• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm getting a syntax error, even though I haven't made any custom scripts

Level 4
set = CreateSound( "", false, true, true, 0, 0, "DefaultEAXON" )
call SetSoundDuration( , 2633 )
call SetSoundChannel( , 11 )
call SetSoundVolume( , 11 )
call SetSoundPitch( , 1.0 )
call SetSoundDistances( , 0.0, 10000.0 )
call SetSoundDistanceCutoff( , 3000.0 )
call SetSoundConeAngles( , 0.0, 0.0, 127 )
call SetSoundConeOrientation( , 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )

I've attached the campaign file below, it only has one map. It's been working fine up until i tried to import an .mp3 to use as music. And for some reason, it is now referenced by all triggers, even after i deleted the file itself. Does anyone know what I could do?

Attachments

• StromgardeCampaign.w3n
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 8
Level 25
I've opened your map and I was immediately warned that there are some invalid generated variables, hopefully it is same for you.
Anyway, it seems that the sound variable was badly created. Deleting the sound file did not really delete the sound variable itself.

Go to Sound Editor, check the list of sound variables. You may notice that there is one row that has 'Length', but no 'File Name' and 'Variable Name', like in the screenshot
1698674667246.png

Just delete that sound variable. For me, this displayed a warning window that was so long it went outside my screen. I just pressed Spacebar to 'confirm' whatever this is. That deleted the sound variable and I was able to recompile the map script successfully.