• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadowed Day Needs a Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Artins the Great suggested that I put this request here. Probably because it's a rather big job, and now that I look there are a lot of terrain requests here, so I think I'm in the right place.

Intro: Hello, I'm Sir.Laggalot, kinda new to the site, but I've been working on a map by the name of "Shadowed Day" for a little while now. I created the terrain and quite a few units for it as well as some triggers. I'm nearing early alpha but I recently was searching through the maps on the site and ran across Shair. After looking at Shair I realized that my map is really horrible, because of this, I am now looking for someone who would be willing to create a new terrain for me to use.

Project: Shadowed Day begins with the players choosing their character, each character has a different means of gaining money, and a different job within the world. You start out pretty poor, and you have to build up from there.
Food and sleep are the two stats that you have to worry about. Without food you begin to lose health, and without sleep you will fall asleep where you stand (which could be very bad).

If you save up enough, you will be able to build yourself a house of sorts, or just buy one. The house will decrease the time you are required to sleep and will keep you safe while you do so.

Now we come to the less friendly part of the game. We happen to have a problem in the Kingdom of Far, that problem namely is a zombie plague. Dotted throughout the land are small blighted areas, these areas are very dangerous. If anything (other than a zombie) dies in blight, a zombie will rise from their corpse. Also, zombies will be randomly spawning all across the map (in blighted regions only).

When a zombie kills, and when a zombie dies, it leaves a blighted spot. This mechanic lets the zombies spread blight across the world, and as there is more blight, there is a higher spawn rate of zombies.

A couple other mechanics to hamper the players and add to the paranoia include a spreading plague (spreads from those who catch it to nearby units), random events, witches and voodoo doctors, and more.

Currently I'm working on fixing the spreadable plague, polishing the zombie spawn system, the sleep and food system, and the random events.

Request:

* Name: The Kingdom of Far's Terrain
* Type: Medieval Terrain
* Details: I'm looking for a very large map populated by small towns, villages, farms, and a couple large cities including the capital. I'd like the map to contain a lot of forests, and paved roads to and from the main cities, the smaller towns can be alone or have small paths. Forest edges should be thin enough to walk through with their cores being more difficult (small trails through the trees or completely blocked off). I'd like the map to be green and foresty.

This is my first time requesting something so, if there is anything else you need, or would like to know feel free to ask.

One last thing, I need there to be a small area on a corner of the map blank, when I mean small, I mean enough space to have a spot of blight and no more. (I use a terrain check to see if a location has blight, and I need a spot that will remain blighted forever)

I can supply my current map, or screens of it if requested, but I'd rather they not flavor any terrains you guys create, not just because it's bad, but because I realized that I wasted a whole crap ton of space on mine.

Level 4
Oh wow, I'm sorry. Someone has begun to help me work on the map (by help I mean, they are essentially doing the terrain for me ("Airandius" is awesome)). I think I'll be fine, but thank you very much Epimeliad.

Status
Not open for further replies.