• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

In game compass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
would it be possible to make some sort of in game compass that was always displayed and would always point north even if the camera rotation changed?
I wanted to get rid of my mini map in my rpg but since the camera rotation changes it would make getting around a pain without a compass or something.

Level 13
I think the best you could do is a multi-board that tells you
with a trigger that changes the board depending on which direction your facing
Like 0* 90* 180* 270*
Would just have t0 go through rotating a unit till you figure out which way you want North to be

Level 3
I see.. im still kinda new to wc3 and havnt gotten into multiboards yet. Do you think you could possibley show me how i would go about triggering that? i would greatly appreciate it.

Level 3
i wanna try to make it work as both single and multi (probably 4-6 players) ill probably just make a dificulty setting to keep it challenging with more players

Status
Not open for further replies.