• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with some spells <evasion,aso...>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hail all

I'm finishing some heroes and spells on my map and i got some problems that you might solve. I already spent few days on forum and it helped alot fixing most of my problems and solving my questions, yet these 3 remain:

1.) I made hero who's mana is drained each second and he gains mana by hitting and killing (thats how he replanishes mana). He has an ability/spell similar to [Roar] which provides his allies with bonus damage. :eek:

--> What i would like to make is a trigger that makes my hero replenish power not only from his only hits but from the hits his allies do while under the effect of this [Roar] ability.

For example: if my hero is surounded with 3-4 allies while in combat, he will regain more mana, based on the damage he and his allies (under effect of [Roar] spell) do to their enemies.

2.) I've searched most [evasion] threads here and i didnt find my solution, so if you can solve my problem or direct me to the thread where it could be solved i would appreciate that.

--> Is it posible to make [evasion] ability based with cooldown.

For example: if i use that ability my hero is granted [evasion] ability for some time? I tried fixing problem with morph abilities, but i got some problems with that, can it be done in any other way but morphing?

3.) Best way to make ability thats like self buff that grants hero bonus to Stats (Str/Agi/Int). It should also be with cooldown, not passive like [Attribute Bonus] ability.

Also is it possible to make without using Robo-Goblin ability...?

Well thats it...
I'm sry if those problems are already solved, i didnt see them on other threads.

Thank you for reading my post. :gg:

/salute

Level 6
Hah. No problem (No offense, but it didn't take too long to do this). I've attached the map below, just save it somewhere and look at what I've done. I've changed values in the object editor and written triggers in the trigger editor.

Attachments

• Spells.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 69
Level 2
This might has nothing to do with anything, but the spell you added has tons of leaks.
Just so you know ^^

Level 3
Sry i haven't been active in w3 community for some time so i'm probably missin some new versions of editor...

I can not open map in either w3 or editor, some kind of error pops out.

Can you help me that one too? :grin:

Level 3
I've got it covered. 1.24 d patch fixed error problems.

Thank you for your help T4COBELL!!!!
:thumbs_up:

+ rep for you! =)

Level 3
I've got additional question about first ability (the one that adds damage to allie units and replaneshes power to the caster).

I would like that unit which casts [Roar] gains power not from all the damage those units under effect of [Roar] do, but only from the damage they deal in melee hits. Which means it does not effect on ranged hits, nor on range damaging abilites, or any other.

One of my first intentions was this but i didnt define it well in my first post.
T4COBELL thank you once more for the answers, i've managed all 3 abilities and started understanding some of the basic of triggering.

Something odd happens when i use similar ability to [Shadow Strike] when trigger for first ability from the thread is active, my game freezes. Not sure why...?

So how can i define damage taken in trigger to effect only melee hits?

Thanks for reading once more!

/salute

:wink:

Level 3
oh... :confused:

And why does my game freez then? I can keep the triggered spell if anyone can tell me how to fix the freezing?

:con:

Level 11
Hey you should try this. This mby will work:

• Helping trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Roar) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacking unit) is A melee attacker) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set mana of (You'r unit variable) to ((Mana of (You'r unit variable)) + Value of mana you want you'r hero to get)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
If it doesn't, reply me. :grin:

Level 3
tjordell can you plz give me that trigger saved in map, so i can combine it with triggers T4COBELL gave me?

:cool:

Level 3
ahh ok, does anyone know why does my game freez when using other damaging spell while under effects of [Roar] spell?

:hohum:

Level 3
Doesn't seem to work, i tried couple of times but it doesnt seem to recognize melee attackers and it does not give power at all to the caster of [Roar].

Maybe if you can combine something with triggers T4COBELL placed in the map at the begging of the thread.

Thanks for help, but it seems my skills with triggers aint that well so i could fix the problem.

:smile:

Level 3
Me again...

Would like to improve third ability i aksed for, but i'm not sure how...
I want to make ability with cooldown that will grant strength to a hero based on the level of the ability, for example:

1st level ability grants hero buff that will give him 3 str for 45 seconds.
2nd level ability grants hero buff that will give him 6 str for 45 seconds.
3rd level ability grants hero buff that will give him 9 str for 45 seconds.

and so on...

i pretty much undestood what T4COBELL gave me in his map but i cant get to subtract the strength which hero gains by casting ability.

Thanks for help.

:infl_thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.