• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] INT affecting ability damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In my map I am changing how the INT attribute works. Instead of adding mana and mana regeneration, all heroes will always have 100 mana and 5 mana regeneration. I want INT to add to spell damage and 1 mana regeneration per 50. So obviously I change the constant for mana regeneration to 0.02, and give all heroes 5 mana regeneration. But for spells I was wondering if there is an precedent map which does this.

If all my spells are fully triggered damage I think it is possible. Like the ranks of the spell have base damage, such as 100/150/200/250 base damage plus an amount based on INT.

So is there any map where this has been done before and if it isn't possible can someone explain why?

Level 7
I think "The Kingdom of Kaliron" (TKoK - Eastern Kingdom) has something like that.

Why should it not be possible? Just let the spells deal (<base dmg> + (<spelldmg-bonusfactor> * int)) dmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.