• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In Game Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
If my multiboard system can't be fixed I'm going to use images.
I'm making an image in photoshop,
Even though pic is 64x64 - and size in game is set to 64 I have this huge white area past the picture.
Image is a TGA and imported into my map as is.

Is there a way to use transparency in game?
How do I have all that white?

image.jpg

Last edited:
the gray/white boxes means alpha doesn't it? (and there is a 1px transparent on right side)

No, that is transparency but that transparency is not conserved with .TarGA files. For transparency, you have to click the Channels tab and then create a new one. (click the little button that is where "New Layer" normally is, or just use the toolbar, Windows -> Channels) Then use your brush to alpha out whatever you need to.

White = Add/Maintained
Black = Remove (transparency)

So basically, whatever has the checkered cubes right now should be blackened in that new alpha channel. Then just save as .tga (do 32 bits/pixel or 24 bits/pixel unless you are very concerned about file size [in which case, do 16 bits/pixel], because images in wc3 end up being crap in terms of quality if you save it with less quality) Then convert it using Wc3Viewier or BLPLab.

It should end up working correctly. However, you should also add a 1px transparent border on the bottom portion of your image.

Status
Not open for further replies.