• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan fel crystal wagon is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
it's not in the editor nor the hidden path shows the correct model

This one?

upload_2021-2-4_16-24-38.png

Level 2
Why do Blizzard remove models from the game? Even if they are not officially used, some people might find a use for them in their own projects.
Who knows how many more models were made, and never put into the game?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Why do Blizzard remove models from the game? Even if they are not officially used, some people might find a use for them in their own projects.
Who knows how many more models were made, and never put into the game?

this one was actually used; it's the Illidan wagon in the Blood Elf chapter

Level 2
I am also very bothered about Malfurion in Reign of Chaos Campaign.
I mean, you know, when you see him being awakened from his emerald dream for the first time and he gets out of his Barrow Dens and he is already riding his deer.
I think i saw somewhere that a unique(mountless) RoC model for him was made, but never used in the game.
As far as i know he is not even in the game files. I still don't understand how such strange decisions are made.

EDIT:
There he is! There is even a mountless Tyrande in there as well.

Level 4
I think you should publish it in Reforged models for the time being while it isn't being returned yet, just credit Blizz

After I posted that, I realised it was the original version, not the Reforged version, because I'd forgotten where the Reforged models are in the CASC! But I think I might have the Reforged version – I will check and publish it if I do.

EDIT: No, sorry, I don't have it. I thought I had it since I extracted the whole units\other\illidanwagon folder from an older version of the CASC, but it must have disappeared in an earlier patch than the most recent one. I have the textures, and models for the portrait and death, but those are still in the latest version – it's just the actual model that's missing.

I just realised I don't really understand why Illidan is imprisoned in a crystal anyway... it doesn't seem very Night-Elfy...

Last edited:
Level 4
I am also very bothered about Malfurion in Reign of Chaos Campaign.
I mean, you know, when you see him being awakened from his emerald dream for the first time and he gets out of his Barrow Dens and he is already riding his deer.
I think i saw somewhere that a unique(mountless) RoC model for him was made, but never used in the game.
As far as i know he is not even in the game files. I still don't understand how such strange decisions are made.

EDIT:
There he is! There is even a mountless Tyrande in there as well.

Dismounted Furion was in the beta and you can download it here:
Furion Reforged Beta

bump.

@Tommo Chocolate @Footman16 I think one of you should post the model; what do you guys think? @Moonman @Mr Ogre man could be useful since it would be needed and not everyone has old version of casc
mhmm, yes, it's a different model now under same path, can't find the old crystal one, if it's all in-tact it would get yellow rating as I understand.

I believe I fixed it in Retera's discord by adding a stand animation to the death animation. I'll check it once I get home.

I thought about adding a folder of some sort with models that fix issues of reforged models. I'll probably talk to the guys from quenching so they're baseline additions.

Update: I have the model, I've merged @Footman16 beta model with the death animation, fixed the visibility issues and all that. I'll upload it soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.