• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If you had your own character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am looking for ideas for hero/NPC characters.
Now I have decided that I am willing to create characters for anyone that gives me enough ideas for his/her character.
Along other things I have a classification system that I use for custom spells. Most spells are triggered and work better against specific classifications.
The only bound on character requests is my skill in making them. And I can do some semi-fancy things.
Vague ideas might also work. If not, I'll make them work.
Anyone can submit up to 3 characters.

Character - Unit

I recommend using this form, as that will make the final result better:

Name(Probably your hive name, but doesn't have to be)
Model(ANY model. Can be something from the hive)
Story(I can make that myself, but if you have ideas, then share them)
How the character should play(A melee hero that hacks everyone to pieces? Or a tree that's slow, but hard to destroy)
AI(I can't do very fancy things, but still something. I can replace hero's attacks with spells and make them work in specific ways on specific conditions)
Minions(You know you want them. Morphing units are encouraged)
Soundset

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Name: Chaosy the avatar of light
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/angel-49323/?prev=search=paladin&r=20&d=list&page=2
Story: When the world was created, the maker created one avatar for each element. Therefor Chaosy was created and were given the powers to manipulate light. The first great hing Chaosy did was to form a holy order of light, the paladins. And in these dark times Chaosy steped down on earth to aid those in need.
How the character should play: He should be a high mobility support hero
AI: just use a yellow missile as basic attack.

hope it's good enough

Level 21
Name: Chaosy the avatar of light
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/angel-49323/?prev=search=paladin&r=20&d=list&page=2
Story: When the world was created, the maker created one avatar for each element. Therefor Chaosy was created and were given the powers to manipulate light. The first great hing Chaosy did was to form a holy order of light, the paladins. And in these dark times Chaosy steped down on earth to aid those in need.
How the character should play: He should be a high mobility support hero
AI: just use a yellow missile as basic attack.

hope it's good enough

The model texture is quite low quality, but that's luckily not a problem, as my map is meant to be played with camera zoomed out.

Which soundset should I use?

Level 4
Name: Sergeant Lanker
Model: Footman or Captain
Story: Joining the Lordaeron Army at 22, he fought many battles with Captain Falric and Arthas, his skill make Arthas and Falric impressed
Character playstyle: Play as a Heavy from TF2 or generally a human tank.
AI: What is AI? Artifical Intelligence?
Special Spell: Spawn 3 footmen, 2 riflemen and 1 priest, all have high damages, health and armor. I might call it "To Arms!"
Soundset: Captain or Footman

Level 21
Name: Sergeant Lanker
Model: Footman or Captain
Story: Joining the Lordaeron Army at 22, he fought many battles with Captain Falric and Arthas, his skill make Arthas and Falric impressed
Character playstyle: Play as a Heavy from TF2 or generally a human tank.
AI: What is AI? Artifical Intelligence?
Special Spell: Spawn 3 footmen, 2 riflemen and 1 priest, all have high damages, health and armor. I might call it "To Arms!"
Soundset: Captain or Footman

Spawning footmen is probably a bit too OP. What about somekind of spell that makes someone else stronger(armor bonus) or something like that?

Also note that I am using them for a map that is not related to warcraft lore.

Most characters won't be playable, so AI is basically what makes them interact with players and other creatures.
AI can be as simple as just patrolling between 2 roads.
Real Example:
I have a character named the Saint. He follows any friendly player-controlled characters that approach it. He makes sure they always have a blessing on them(casting it when they don't) and also heals when necessary. Whenever he dies he immediately spawns back in the exact same position.

Level 2
Name: Joestar
Model: Fel Orc Warlock
Story : (Considering a little Warcraft Lore)After drinking Mannoroth's blood to kill Cenarius, Joestar became closer to Fel Magic that he ever was. But his mind was completely thorned apart when he saw his own Family(Wife and his only son) being ravaged by Manoroth's demons. Now he's just a shell of his former self...but something can chage that...
How the character should play : To put it simple, more or less like the Blood Mage, but instead of Siphon Mana -> Life Drain;Flame Strike -> Rain of Fire; Phoenix ->Summon Infernal or Doomguard;
AI : You can use the same attack model from the original Warlock, or even better, the ranged attack from Illidan Morphed.
Minions: Well, he already can summon a Doomguard or Infernal, so I guess this is done. But if I could have more minions, it could be a felhoud/felguard/succubus or voidwalker.
Soundset : ShamanX

Level 23
Name: Juno the Tigerian Berserker

Model: Tigerian Slicer

Story:
Yeah, I think you can make the story.. I'm not really good at that.. XD

How the character should play:
has low health but can deal massive damage and his attack speed gets faster the longer he is in combat (or you can just make his attack speed fast)

AI:
Just acts like a boss or sumthing.. Moving around his territory and stuff XD

Minions: Two White Tigers.. I know it kinda makes no sense, but it's kewl.. They're just like the hero but in a weaker sense.. Lower health but faster AS and certainly no spells (well, critical strike could be kewl) :3
Oh, and his minions only appear when his health comes to a percent so that he can recover a little and go back to combat when his minions are defeated.

