• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immortal Essence HUGE project ( Reliable testers needed )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys!

First of all changing the title: I would like to create a team because I have realized it is NOT only testers needed I need a lot of help from: People who know JAZZ, graphical artist for loading screen and also the testers I have mentioned. In fact I would like to create a TEAM for this project to make it really good.

I would like to ask for help for my upcoming project: Immortal Essence

I was developing this myself but it grew so big that it will get out of my hands if im going on alone.

I would like to tell you what is it about.

Immortal Essence is a DoTA like Player versus Player map with a goal to destroy the enemy Relic. There are two sides: Alliance Expedition and the Scourge Forces battleing for centuries. Now in an epic battle they are trying to find a powerful relic to use against their ancient enemies.

The MAP:

There are two bases, Scourge north, Alliance, south. Both Relics are protected by magical gates. Whoever passes through from the enemy suffers 5000 damage unless the protecting buildings: Shrines/Power Generators are destroyed. Each base has its own base keeper units helping the defense.

THE HERO Roles:

There are 3 Roles each side:

Warlord:
His/Her duty is to control the middle area of the map pushing the front towards the enemy base. ( Ofc they can change lanes whenever they want ) Warlords are also able to enter the Arenas challanging Demonlords for powerful itemrewards and to complete a quest that gives an item meant to upgrade the champion.

Champions:

Both sides have 1-1 champions that can bring out with some conditions. Abomon the Hungerer is a special unit waiting in his champer for prey to kill and eat. Each time The Scourge kills an enemy unit a zombie will spawn in Abomons Lair that he eats. After 150 zombie kill Abomon is ready for battle. The Alliance has to pay for special NPC-s to make Granitos live.

Completing the Arena Quest will give an item that upgrades the champion to a second level or ressurresct it if its fallen before completing the arena quest.

Lane Keepers:

Lane keepers are starting on the sides. There are 2-2 Base Camps spwaning units that attack the enemy. Those Base Camps are conquerable with killing the Base Keepers/Guardians. If it happens the base Camps will attack the enemy base's backdoor! They are reconquerable any time.

Strategist. Non Close combat Heroes. They are operating from a Strategy Room with long distance spells. They have normal spells and Battle Spells. The Battle Spells can be actived by using ( attacking ) the Book of the Highlord near the Hero. The Spell level can be increased by spending the periodicly gained spellpoint on research. As the Spell Level gets higher the spells are getting more powerful aswell.
The Strategist also can order creeps to attack the enemy base on a new lane. Those creeps will spwan from a cave and will attack the first gate directly. If the enemy players destroy the support columns standing close to the caves where the creeps are spwaning the creeps wont spawn anymore!

Special Events:

Victory Rush:
Units are dropping special kind of items. Dark Shards and Emblems of Valor. If the players gather 30 of them a special squad will join to the creeps from the main base.

Pit General:
There is a powerful BOSS patroling around. By default he is neutral towards anybody but he is attackable. If it happens he will teleport back to his Lair and will leave a portal when he was being attacked. The players can reach him by going through the portal. He drops very powerful items.

Treasure Keepers:
There are special units spwaning around the area. They drop special items for recipies and tokens for getting random poerful items.

Dragon Lords:
There is a Special Recipie the players can craft from the items they can get from the Treasure Keepers. Making the recipie will give you the Orb of the Dragon Soul. If the players use the item a dragon ally will join to the battle going on.

Arena Event:
Players can get a special quest for a special item that can upgrade your champion. After you got the quest you can teleport to the arena with stepping on the circle of power. There are 5 Demons overall, after you beat one you have to go back for challanging the next.

Upgrades:

There are 2 Strategy towers where you can research. You can add extra units to the spawning creep waves, you can upgrade your defensive/offensive units etc etc. ( You have to check them out to see )

SPECIAL UNITS:

You can hire special units from your Relic. There is a healer/dps and a builder
type unit. The builders can build towers for strengthening your bases!

Items:

There are special recipies like in DoTA, nothing else to say about it, the only thing is there arent much since im doing all these alone and it is ALOT of work so be patient please!

I do not want to spoil all the things but there is another tihng i would like to write:

GAME MODES:

Apart from the normal game mode there is a mode called: SURVIVOR MODE!
This mode the Demons are trying to retake the land choosen by the alliance and the scourge to fight on. They are attacking more and more often with more powerful waves till the Demon God spawns of his shards to destroy the enemy bases. Whoever kills a Shard of Kylgoron will gain a special item that you can use. Of it happens a demonic portal will open near the base and spawning allied demons attacking the enemy main base.

Demons also drop an item called amulet of Summoning. If a Hero uses the amulet, he /she will summon the enemy WARLORD to the dueling ground. Whoever wins the duel will get extra money and an extra DEFENSE TOWER in the main base. Only 1 amulet can drop at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this is the project in a nutshell and I would like to get reliable team members because I cannot develop it alone anymore. If you are interested please leave a note here and also say if you like the idea from what you read here.

Thank you very much for taking your time!

Keytal

The Warlord Hero selection ... with clicking on dialog buttons you can choose one from the Warlord type units. Small Cinematic shows your hero from a closer distance.

The Arena ... This is the first from the five Demonlords you can challenge for items and for completing a quest. They are getting more and more powerful as they are getting close to the Final Demon in the line. The Warlord hero can get into the arena by stepping on the Circle of Power in front of the quest NPC in the main base.

Alliance Base Guardian. This unit protects the Base Camps on the sides. If this unit falls the Base Camp will be conquered and produce creeps for the enemy!

Lane Keeper selection ...Moving the Soul Keeper into the circle of power will choose the particual hero for you.Right now there are 3-4 Lane Keeper type heroes, ofc I am going to implement more and more.

The Scourge Strategist. This is the hero that operates with far distance spells from the Strategy Room. This hero can never leave this room but can control champion type units.

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmm ... did I? If you mean posting one my own thread It was not my intentin to double post just add some screenshots and since i made the screenshots at the time when i was posting them it was like 1 CS >> post it. So thats it.

You did 7 post in a row when you could use the edit button I think

Level 4
Aye I got your point now, sorry for that I will edit the original post from now on If I want to add something. Thank you for warning me. Btw as a terrainer could you help to check the map if its okay for a player versus player map? Just want to be sure the enviroment is good enough.

Level 4
Do u still need testers, since i could help u with that :cute:

Ofc I need :) In fact I cannot go on with the map without a team. So if you would like to see what it is about just set a time and ill show you the map. Since its a 3v3 Map would be nice to have more but we can go on with the basic things and leave the balance and items to the end.

Level 4
So: I tested it out and heres the review: Fun map to play, refreshes the old concept of dota, got some really good concepts in it (I like the Strategist, A LOT :p) definately hosting this 1 when it comes out.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, I've done the multiboard, you'll have to use it in a separate copy of the map, since I'm not sure if it will work. Taking a few days off for the LAN, and please put the updated map into my email, I'll probably be able to get it during the LAN

Level 4
In order to evade any punishment for the mass-posting I recommend you copy and paste all of the text into your first post and delete all of the others.

Anyways, the trailer makes it look very promising. Kudos to you. Good luck with the project.

I hope now it is okay, I copied all the info to the original post. Sorry for any inconvinience.

Status
Not open for further replies.