• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Immolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i was trying to create a spell that was based on the night elf hero spell immolation that doesnt do damage to nearby enemy troops but rather give it some abilitys that increase its damage and such and im having problems with a event (i dont even know if this is possible)

i tried
Event
-Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
(i have tried the other casting abilitys events)
Condition
-(Ability being cast) Equal to Frostmourne's Wrath
Action
-Unit - Add Frostmounre's Wrath Damage Increase to (Triggering unit)
-Unit - Set level of Frostmounre's Wrath Damage Increase for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frostmourne's Wrath for (Triggering unit))
-Unit - Add Frostmourne's Wrath Haste to (Triggering unit)
-Unit - Set level of Frostmourne's Wrath Haste for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frostmourne's Wrath for (Triggering unit))
-Unit - Add Frostmourne's Wrath Lifesteal to (Triggering unit)
-Unit - Set level of Frostmourne's Wrath Lifesteal for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frostmourne's Wrath for (Triggering unit))
-Unit - Set level of Frostmounre's Wrath Damage Increase for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frostmourne's Wrath for (Triggering unit))

like i said im not sure if it is even possible to do this if it is can you also help me with creating a trigger so that when you turn off the immolation spell (frostmourne's Wrath) the abilitys disappear

Plus Rep!!

Level 15
"-Unit - Set level of Frostmounre's Wrath Damage Increase for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Frostmourne's Wrath for (Triggering unit))"

This part is repeated delete it lol :D

*STARTING WE*
*DRINKING TEA*
*WE STARTED*
*OH YES THIS IS IT!*

Did you try this?

• Frostmournes Wrath Disable
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frostmourne's Wrath
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Frostmounre's Wrath Damage Increase from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Frostmourne's Wrath Haste from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Frostmourne's Wrath Lifesteal from (Triggering unit)

This is the point where you need to understand the difference between "Spell" and "Ability". Spell implies something magical, while Ability implies something physical and/or magical. Immolation is not a spell, it's an ability. Bash is also an ability, it's not a spell. To stun or shock a unit is not a result of magical energies, but the power you will hit it with.

Apparently, in some way, warcraft universe has embraced this variety of spell vs. ability. Immolation is detected like this:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Actions here --------
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Actions here --------
            • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.