Soundset : Illidan

Level 21
Name: Juno the Tigerian Berserker

Model: Tigerian Slicer

Story:
Yeah, I think you can make the story.. I'm not really good at that.. XD

How the character should play:
has low health but can deal massive damage and his attack speed gets faster the longer he is in combat (or you can just make his attack speed fast)

AI:
Just acts like a boss or sumthing.. Moving around his territory and stuff XD

Minions: Two White Tigers.. I know it kinda makes no sense, but it's kewl.. They're just like the hero but in a weaker sense.. Lower health but faster AS and certainly no spells (well, critical strike could be kewl) :3
Oh, and his minions only appear when his health comes to a percent so that he can recover a little and go back to combat when his minions are defeated.

Soundset : Illidan

Making attack speed get faster over time? Actually I had planned to put it on at least one hero, so I've thought quite a lot about that. I could make it give up to 800% attack speed(through reducing it initially).
In that case I guess I'll also give him some relatively good way of regenerating health. Then the tigers will be his survival mechanism.

Level 23
Making attack speed get faster over time? Actually I had planned to put it on at least one hero, so I've thought quite a lot about that. I could make it give up to 800% attack speed(through reducing it initially).
In that case I guess I'll also give him some relatively good way of regenerating health. Then the tigers will be his survival mechanism.

Yeah, like the tigers could have knockback so that his enemies would be pushed back and away from the hero.. or he could have blink so that when he blinks away, two tigers will be summoned on his spot to replace him.. sumthing like that.. :3

Level 30
Name: Hell_Master the Phantom

Model: Odium

Story: Dont know.....xD

AI: Melee

Spawn Minions: None

Spells:

1. Will-o-Wisp: Summons 3 dark flaming wisp around Hell_Master. Enemy units near Hell_Master while with the 3 wisps will be damaged everytime. Wisps lasts for 10 seconds and they cannot be targeted.

2. Soul Pierce (Passive): Every attack that Hell_Master mades, reduces the enemy's armor. Stacks up to 5 times. If in 3 seconds, Hell_Master didnt attack the enemy, Stack will reduce thus returning the lost armor.

3. Decay (Passive): When an enemy unit is near on Hell_Master's presence, stops life regeneration and reduces life each seconds.

4. Night's Essence (Ultimate)(Passive): When time of day is Night, grants the Hell_Master extra attack speed and move speed and also invisible in night. Invisiblity can break by attack or engaging enemies but will return to invisibility when enemy out of sight and time of day is Night.

NOTE: I know his skills are imba but make his starting stats low so it will not be low or either strong starting stats but low stat gaining.

Level 21
Yeah, like the tigers could have knockback so that his enemies would be pushed back and away from the hero.. or he could have blink so that when he blinks away, two tigers will be summoned on his spot to replace him.. sumthing like that.. :3

Actually the blink idea is quite good. That way I could also prevent tiger spam by simply using cooldown and timed life.
Btw, I got an idea about how the tigers will keep him alive. Whenever one of the tigers takes damage he gets life, so that attacking the tigers is often quite dumb. But then again the tigers basically double his damage, so it's not a good idea to let them be either.
Got any ideas for the names of tigers? (Then I can make 2 separate ones, offensive and defensive, that both boost him)

Level 23
Actually the blink idea is quite good. That way I could also prevent tiger spam by simply using cooldown and timed life.
Btw, I got an idea about how the tigers will keep him alive. Whenever one of the tigers takes damage he gets life, so that attacking the tigers is often quite dumb. But then again the tigers basically double his damage, so it's not a good idea to let them be either.
Got any ideas for the names of tigers? (Then I can make 2 separate ones, offensive and defensive, that both boost him)

Yin and yang? what about Juno and Hera? XD
I'm not good with names..

