• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Immolation damage based on attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've searched and I can't find anything related. I don't even know where should I start: I wanna make an Immolation spell that consumes mana to damage nearby units. The problem is: I wanna burn 1% of total mana per second to damage an area based on a hero's strenght.

Any tips? Should I use issue orders? Or spell events?

Level 3
This is simple spell and can be done with basic knowledge of how the World Editor is working. There are a lot of tutorials that can fully help you create the spell some of them even include test maps. Yet here are some tips:
When the casting unit cast the spell set it to caster (variable) then create another periodic trigger that will run every X seconds to do your actions. The actions are as follow. Set unitgroup (variable) unit around the caster (variable) within XXX range. Pick every unit in unitgroup (variable) and apply the damage that you need to be done. Set the mana of caster (variable) to his current mana -1% of his maximum mana (for how to calculate % of a number refer to the local school). The check if the caster (variable) have enough mana if not deactivate the spell and order the caster (variable) to deactivate immolation. Play around the editor and search the "Google" he is not bad person just you must not be afraid of learning basic knowledge. Have fun creating your spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.