• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm Desperate. I need Custom UI's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I have posted about this before but I want to try one more time. I got some great advice from some of the users. But I struggled with actually implementing it. I worked on the things I knew how to do but now I'm back to the UI Problem.

I need to implement custom Ui's (I have the artwork and even custom sounds)

Posted is my nearly finished project and the testmap Tasyen created with instructions and script to implement custom UI's for each of the new races. I'm attempting to figure out how to marry the two together but I have VERY limited Trigger knowledge. I'm hoping someone can implement it for me. From there I can reference the appropriate tiles, cursors, idle worker icon, and sounds.

Here's hoping!

Attachments

• Ruined Mountain.w3x
    53 MB · Views: 42
  • Change UI Reforged (1).w3x
    603.4 KB · Views: 36
Your map is in jass but the UI system is in Lua that is not fitting togather.

I created a newer public version of CustomConsoleUI since than (which has a vjass version).
CustomConsoleUI

In the attached map Custom Diablo UI (Widescreen) is used after 1s passed.

Edit: Deleted the attached Map, look for newer Post.

Last edited:
Level 4
Forgive my ignorance. How do you select which UI you wish to use? That is my main issue. I want each race to have their own UI, if that is possible. The original four races can use their normal UI. But i have added 8 more playable races. I have downloaded great UI's including cursors, and even have sounds for most of them. I just can't seem to get them to be attached to the race selection. It is just over my head.
This is a classic graphics only type of project FYI. If that matters.

EDIT: So I tried the tool you linked. I see where you type the name of your desired UI. I feel I could add additional UI's that way but that functionality seems to be missing on the map you edited for me. It is diablo or nothing. I don't know how to fix that. Ideally I could just attach the UI selection to the actual race selection so that it is one unified choice. Maybe doing it that way could also add a cursor and sounds? I honestly don't know. Thanks for giving this a look though

Last edited:
the demo map enforces after 1 s the diablo UI.

In that "tool" you give each UI an index and setup textures for that index than when the race was selected you do a custom script call UseCustomConsole(player, index)
In your map the race is selected based on dialog. So you could used GetTriggerPlayer() for player in the call. The index would be an unique number for each race.

Could look like that for Orcs.
JASS:
set index = 3
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile01")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile02")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile03")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile04")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile05")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile06")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile-timeindicatorframe")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ui\\console\\orc\\orcuitile-inventorycover")
call AddCustomConsole(index, "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNPeon")
set x[index] = 0.0004
set y[index] = 0.0

if dialogButton == ORC
call UseCustomConsole(GetTriggerPlayer(), 3)​

Level 4
In time I MIGHT get this implemented. AS I said, I am not at all familiar with triggers.
Two Questions:
1. Since I do not need the UI to be swappable mid game. I basically need a new Ui to be "permanent" after race selection. Is there a way to include a cursor and Ui sounds (there are 14 of them) ?

2. Would you mind actually implementing this into the map i linked (ruined mountain) on one of the original races (or all the original races if you just want to). I can then copy and paste from there changing values and textures to match each race. I do not trust myself to implement it without screwing up something. If there are problems i don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot.

Thanks again. This is simply out of my wheelhouse

1. Since I do not need the UI to be swappable mid game. I basically need a new Ui to be "permanent" after race selection. Is there a way to include a cursor and Ui sounds (there are 14 of them) ?
Can't help you with Sounds and Cursor.

Oh you put all the custom jass code into the map head, didn't see that before.
Added a Trigger executed from the AM gamestarted System which sets the UI to the choosen Race. Changed the used CustomConsoleUI a bit to fall back to Human UI if there is no data for the choosen race.

All you need to do for the custom Races is: To set the textures inside
private function init_function takes nothing returns nothing
of that customConsoleUI
the index should match the index you have given that race in the selection system.
you clone a block change the index and the paths to the textures.

Attachments

• Ruined Mountain.w3x
    53.6 MB · Views: 73
Level 4
So the moment I tried to change the Demon UI to the proper textures (no changes except to refence different frame files) I got this weird Error message. "Line 139: Unknown Compile error - unknown compileerror on line 139(syntax error)"

The errors go one like that for quite awhile line by line.

Before I tried to change anything I tested the map and it worked fine with the original races.

Level 5
So the moment I tried to change the Demon UI to the proper textures (no changes except to refence different frame files) I got this weird Error message. "Line 139: Unknown Compile error - unknown compileerror on line 139(syntax error)"

The errors go one like that for quite awhile line by line.

Before I tried to change anything I tested the map and it worked fine with the original races.

That's because of the new update breaking vJass. Currently nothing with vJass works.

Level 4
That's because of the new update breaking vJass. Currently nothing with vJass works.

Well Nuts. We are thinking of posting the project for beta testing. Maybe someone will like it and see that the only thing missing is custom UI's for the custom races and help us out.

Thanks to Tasyen for trying. If you have any other solves please feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.