Level 12
Name Vardoe Silvertongue
Model Earth Lich
Story Vardoe was once a student of the mage academy, but after he started to use necromancy he was kicked out. He traveled to the Caves of Iularia where he created the Bone Creator, a devie capable of creating human skeletons from other living things (bugs, rats, birds etc.)
How the character should played: A necromancer, mostly using summoning spells and damage spells (life drain, death coil)
AI Normal attack, death coil bolt
Minions Skeletons, wraiths, zombies and other undead would be okay. Altough 2 small flesh golems would be best.
Soundset Lich/Death knight Arthas/ Kel'Thuzad

Level 2
Name: Vhaldez Cadantius
Model: See profile image, if I ever manage to convert it into a Warcraft model..
Story: Master Thief, Adventurer, Treasure Hunter and generally easygoing individual.
How the character should play: EoC-Style
AI: None, I'd be selectable in this map.
Minions: None, I guess.
Soundset: My own voice? Maybe? Otherwise, erm, pre-undead Arthas.

Level 21
Name: Vhaldez Cadantius
Model: See profile image, if I ever manage to convert it into a Warcraft model..
Story: Master Thief, Adventurer, Treasure Hunter and generally easygoing individual.
How the character should play: EoC-Style
AI: None, I'd be selectable in this map.
Minions: None, I guess.
Soundset: My own voice? Maybe? Otherwise, erm, pre-undead Arthas.

Atm I got little to work with, as there is no AI to make and I don't have a model with animations. All I could do is create a placeholder unit with the name and soundset, since even abilities depend somewhat on what the model lets me do.

*necro*
Name : Daffa_Mage the Leader of Holy Order
Model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/angel-65292/?prev=search=Archangel&d=list&r=20
Story : [Custom Lore] back in the old days where the phantom and the holy order fight, Daffa_Mage was a member of the holy order, he vows that he will defeat the phantom lord himself, yet, he still never has the chance to see the phantom lord, 3000 years after the war, he is promoted as the king to replace the last king of the holy order, he leads the order in peace, until one day.......
How the character should play : he plays as a character with small amount of health as Melee combatant, but his abilities is very powerful at exterminating his opponents
AI : He is going to wait in a throne room, should undead player enter the room, he will fight the plAyer inside the room and lock the room until he or the player is defeated.
Minions : 2 King's royal guardians, one at left of his position and one at right position [Paladin Model]
Soundset : Arthas Human

Spells :
White Beam [Active] : Create a holy light at target, if cast on not undead allies heal their HP, else if cats on undead enemy it deals damage to target

Heaven Slash [Passive] : Daffa attacks slash enemy severely, reducing their attack damage and disabling their spells

Cry : Spirit of Light [Active] : Daffa release his blade technique, releasing an aura for X seconds that will increase nearby allies HP and MP regeneration, also increase Daffa's damage

Scatter : Light Piercer [Active] [Ultimate] : Daffa release his blade ultimate technique, rendering him unable to attack but releasing many holy energies [holy light model] on an area for X second, dealing X damage to every enemies struck by the light.

Level 21
*necro*
Name : Daffa_Mage the Leader of Holy Order
Model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/angel-65292/?prev=search=Archangel&d=list&r=20
Story : [Custom Lore] back in the old days where the phantom and the holy order fight, Daffa_Mage was a member of the holy order, he vows that he will defeat the phantom lord himself, yet, he still never has the chance to see the phantom lord, 3000 years after the war, he is promoted as the king to replace the last king of the holy order, he leads the order in peace, until one day.......
How the character should play : he plays as a character with small amount of health as Melee combatant, but his abilities is very powerful at exterminating his opponents
AI : He is going to wait in a throne room, should undead player enter the room, he will fight the plAyer inside the room and lock the room until he or the player is defeated.
Minions : 2 King's royal guardians, one at left of his position and one at right position [Paladin Model]
Soundset : Arthas Human

Spells :
White Beam [Active] : Create a holy light at target, if cast on not undead allies heal their HP, else if cats on undead enemy it deals damage to target

Heaven Slash [Passive] : Daffa attacks slash enemy severely, reducing their attack damage and disabling their spells

Cry : Spirit of Light [Active] : Daffa release his blade technique, releasing an aura for X seconds that will increase nearby allies HP and MP regeneration, also increase Daffa's damage

Scatter : Light Piercer [Active] [Ultimate] : Daffa release his blade ultimate technique, rendering him unable to attack but releasing many holy energies [holy light model] on an area for X second, dealing X damage to every enemies struck by the light.

