to yourself, "Oh God... tiles'll be a pain". Some of these regions are actually quite similar. Region one (Estae) is basically a lush rainforest abundant with waters and animals. In its core is a large lake that stems out into two different rivers. Estae has two towns: The Fortress Selvathia and the ruins of La'ghan.
Region two (Ael Travakk) is an L-shaped swampland that acts as the belt for Estae. In AT, there are graveyards, trees with massive roots that are sometimes unpassable and Troll encampments. The two main NPC places are Hawke's Landing and Doomforge Encampment.
Region three (Daelora) is a rugged land of mountains and gorges that wind their way around each other, making getting lost very plausable. To the north, it snows, to the south, it is completely and utterly rocky. There is also the large and gnarled oak forest to the east that borders the village of Arcanabas. The main town in Daelora is U'ria Keep. The first dungeon (Nightfall Keep) is also here.
Region four (Mae'rok or the Mourning Rock) is a large desert filled with crags and ravines, however to the east it is very tropical. Only two oasis' fill the area as well as a large Orcish town (NPC area) known as Razorspine. One of the oasis' is home to the Temple of Yukini and the city of Oschan. Clay mines are also common here.
Region five (Quilahn) is actually nearly the same as Estae, however it is abundant with villages, farmlands and is more park-like. The main town here is Cailjorth's Landing, however as I said, there are a lot of villages.
Region six (Baelinia) is a large archipelago spanning six main islands and many small ones. It is very tropical and is where Trolls and serpents rest. The main towns here are Rhunda, Old Piertown, Hathemoore and Dhundaka.

For more details, please PM me or email me at: [email protected] or [email protected]. YOU must also have proof of your terraining capabilities as I do not want poorly done terrain.

-- Wolfe.

Level 7
If you want i could do some of the terrain (region 1 and 2) if you want me to.
I havent uploaded any screenshot of my terrain pictures YET but i guess you could just ask me to do a terrain and i could show that too you :)

Level 17
Sure, in fact... how about, to prove your skills, you make a terrain of an ancient pyramid surrounded by dense rainforest.

Level 1
This took me 15 minutes and I'm fairly new to the editor. Took me longer to find the Weather Prefrence than the terraining.

It's probably not what you invision but it's something that came to mind fast and easy.

Attachments

• Ancient Pyramid.jpg
    Ancient Pyramid.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 128
  • SurroundedbyDeepForest.jpg
    SurroundedbyDeepForest.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 112
  • 15 Minutes.jpg
    15 Minutes.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Pyramid Forest.w3x
    51.9 KB · Views: 35
Level 7
Pyamid ? That not easy too make, but forests are :)
I will start doing it now and return when i have made some good one, probally later or tomorrow

Level 7
sry i forgot all about it i will have it done this weekend i promise

well i had some problem with my keyboard (cant take screenshots :cry:)
so i uploaded the map here, i know it sucks that you have to dl it but its the only way right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.