• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Impatient people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Don;t you just hate those peole who call for you to go when there like three people out of 12 ready to play?

And then whats worse they flood the chatbox with :
gogogogog
gogogogog
og
ggogogogog
ogg
ogg
ogogogogogog

stopping you from being able to explain the game to new players.

I hesitate to kick them (even though i really want to) because i know that others will see them go and drop out themsleves. It can drain a map of players in about 5 minutes.

Or the people who threaten to ban you for having to download even though there are several different versions of maps flying around with the same title.

Most games that are populated by patient people start faster than games with idiots calling for you to go every five seconds. :evil:

8) anyway i feel better now having got all that off my chest. Congrats if you read all of that.

Level 7
i also only spam when countdown is started
but when a guy spams i ask him to shut up and if he shuts up i kick him :d:d:d but i hate the most hosts that think they are god and tell you what to do just because they can kick you. hate that!

Level 4
I don't mind people trying to get the last word in. Its just annoying when you are trying to read something a friend said and you have to contuiosly scroll up to find it.

Level 14
As anyone here who has played a game with me can attest, I abhour spammers and boot them if they do not follow my warning. On occasion people begin to spam after the game begins and, if possible, I boot them inside of the game. This is actually one of the things I usually do to most games I edit is I give the "host slot" the ability to kick players out IG.

Level 12
Trigger event: Player (host colour) types chat message (exact message) (what you want them to say)
Condition: Player (to be booted) is playing equals true
Action: Deafeat player (booted player)

And just do that for every colour in your map

Level 3
Whats even worse for me is when people shout. BOOM! at 1.
I like to say WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at 4ish. I dont mind the Ggogogogogogogog unless someone is still downloading.

Level 9
i agree with the download thing.
say is there a trigger that you can put in your map that as soon as a particular player enters the map. (lets say me for example)
a specific event occurs.
that otherwise wouldent happen.

Level 11
its an interesting idea. An external text file on youre pc full of names that have made trouble, then accessed by the map to see if any of the current player names match then penalising them in some manner. Although im not sure wc3 can read data from external sources. So an idea like that would require you to update the map every time you get a new enemy.

Not worth it really :)

Level 21
he hacked into wh40k without asking and changed the map, its pretty much copyright fraud and its probably illegal. it would have been much nicer if he had asked first, also the fact he hasnt shown his face(computer face:p) here is a sign of weakness and cowardness.

Level 12
GST_Nemisis";p="3247 said:
He hacked into wh40k without asking and changed the map, its pretty much copyright fraud and its probably illegal. it would have been much nicer if he had asked first, also the fact he hasnt shown his face(computer face:p) here is a sign of weakness and cowardness.

Ras has not, and cannot copyright his map. Therefore Blood broke no laws, international agreements, or regulations. Even is Ras could somehow copyright his map Blood would still be within the boundries of the law as he is not making a profit of it and is not himself using any of the names to increase his treasury.

Level 12
They really are not all that difficult to understand, the difficult part is enforcing them. Also it is a little tricky in some MMORPGS as sometimes having a copyrighted name is against their rules, and sometimes not. Either way most people do it and there have been very few games that actually enforce the rules on names. I find that rather annoying, I think if something is a rule and it is broken there should be a punishment for it, otherwise it should not be a rule.

Level 11
No i agree about the simplicity,
Its just the rather odd rule that says its only plaguerism if they make money off it.

Besides which even if ralle did put that C logo on the map it only applies to EU copyright law, since other countries require some kind of application.

I studied copyright law a lot last year when i was trying to copyright one of my programs :)

Level 12
Copyright in the EU is honoured to most other first world countries due to the many different international trade agreements.

Level 7
Malufa";p="3443 said:
They really are not all that difficult to understand, the difficult part is enforcing them. Also it is a little tricky in some MMORPGS as sometimes having a copyrighted name is against their rules, and sometimes not. Either way most people do it and there have been very few games that actually enforce the rules on names. I find that rather annoying, I think if something is a rule and it is broken there should be a punishment for it, otherwise it should not be a rule.
yeah thats what happened with city of heroes. the commic book makers said that the players could make theyre comic heroes. but i think thats abslutly rediculous. they should be happy that someone still wants to make one of that lame heroes.

Level 3
Yes i h8 it 2.. but since i cannot host i cannot kick.. so i usaly say things like

we heared you
we aren't deaf
WTF you got ADHD?

It doesnt realy helps
:(

Level 12
Please do not use net speak, at best I will ignore anything you have to say the moment I notice you writing in it.

Level 21
yeh do you even know what ADHD stands for?!?! i will have you know ADHD can be very distressing for parents. funny story (although when you tell it back they never seem quite as funny) when i was younger i had terrible handwriting, and i mean unreadable. this consited untill around the age of 10, but before that my parents thought i might have had dyslexia(phonetic) which is a mental disability very similar to ADHD. The problem was they could never tell because i hadnt been tested, that year i left my primary school and upon leaving i did an exam called an 11+. i scored so well in that exam my parents couldnt belive it! my handwriting improved much that year and now im totaly fine. the onl trace of dyslexia in me is the apperent lack of gramma and punctuation, but they are obsticals easily overcome; if i can be bothered :p

the point is dont take any desease for granted because it might come back and bite you in the ass. especially if u look after rabid dogs and one bites u in the ass :lol:

Level 12
Dude, ADHD and Dyslexia are not basically the same. Reading things backards and having Attention Deficet Hyperactive Disability are not really made fromt he same bread. They may both involve the mind, but so so do most other things in general. One is related to your neuropathways, the other has no real cause for it (but there are a lot of theories and even more hypothesis).

