• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] In need for a simple modification .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well I'm making a dumb map of 2D movement system ...I searched in hiveworkshop .... No 2D system found but this one :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/2dengine-1-08b-149850/

It's kinda stupid because it's not smooth . The Jumper jumps with the same speed all the time until it reaches a limited range then the jumper starts falling . Well That's not smooth . Can someone make this system smoother so the jumper jumps ands his jumping speed starts decreasing until he reaches the limit then he starts falling with an increasing speed till he reaches the ground ... Well That was impossible for me to make ..
REWARD !!! : 2 REPUTATIONS + GIVING CREDITS !!!!!

I need a 2D gravity system . not movement

Last edited:
Level 20
You would have to modify the system yourself or make your own system (taking the one you have as a base example) Maybe you could then share it as improved 2D System, since there aren't many around.

I'm sure the math and physics of all that must be around sice HUNDREDS of HUNDREDS of HUNDREDS of Flash Games, Snes Games, Atari Games, NES games, Ps1, 2, 3, 4 games, PC games, uses them. Being a 2D System makes everything a lot easier indeed. I think there's a public Angry Bird physics library around you can check to learn how they handle the 2D movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.