• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm a voice actor. Anyone need some free work done for their project? (Examples inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'd prefer to remain anonymous, but I have a few samples here. I've been playing Warcraft for more than 20 years and I recently got back into with with Classic and Reforged. I forgot how much fun map making was and I plan on creating a few of my own maps if I manage to find the time.

Anyway, if you guys need anything just let me know and I'll see if I can do it. I use my own voice and obviously a number of post-processing tools to make them more "orcish", etc.

Orc Poem: orc1
Peasant Quest Text: peasant1
Footman Quotes: footman1
Sir Reginald (A Knight?): sirreginald (Sorry about the background artefacts in this one. I rushed this one and couldn't de-noise it properly).

I wasn't necessarily trying to replicate the Warcraft voice acting per se, but these are my own takes on what you could reasonably call an orc, peasant, footman, etc. Obviously with some artistic license.

Give me some ideas and I'll bust a few out for you. If you need some quest text read out for your campaign or custom map just post here.

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting.

So my "main map" is a "story-less defence"-kind of map, with our take on various characters etc. I'm good at programming and designing systems, not art (luckily there are icons and models on this webside xD) or story.
Anyways, can you do "voice sets" with fairly minimal directions?

A Voice-set in Warcraft 3 is something like 3 to 5 responses to "What" (when unit is selected), "Yes" (general orders), "attack" plus "death", "Ready" and 3-10 "pissed" (spam-clicked).

I have 3 unit voice-sets that I feel are not up-to-par, 1 terrible, 1 "ok" and 1 that kinda works....

The most terrible voice-set is currently for:
Hattori Hanzou: In my map, a "generic ninja guy" with shadow-clones, shurikens (that can be pulled back). Imo he should be a confident ninja with some amount of "stealth" and pride in his skills.
Currently, he is using Grom Hellscream voice, because ordinary "Blademaster"-voice is overridden by Darth Vader ages ago xD

I could "script" it, but it'll probably be by this weekend if that's the case...
The Map: The Defence of the Castle

If you prefer more "cinematic"/"quest lines", it'd be cool to add it to my intro my most recent map, but I kind of rushed it (it's an entry to a competition) and want to add/change it a little, so it is not ready for something yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.