• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If we didnt change the ISP and server....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Also, maps'n'mods in maps.worldofwar.net is suffering from severe problems at the moment (download problems, no updates). People won't long bear that. I would expect a huge increase in popularity here, if maps'n'mods continues to decline. :wink:

Level 17
@Tommi

Maps'n'Mods is a greedy page.... they earn alot with ads and now just force people to pay for the downloads... otherwise you only have 5 downloads for 1 day which is not very much.
Here you'll always have as many downloads as you want. And maps submitted here already got spread faster than on Maps'n'mods

Level 6
Yeah. I think this site is better now. :) The map search and sorting capabilities would need some work, though. A simple multi-option sorting/filtering would do. Example actions that I would like to do:

1. Find all 1-player RPG maps and sort them by rating or downloads (in decreasing order)

2. Find all RPG maps and sort them by rating or downloads (in decreasing order)

3. Find all campaigns and sort them by rating or downloads (in decreasing order)

4. Find all multiplayer RPG maps and sort them by rating or downloads (in decreasing order)

5. Find all RPG maps and campaigns by an author

Btw, if you try now to find all maps by GG&K you get an empty list. :( You might want to look into that.

Level 17
@Tommi

Sorting you have already... just switch from "Compact" mode to "Detailed"
and you can sort by whatever you want.
Your problem is you have the "&" character in the creators name...
Those value you cannot pass to a php script, because & = start of a new variable...
Theres no way to change this...

Level 6
Darky27 said:
Sorting you have already... just switch from "Compact" mode to "Detailed"
and you can sort by whatever you want.
Hey, thanks! I learn something new everyday! :roll:

Your problem is you have the "&" character in the creators name...
Those value you cannot pass to a php script, because & = start of a new variable...
Theres no way to change this...
Too bad. Perhaps it could be worked around... :?

Level 13
The ways you can support this site are by either clicking the ads on the front page (the banner on the bottom can be left alone, Darky27 only gets money from those for every time they're on a page) or by donating the money through PayPal (top left of the page) if you have the money for it 8) .

Status
Not open for further replies.