Wow, I even have the model already(I keep downloading whatever I think fits for my locals).
What do the minions have? Are they just cannonfodder meant to die for Daffa or do they also have a role?

I assume he is aggressive to undead, but not others. Unless provoked ofc.
Spells:
White beam = Holy light?

Heaven slash is a tricky one. I guess I can trigger it from attacks by combining my bonusmod powers with an ability based on silence.

Temp aura? Nice idea. Although it's more of a battle roar-ish thing then. EDIT: It is battle roar, except for caster having a damage bonus that others don't get.

Light piercer is channeled as I get it. I think I even remember a similar WoW ability on Retribution paladins.

White Beam is Holy Light based :D

The ultra isn't channeled [unless its hard to made it without channeling], so my Harro can still use other spell but loss his ability to use his normal attack

Paladin is to be supports, forgot to add their spells :

Wave of Light : Heal all allies by a moderate amount

Heaven's Smash : Paladins attack has 30% chance to stun target for X seconds

Six Prison Rod of Light : the Paladin binds an enemy with powerful light, disabling them from moving at all [unable to do anything], last X seconds

Also, yes, he's anti-undead, and leave others [even orcs] but will fight them if provoked[so non-undead/demon player can pass freely but should never try to provoke him to battle :D]

Level 3
Azazel the Demon Lord
Model: Blood Mage
Soundset: Blood Elf Sorceror
Story: A human-demon hybrid hailing from a faraway world called Imperii Orcus. He is the descendant of the first Hellish Emperor Baphomet. After his ancestor's departure, he stood as the new emperor. He arrived in the Outworld swiftly defeated their king, Illidan, and the Burning Legion's founder Sargeras. Unlike the demons, he favored humanity more than his demonity. He became an ally of the Sentinels to fight against the Undead Scourge to end the world's suffering.
AI: Make him a very powerful opponent, but make him just an undiscovered hero.
minions: Eredar Warlocks, Overlords, Doom Guards, Infernals, and other units from Outworld. It's up to you which Outworld neutrals will you choose.
Abilities:
Estuans Condylus - hurls a powerful dark fire ball that deals 200 damage and 3 second stun.
Estuans Umbra - the Demonlord creates his own image as a decoy that deals 10% damage and takes 200% damage.
Demon Form - the Demon Lord turns into his true form. +300 bonus hp.
Elohim's Promise - even he is a part demon, the Demonlord is a devotee to the god Elohim. Elohim promise that he will be rein carnated whenever he fall from battle.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 21
Azazel the Demon Lord
Model: Blood Mage
Soundset: Blood Elf Sorceror
Story: A human-demon hybrid hailing from a faraway world called Imperii Orcus. He is the descendant of the first Hellish Emperor Baphomet. After his ancestor's departure, he stood as the new emperor. He arrived in the Outworld swiftly defeated their king, Illidan, and the Burning Legion's founder Sargeras. Unlike the demons, he favored humanity more than his demonity. He became an ally of the Sentinels to fight against the Undead Scourge to end the world's suffering.
AI: Make him a very powerful opponent, but make him just an undiscovered hero.
minions: Eredar Warlocks, Overlords, Doom Guards, Infernals, and other units from Outworld. It's up to you which Outworld neutrals will you choose.
Abilities:
Estuans Condylus - hurls a powerful dark fire ball that deals 200 damage and 3 second stun.
Estuans Umbra - the Demonlord creates his own image as a decoy that deals 10% damage and takes 200% damage.
Demon Form - the Demon Lord turns into his true form. +300 bonus hp.
Elohim's Promise - even he is a part demon, the Demonlord is a devotee to the god Elohim. Elohim promise that he will be rein carnated whenever he fall from battle.

What do you think?

I think I'd also add somekind of a portal ability for summoning demons, but make it channeled and take so long time that you can't use it in combat.
Elohim's promise is like the reincarnation ability?

Btw, by AI I mean how he should act. For instance, I can make him wander the map and attack everything it sees.

Level 3
I think I'd also add somekind of a portal ability for summoning demons, but make it channeled and take so long time that you can't use it in combat.
Elohim's promise is like the reincarnation ability?

Btw, by AI I mean how he should act. For instance, I can make him wander the map and attack everything it sees.

Well it's yours to decide whether if you use him a regular AI hero or boss, he must always use Estuans Condylus and Demon Form or the "portal" ability you want to add. Elohim's Promise is more like Reincarnation. I recommend you to use "Resurrection" art effect as if Elohim's angel raised him back.
:goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.