Level 12
DYSLEXIA: (dyslexic). Margaret Livingstone, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School and the Dyslexia Research Laboratory, Beth Israel Hospital in Boston defined dyslexia as follows: "Developmental dyslexia is the selective impairment of reading skills despite normal intelligence, sensory acuity, and instruction. Several perceptual studies have suggested that dyslexic subjects process visual information more slowly than normal subjects. Visual abnormalities were reported to be found in more than 75% of the reading-disabled children tested." Therefore, it is important to rule out problems with sensory acuity (including visual acuity and visual processing) before labelling an individual as truly dyslexic. See Learning Disabilities: Dyslexia

Vision, Learning and Dyslexia
A joint organizational policy statement of the American Academy of Optometry and the American Optometric Association

Many children and adults continue to struggle with learning in the classroom and the workplace. Advances in information technology, its expanding necessity, and its accessibility are placing greater demands on people for efficient learning and information processing.1,2

Learning is accomplished through complex and interrelated processes, one of which is vision. Determining the relationships between vision and learning involves more than evaluating eye health and visual acuity (clarity of sight). Problems in identifying and treating people with learning-related vision problems arise when such a limited definition of vision is employed.3

This policy statement addresses these issues, which are important to individuals who have learning-related vision problems (such as dyslexia), their families, their teachers, the educational system and society.

Policy Statement

People at risk for learning-related vision problems should receive a comprehensive optometric evaluation. This evaluation should be conducted as part of a multidisciplinary approach in which all appropriate areas of function are evaluated and managed.4

The role of the optometrist when evaluating people for learning-related vision problems (e.g., dyslexia) is to conduct a thorough assessment of eye health and visual functions and communicate the results and recommendations.5 The management plan may include treatment, guidance and appropriate referral.

The expected outcome of optometric intervention is an improvement in visual function with the alleviation of associated signs and symptoms. Optometric intervention for people with learning-related vision problems consists of lenses, prisms, and vision therapy. Vision therapy does not directly treat learning disabilities or dyslexia.6,7 Vision therapy is a treatment to improve visual efficiency and visual processing, thereby allowing the person to be more responsive to educational instruction.4,8 It does not preclude any other form of treatment and should be a part of a multidisciplinary approach to learning disabilities.6,7

Pertinent Issues

Vision is a fundamental factor in the learning process. The three interrelated areas of visual function are:

Visual pathway integrity including eye health, visual acuity and refractive status;

Visual efficiency including accommodation (focusing), binocular vision (eye teaming) and eye movements;

Visual information processing including identification and discrimination, spatial awareness, and integration with other senses.

To identify learning-related vision problems, each of these interrelated areas must be fully evaluated.

Educational, neuropsychological and medical research has suggested distinct subtypes of learning difficulties.9,10 Current research indicates that some people with reading difficulties (such as difficulties related to possible dyslexia) have co-existing visual and language processing deficits.11 For this reason, no single treatment, profession or discipline can be expected to adequately address all of their needs.

Unresolved visual deficits can impair the ability to respond fully to educational instruction.12,13 Management may require optical correction, vision therapy or a combination of both. Vision therapy, the art and science of developing and enhancing visual abilities and remediating vision dysfunctions, has a firm foundation in vision science, and both its application and efficacy have been established in the scientific literature.14-17 Some sources have erroneously associated optometric vision therapy with controversial and unfounded therapies, and equate eye defects with visual dysfunctions.18-21

The eyes, visual pathways and brain comprise the visual system. Therefore, to understand the complexities of visual function, one must look at the total visual system. Recent research has demonstrated that some people with reading disabilities have deficits in the transmission of information to the brain through a defective visual pathway.22,25 This creates confusion and disrupts the normal visual timing functions in reading.

Visual defects, such as a restriction in the visual field, can have a substantial impact on reading performance.26 Eye strain and double vision resulting from convergence insufficiency can be a significant handicap to learning.27 There are more subtle visual defects that influence learning affecting different people to different degrees. Vision is a multifaceted process and its relationships to reading and learning are complex.28,29 Each area of visual function must be considered in the evaluation of people who are experiencing reading or other learning problems. Likewise, treatment programs for learning-related vision problems must be designed individually to meet each person's unique needs.

Summary

Vision problems can and often do interfere with learning.

People at risk for learning-related vision problems should be evaluated by an optometrist who provides diagnostic and management services in this area.

The goal of optometric intervention is to improve visual function and alleviate associated signs and symptoms.

Prompt remediation of learning-related vision problems enhances the ability of children and adults to perform to their full potential.

