• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In need of a multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm in dire need for a multiboard that works for 2 modes deathmatch (free for all) and team deathmatch. If deathmatch is chosen every player has his/her name on the list with the number of points the player has, but when team deathmatch is chosen the players should be kept apart depending on what team they are on (team 1 on one row with the total amount of points for team 1, followed by the players in team 1 with their own amount of points, after that the same is repeated but for team 2). It would be nice with teamcolor on the names but it's not needed. Just ask me if more info is needed.

I would have done on my own but the problem is that I've got no experience with multiboards.

Level 37
  • Multib 2
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Player_Group = (All players controlled by a User player)
      • Set Temp_Integer_1 = (Number of players in Temp_Player_Group)
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and Temp_Integer_1 rows, titled Elapsed Time
      • Multiboard - Change the color of the title for (Last created multiboard) to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to Temp_Integer_1, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 0
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column (Integer B), row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
^This creates a basic multiboard and adds all players there. I think you need to destroy that player group since it leaks.

• Update Multiboard 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Integer_1 = (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
      • Set Temp_Integer_Array[Temp_Integer_1] = (Temp_Integer_Array[Temp_Integer_1] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) to (String(Temp_Integer_Array[Temp_Integer_1]))

^This is a basic way to update the score. I used killing units as an example.

Perhaps you're able to create the other multiboard by yourself. I'm feeling too lazy to do it right now. But it's not that much more difficult. Set the text of column 1, row 1 to TEAM 1, then detect the number of players playing, and set the text of column 1, row x (x depends on amount of players) to TEAM 2. Perhaps it's a good idea to leave a blank row between the teams.

Level 10
I think I've manage to do something that works as I want (besides player color on name) with your help :grin: so +Rep for now and if it works I'll also give you credits in my map (can't test it on this computer because of my busted graphic card).

EDIT: It works as I want so I'll give you credits :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.