• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immunity Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[Solved]
Hello, everyone. I need help with immune thing... The problem is the following: I want certain units to be immune to like frost, fire, shadow, etc. But I don't know exactly how to do that... I've looked in the Ability Section for Immune abilities but nothing... :cry: All I see is abilities that makes the unit immune to all spells and I don't want that... If this can't be solved, being immune to choosen abilities would work aswell... If anyone cares to solve this problem I thank you. :wink:

-------------- EDITED ---------------

It's working mates, thank's very much for your help!

Last edited:
Level 19
for attacks you could modify the gameplay constants (advanced -> gameplay constants) and change armor types
for spells you have a few but very hard ways to do it
1. trigger ALL spells and check the target units armor type (best save them somewhere at map ini) and change the damage depending on that
2. or use a damage detection system and save all armor and attack types if a unit does have only 1 type of dmg

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Heh, Editor doesn't support those damage types (fire, frost... ect). However it doens't mean that u cant refer to those types.
Just add to unit that causing damage ability '+1 armor from item, change bonus to 0 and call it 'Your Attack Type'.

Now create a condition about damage source:
Level of ability ('Your Attack Type') for Damage source greaten than 0

Actions.....( and here you add actions)

There is also other way. Use point values. E.g: point value for unit 1 = fire dmg, point value for unit 2 = shadow dmg ect.

And when damage trigger comes again in condition refer to point values. Depending on what number given unit (damage source) has (if it has it ofc) equivalent actions will come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.