• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Import AI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, I'm doing a campaign and I need 3 AI, so I created the 3 in 'AI Editor'. But when I select the campaign map this message appears:

"This is not a Melee map. The Test AI feature only works with Melee maps.
For custom maps, it is recommended to import the AI direcrly into the map using the Import Manager, ans then use the Test Map command."

So what do I do? Import an AI? if yes, from where do I import an AI?

It may be a dumb question, but it's because I'm NOOB in World Editor ...

Level 30
I could not help you any further on how to do the trigger but here is a basic explanation. The AI Editor as far as I know works only in Melee maps as what your problem stated so your best solution is to make many triggers that makes up your AI like commanding a computer to move, attack enemies, run when life is low and such. Most likely, custom AIs are not being imported but same as with triggers, you make them so that is the basic reason I cannot tell a specific trigger to you because it is you who will decide what you will want your AI to perform.

Seeing that you are making a campaign, it should work! Try what neo suggested and please do have a look here also: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/ai-editor-162687/

Making a custom AI script takes alot of work and you should be great at working triggers and stuffs.

Level 6
Heres what you gonna do...

Open the AI Editor...

Create an AI..

Save it....

Then import it to one of your maps in the campaign...

With this file path...war3mapImported\Just_another_Warcraft_III_AI (your AI filename).wai

Then in the trigger you will use the action

AI - Start Melee AI Script (which player) : filepath of the AI file in your Imports

Done..!..

Level 11
Heres what you gonna do...

Open the AI Editor...

Create an AI..

Save it....

Then import it to one of your maps in the campaign...

With this file path...war3mapImported\Just_another_Warcraft_III_AI (your AI filename).wai

Then in the trigger you will use the action

AI - Start Melee AI Script (which player) : filepath of the AI file in your Imports

Done..!..

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.