1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Why do people do this?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Peter Canvis, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Peter Canvis

Peter Canvis

Resources:
    Resources:
    So lately I've done some 4-4 matches on Bnet so I can get better at human, but EVERY single time I go on a 4-4, someone, if not everyone, leaves the match, leaving teams fully disbalanced, like 1-4, 2-1 :slp:

Why do people even do idiotic actions like that? It doesn't seem that much fun to me, those people fail :angry:

On the other hand, I can't even find decent 2-2 these days, the ally leaves, leaving me alone against 2 players, on a race I don't even play good. :bored:

I don't get it. Why must they do such imature things? Can't they just enjoy the game? Is it THAT fun to ruin someone's match? :thumbs_down:

2. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is kind of sad. But there's nothing we can do about it. It sucks.

3. Peter Canvis

Peter Canvis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ruining people's matches must be fun for them, but it just makes me sad. I keep seeing decent matches out there ruined by idiots.

4. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Erm... Because they suck at Melee?

5. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To be honest people who insult everyone that does something useful on this site, deserve to have every game of theirs ruined, as for the other people, it's a sad thing.

6. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's random team. Dont play 4v4 or 3v3. WAY too many leavers/afkers

7. Peter Canvis

Peter Canvis

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the truth. They just suck at melee that hard they'd rather ruin other people's matches. I love 4-4 and 3-3, and seeing so many leavers/afk-ers :cry:

8. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well, never seen that in my country's server :D, accept for kids like 9 years old and below playing :D :D.

9. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some people leave because of disconnections or lag. Others leave because they have nothing better to do and like to ruin other peoples experiences.

10. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    actually a lot of people leave to get on a loss streak so that they get into lower ranked games. apart from that, i never had this problem very much when i played melee

11. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    its a way to abuse the match making system

but tbh who really cares about 4on4 anyone is capable of training 10 wyrms and autoattacking with them

12. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some people leave because they think their allies suck; happened to me a few times. I've been going for a strategy a friend taught me(apparently not a 'pro' strategy) and my ally was all like "ALLY NUB. BB" and quit.

Asides from that I really do suck at melee.

13. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    A lot of players use it to smurf their account (get a lot of losses so that they get matched up with bad players and can just laugh at them) and to balance out their stats.

For example, Darkness.RT on Azeroth was ranked #1 in FFA/RT for like a year and he constantly had to leave games because he couldn't find a matchup (once you get to a certain point, it'll only matchup you up with people that it deems are your skill and that means 4+ hour wait times for 7 other players at your skill level to want to matchup)

14. noxwinslol

noxwinslol

Resources:
    Resources:
    probably because those people thought beforehand that melee MIGHT be somewhat fun, but once they are actually playing it they realise, fuck this slow paced boring shit.

15. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    the match making system fails so that;s why many people are converting to garena

I like melee :D (but because of reflex, I zerg rush with ghouls instantly)

16. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    More people play on Garena becuase BNet is filled with hackers than because they don't like the matchmaking system...

17. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There's several reasons for it, i'll explain some of them.

First: The player gets a DC/Crash.
    Second: The player needs to go for some unknown reason.
    Third: The player gets scared and runs away.
    Fourth: The player just trolled you and forced you to create a stupid thread like this.

You got the point.

18. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    actually, it's called drop botting to crash your ELO...

19. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    failure of matches has tons of explanations during in the game and I'll rate them as neutral failures, like these for examples:

Beginner's Fail-since they can't coup with Pros and Legends(even Beginners as such), they quit several missions for them to have a chance to win the game

Serious Whelps-these dudes and doodads are too impatient and rude when they fail or loose while in the game, instead of accepting there failure, they intend to quit the game and find another one for them to get a chance to win (same example from the Beginner's fail)

Blame the Internet!-these people had a hard time using the internet because they connection's getting disturbed, extreme lag, or resulting of low speed in the internet they use

Passing the Time- they know the game, there good, not bad but! they use it just to pass there time without excusing the players that will be involved with the unbalanced match, for example a guy played a 4v4 match only to wait for his lunch to appear, when the time has come, he quits and head on to his meal(just an example)

I have experience all of it for over 6 years from now, and still going on forever

20. Cryder

Cryder

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. They gtg
    2. Someone else left, so they might as well
    3. They think one of their team mates are noobs and just leaves
    4. They are trolls
    5. Their dog/cat/cookie is on fire
    6. They are about to lose so they leave
    7. They see your/the enemys huge army, leave
    8. Ragequit
    9. They want to play a custom match
    10. They want to play with friends

Thats ten reasons for someone to leave a match not finished.
    (I didn't say they are ten GOOD reasons ;P)