• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do people do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So lately I've done some 4-4 matches on Bnet so I can get better at human, but EVERY single time I go on a 4-4, someone, if not everyone, leaves the match, leaving teams fully disbalanced, like 1-4, 2-1 :slp:

Why do people even do idiotic actions like that? It doesn't seem that much fun to me, those people fail :angry:

On the other hand, I can't even find decent 2-2 these days, the ally leaves, leaving me alone against 2 players, on a race I don't even play good. :bored:

I don't get it. Why must they do such imature things? Can't they just enjoy the game? Is it THAT fun to ruin someone's match? :thumbs_down:

Level 6
Ruining people's matches must be fun for them, but it just makes me sad. I keep seeing decent matches out there ruined by idiots.

Some people leave because of disconnections or lag. Others leave because they have nothing better to do and like to ruin other peoples experiences.

Level 15
A lot of players use it to smurf their account (get a lot of losses so that they get matched up with bad players and can just laugh at them) and to balance out their stats.

For example, Darkness.RT on Azeroth was ranked #1 in FFA/RT for like a year and he constantly had to leave games because he couldn't find a matchup (once you get to a certain point, it'll only matchup you up with people that it deems are your skill and that means 4+ hour wait times for 7 other players at your skill level to want to matchup)

Level 4
probably because those people thought beforehand that melee MIGHT be somewhat fun, but once they are actually playing it they realise, fuck this slow paced boring shit.

Level 15
There's several reasons for it, i'll explain some of them.

First: The player gets a DC/Crash.
Second: The player needs to go for some unknown reason.
Third: The player gets scared and runs away.
Fourth: The player just trolled you and forced you to create a stupid thread like this.

You got the point.

actually, it's called drop botting to crash your ELO...

Level 30
failure of matches has tons of explanations during in the game and I'll rate them as neutral failures, like these for examples:

Beginner's Fail-since they can't coup with Pros and Legends(even Beginners as such), they quit several missions for them to have a chance to win the game

Serious Whelps-these dudes and doodads are too impatient and rude when they fail or loose while in the game, instead of accepting there failure, they intend to quit the game and find another one for them to get a chance to win (same example from the Beginner's fail)

Blame the Internet!-these people had a hard time using the internet because they connection's getting disturbed, extreme lag, or resulting of low speed in the internet they use

Passing the Time- they know the game, there good, not bad but! they use it just to pass there time without excusing the players that will be involved with the unbalanced match, for example a guy played a 4v4 match only to wait for his lunch to appear, when the time has come, he quits and head on to his meal(just an example)

I have experience all of it for over 6 years from now, and still going on forever

Level 3
1. They gtg
2. Someone else left, so they might as well
3. They think one of their team mates are noobs and just leaves
4. They are trolls
5. Their dog/cat/cookie is on fire
6. They are about to lose so they leave
7. They see your/the enemys huge army, leave
8. Ragequit
9. They want to play a custom match
10. They want to play with friends

Thats ten reasons for someone to leave a match not finished.
(I didn't say they are ten GOOD reasons ;P)

Level 30
1. They gtg
2. Someone else left, so they might as well
3. They think one of their team mates are noobs and just leaves
4. They are trolls
5. Their dog/cat/cookie is on fire
6. They are about to lose so they leave
7. They see your/the enemys huge army, leave
8. Ragequit
9. They want to play a custom match
10. They want to play with friends

Thats ten reasons for someone to leave a match not finished.
(I didn't say they are ten GOOD reasons ;P)

seconded, although there are more than thousands of reasons why people do such annoying things with a good game.

Level 16
i just experienced Drop Hacks pretty recently,
lol,

i was playing with like 2 of my friend, after we are winning pretty badly, one of the suddenly leaves, about 60 sec after a hero kill (on AOS maps) xD,

and also one of my friend just bought gem of truesight to get the invisible enemy (planning to kill riki from dota xD), suddenly he left, o.o, pretty unatural.

since my friends never leave whatever the situation is.

but i can see that drophack is used a lot, i would never know it those are not my friends xD

Level 15
i just experienced Drop Hacks pretty recently,
lol,

i was playing with like 2 of my friend, after we are winning pretty badly, one of the suddenly leaves, about 60 sec after a hero kill (on AOS maps) xD,

and also one of my friend just bought gem of truesight to get the invisible enemy (planning to kill riki from dota xD), suddenly he left, o.o, pretty unatural.

since my friends never leave whatever the situation is.

but i can see that drophack is used a lot, i would never know it those are not my friends xD
drop hack drops everyone in the game...so get a better connection LOL

Level 9
The Drop hack reminds me of a person on my server who used to drophack himself when he g2g or didn't want to stay
once he was Referee in game, he Paused the game and drop hacked himself out was really frustrating that we couldn't start the game -_-

Bnet never got me interested I've spent my whole time on pvpgns/garena

Level 2
So lately I've done some 4-4 matches on Bnet so I can get better at human, but EVERY single time I go on a 4-4, someone, if not everyone, leaves the match, leaving teams fully disbalanced, like 1-4, 2-1 :slp:

Why do people even do idiotic actions like that? It doesn't seem that much fun to me, those people fail :angry:

On the other hand, I can't even find decent 2-2 these days, the ally leaves, leaving me alone against 2 players, on a race I don't even play good. :bored:

I don't get it. Why must they do such imature things? Can't they just enjoy the game? Is it THAT fun to ruin someone's match? :thumbs_down:
> not EVEN play the race good
> other ppl leaves
are they calling you "noob!!!! i cant play with you we are totally going to lose" too ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are also some more ligit reasons.
They might be using a hack and get banned like a old map hack. The process of getting banned probably instantly throws them out of melee and contest games.
They might have been forcably disconnected by someone else hacking. Not all exploits are publically known or done ittentially. Common ones used to be between windows and mac users where some abilities were able to cause disconnects.
They might just crash. A lot of people have left games unnitentially when windows decides your computer needs to restart and update or when you get a fatal error for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.