• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Models, Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I follow all of the steps for importing a model, and i have tried importing various models, and everytime i connect the model to the object editor's model file for a certain troop it says "could not load file" and says the file name that it was put as, please help.

Level 10
Have you tested the map? I get that message often, but models are still displayed correctly in the game. If models don't display correctly (or at all), check that you have imported all skins with correct paths (they are told on the website, where you loaded the model).

Level 20
Whenever you import a model

1- Import it (Using the right Paths, and importing custom textures if needed)
2- Save the map
3- Add/Use the model in your unit/doodad/effect, etc.

No need to restart the editor this way.

EDIT: Added Adiktuz Note.

Last edited:
Level 1
SO your peoblem is that that message comes and your units shows as purple cubes right?

thats notmal you need to save the map and restart the world editor to see the custom models in the editor, but just use the test map function and you can see them in game anyway

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.