People with learning problems (i.e., dyslexia) require help from many disciplines to meet the learning challenges they face. Optometric involvement constitutes one aspect of the multidisciplinary management approach required to prepare the individual for lifelong learning.

This Policy Statement was formulated by a Task Force representing the College of Optometrists in Vision Development, the American Optometric Association, and the American Academy of Optometry.

Level 3
GST_Nemisis";p="3687 said:
yeh do you even know what ADHD stands for?!?! i will have you know ADHD can be very distressing for parents. funny story (although when you tell it back they never seem quite as funny) when i was younger i had terrible handwriting, and i mean unreadable. this consited untill around the age of 10, but before that my parents thought i might have had dyslexia(phonetic) which is a mental disability very similar to ADHD. The problem was they could never tell because i hadnt been tested, that year i left my primary school and upon leaving i did an exam called an 11+. i scored so well in that exam my parents couldnt belive it! my handwriting improved much that year and now im totaly fine. the onl trace of dyslexia in me is the apperent lack of gramma and punctuation, but they are obsticals easily overcome; if i can be bothered :p

the point is dont take any desease for granted because it might come back and bite you in the ass. especially if u look after rabid dogs and one bites u in the ass :lol:

ive heared it once. but i don't know it any more. i know that if you got ADHD you need attantion or something.. :S

Level 12
Yeah, I did not realize how bad Indigo was until just now. Soja, you apparently do not read, do you? I told you what it means.

Level 3
heh.. to many words.. but i know what it means some1 in mine clas has given a speech about it so i do know..

Level 3
I have ADHD

and to tell the truth it isnt that bad.
It was at firt ages 6-13, but now Im fine.
But yes the cool part is that if you can concentrate, you do well. I took a test too, but this one was an IQ test. I got a very good score. Not to say that IQ will get you anywhere in life. These days it take ditemination and modivation. THOES are the most important factors in leading sucsessful lives.

Level 21
alright i dont care what the stupid thing says, the point is my doctors thought i had it, people who i know have it and my parent thought it had, and with all that i had bad spelling, handwriting and gramma. perhaps because it due to a difficulty of reading that the people i know have im not sure. also when i was supposed to have i was very young, back then i wasnt really interested in this sorta stuff so i never took any notice. if you were to ask me about cancer for example i could give you alot of 100% accurate information.

Level 4
The_Taxidermist";p="2381 said:
Don;t you just hate those peole who call for you to go when there like three people out of 12 ready to play?

... 8) anyway i feel better now having got all that off my chest. Congrats if you read all of that.

Yeah those people suck.

Level 21
Malufa";p="3804 said:
So what causes it then Mr. 100% accuracy? :wink:

many different things. first you have to understand what cancer is. basically put it is when cells mutate and damage the sorrounding tissue because it grows faster than normal tissue. it is caused by numerous different things, food is a largely contributing factor. this is because people eat alot of fatty foods, too much animal protein, iron, vitaim A, sugars, caffine, alcohol, drugs and toxic fish. all these can poison the cells lading to abnormal growth and tumors. also too much ecosanoids (which is a hormone group) can be produced which is very potent. infact there are alot of homones that are currently being proven to cause cancer, for example eostrgen tablets have been condemed by some doctors because they are being proven to cause cancer. subcances that cause cancer are called carsonagenics (phonetic); there are many substances including radiation, chemicals for example tobbaco or sadan1, and viruses. the main probelm with cancer is how it spreads, normal cells proliferate(grow) in culture until they reach a certain cell density, at which point they stop growing. Tumor cells continue to proliferate no matter what the density which means it spread....FAST. the other thing that can cause cancer is time, cells can naturally mutate when they devide which can lead to cancer; and with the average life span increasing this form of cancer is becoming more common.

Level 12
That is a symptom, not the cause. You forgot to mention how the body neglects to kill the cancer cells as it does not "view" them as a threat. You also only spoke of malignant cancer and not beniegn cancer or passive tumours. The truth is we do not know what causes it everytime, but we have a lot of correlation data that is helpful, but none of them work everytime. Since this is a sickness and we are dealing with living being and not theoretical constructs this does not come to much of a surprise to anyone who knows even a little about biochemistry or medicine as we are all surrounded by a large amount of things that should in all rights kill us but somehow we live on.

Level 3
malufa you dont have 2 b so pessimistic and can u plz stop using green font its giving me a headache
also i am sure this forum is not about cancer research
and people i know with dyslexia dont read backwards, infact most of them are extremely capable readers and have only got a slight handwriting problem

Level 21
YES!!! that is soooo true!!! that is what i was told when i was supposed to have it!

also he like the fancy writing, i very much doubt he is gunna change it :p ive had a go at him quite a few times about the various colours he uses and ive settled for this one because it seems the least annoing yet. not that he would change it just for me any ways :wink:

Level 12
If it is annoying you I suggest you highlight it. No, the forum is not about cancer research, but the discussion used it as an example, so deal with it.
Pessimistic? I am an optimist, in case you had not noticed. How you got a pessimist from me saying it is amazing and good we are able to live when surrounded by so many lethal pathagens all of the time, I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.