• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys.

Since a while I'm bothered with the way of working.
We are doing things so strict and so perfect that it is taking the essence away of this project.

The massive amount of idea's and comments may look nice however the map doesn't even has its roots to build on with that. And like someone, somewhat said before: you can't build an house before preparing the ground to build on.

To make things clear: I will only take the basic ideas out and leave the perfections and advanced idea's out.
I will update the information post soon so you may see what will be implanted first.
For the future, we'll see. We can not possibly add so many functions in one map before having a decent alpha or beta version. I recommend people who support us with idea's to only post when they see its necessary and keep the massive ideas down for now.

The same fact goes for the hero submission thread and the item thread. Thinkers want to have heroes being too perfect. Some people want to "perfect" things and I disapprove that.
The map was meant to give members of the hive a chance creating their own hero, not receiving thousand lines of comments on what they did wrong. Combination or not, the game will point it out in a later stage if the hero is accepted.

I'm a person who doesn't calculate things out for the future. Everything comes when it needs to come and I will simply stick to it.
I didn't even saw a sign of fun which I really want to have. Its the key for finishing a project or whatever you want to achieve.

I am sorry if I did hurt someone's feeling, it wasn't my intention to do.
I just want to make my point clear about this project. I really want to finish it and things like that are keeping me away from achieving my goal.

The massive amount of idea's and comments may look nice however the map doesn't even has its roots to build on with that. And like someone, somewhat said before: you can't build an house before preparing the ground to build on.
I don't know about the other areas, but as far as I am concerned, you have your coding bases to build your house. Anachron, I and Viikuna took a great amount of time searching, selecting (and in the case of Anachron, making) the best resources for the best project. You have your bases, we are now searching ideas to use them.
I'm a person who doesn't calculate things out for the future. Everything comes when it needs to come and I will simply stick to it.
If you embrace GUI now you will be dooming your project to obsolete code. I already told you this, and I already gave you examples. Viikuna will most likely agree with me.
The decision is yours, but you must know that every decision has a consequence and that you will be held responsible for them in the future.
I really want to finish it and things like that are keeping me away from achieving my goal.
I can only disagree with this statement.

Anyway, I told you I would support you so tell me, where do you want to start?
What's next?

Endless discussion is pointless and should be taken elsewhere, a to target your response about disagreeing, to many ideas compiled into one place, and sent can make mapping very difficult, you try to change the map to the way people say, and you go completely off the charts from what you had meant to do.

If you try to look at everyones ideas, you will like most of them, and try to put it into the map, thus causing the map to be badly made with a lot of random, un-needed systems and spells in it.

I do not mean to sound crude about this, but it must be said, and it does not only go for this project, it goes for many others as well.

If you try to look at everyones ideas, you will like most of them, and try to put it into the map, thus causing the map to be badly made with a lot of random, un-needed systems and spells in it.
You simply make no idea of my work, you make no idea of my opinions and still you think you can judge me.

Xarwin knows what I think, and what I think always has a reason. Always.

If you pay attention to the hero concept thread you will see that I don't agree with most ideas, because I find them random and badly made. So I help people making their ideas better.
As for the systems, I (and Viikuna and Anachron) choose to use those systems because the project will require them. Of course, you can always make a shitty project with crappy code, but that's not what I think Xarwin wants. Every system Anachron uses in his rules has a defined purpose on the project, it is not random. If you want the explanation for "why to use vJass and why to use those systems" I will gladdy give it to you, but please, stop making judgements based on your ignorance.

You have no right in saying I am ignorant, ask anyone on hive that knows me, that statement is far from true.

Just because you help make ideas better does not make you any better then anyone, it just shows you like things your way.

And I have Just as much right as anyone to judge, because of the way you act.

GUI systems work well enough to make a map good, if you know how, you do not have to make the system into JASS.

And Xarwin I am sorry for going off topic here.

Level 19
In the end only a few people support my point of view and agree.
Apparently there are users which don't so I will take even more drastic measures by closing topics until we need more idea's and stuff.
It supposed to be fun like I said many times before.
This is ending in insulting each other and overtaking with own ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.