• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

im so stuck please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0t

p0t

Level 2
What im trying to do

I have a map which has different heros. 1 hero has the roar spell unchanged. There is another hero that has a spell based off roar but it only effects himself. Of course when one hero roars it cancels the other roar(they dont stack). I need to find someway to give the 2nd hero a 100% dmg bonus for a limited time (just like roar) and have it stack with the other version of roar. Also im editing the map with the TFT editor but im saving it as a .w3m because the map is for RoC

What i tried

I tried Making it an aura but it cant be dispeled plus im having other issues with that. Tried using cripple with a negative value for the dmg, but negative values dont give the full % that a positive buff would. Cant use inner fire to get the % because inner fire is used in my map also. There doesnt seem to be another spell i could use for the positive dmg % bonus (non aura), at least not in the spells that work in RoC.

HELP!

Can I name a variables prefix to udg_ ansd use it somehow to stack buff of the same base? Can anybody link me to a good explanation of MUI? I can use windwalk or something as a base, then trigger it so when my unit begins the effect of windwalk it will make a dummy unit cast roar, but how can i make the buffs stack! I am desperate here any ideas would be much appreciated.

Level 3
Have you tried making the roar that only affects the hero casting to just dummy cast berserk on himself? Maybe berserk and roar stack.

p0t

p0t

Level 2
Berserk doesnt give a % based damage buff. I tried defend but its not dispelable, and the % increase is there but it doesnt show up.

Is it possible to make a certain spell (purge) dispel an aura?

ive gone completely bonkers thinking about this :(

p0t

p0t

Level 2

I have made a dummy unit system. im gonna use it until i can figure out a better way to fix this.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The spell has to be dispelable from a purge like spell and a dispel like spell. One is aoe the other is targeted. This works fine except there is a delay when removing the the dummy unit and its aura.

p0t

p0t

Level 2

fixed the dleay by removing the buff before i removed the dummy unit :wthumbsup:

Level 11
Don't double post please.
@GhostWolf
Ok, I'm going to explain OrderIds here, so listen.

<Small clarification: OrderIds translate to orderstrings and back!>

First of all only a very few spells actually have changeable orderids. All spells have the orderstring field, however changing it does nothing on all but 2 (or 3) abilities. An orderid is the internal order a unit is given when you press the button.

What changing an orderid (On abilities where it works) will do:
1. Allow multiples of the ability to be castable without interference
2. Allow you to change what order string must be given to make the unit cast the ability.
3. Change the order string used when you cast the ability.
What changing the orderid won't do:
1. Allow it to be stackable (If its not to begin with)
2. Allow the same buff to be added twice

The two abilities (that I know) where changeing the OrderId works are the Spellbook and Channel.

Edit: Check the map, run it and use the lightning on the buildings, notice it always activates all of them and it always uses the blue lightning.

Attachments

• OrderId.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.