• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported Sounds don't working in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
I seem to have a bit of a problem and I couldn't find a thread like this anywhere on Hive. Yes I used the Search feature, and I still couldn't find anything.

I have a sound editing program that allows you to do some advanced editing to music: reverb, flangers, pitch/time changers, chorus, and so on. For my map, I was downloading some sounds to be used as unit sounds, because I thought the sounds I downloaded (from games that I bought legally mind you) would fit my map better than stock Warcraft unit sounds.

Anyway, what I tried to do was I would load one of the sounds I downloaded and then add some effects like reverb and flangers to give it the sound of a radio communication. However, once I tried to replace the standard unit sounds with these changed sounds, nothing happened. I did everything required to replace unit sounds and nothing; the sounds didn't play at all.

What is even weirder is that if I tried replacing the unit sounds with the original downloaded sounds, it works perfectly. I have no idea what is causing this problem. Also, the new sounds play perfectly while I'm in the editor, but when the game starts, they don't use the sounds.

Even if I slightly change the volume of the downloaded sounds by the smallest percent and then load it into the WE it works fine until the game starts and then the units go mute. Perhaps it's some kind of encryption software that is placed on the new sound once it is saved that damages it, but then it wouldn't work in the WE, not just in-game Warcraft.

All I ask is that you provide an explanation of what might be happening that is causing the sounds to act up the way they are. This problem isn’t life threatening to my map or anything like that, but it would definitely be a bonus if it worked.

EDIT: To anybody who needs to know the sound editing system, it is Audio Editor Gold. I don't know if that will help you make a suggestion about my problem, but you never know.

Orc

Orc

Level 4
Did you ever fix it, or were you like me and said "Ahh screw it"?

(To any 5-year-olds out there, don't tell mommy I said a bad word :xxd:.)

Orc

Orc

Level 4
Sorry, I'm not on the ball today :wink:. I wrote before I read.

EDIT to prevent double post: I tried your method and it works. I thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.