• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for Human CH03: Ravages of the Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! I'm here to contribute with some ideas for chapter 3 of the Human campaign, a long time point of controversy in Warcraft lore, as in the original maps it featured the King's Road, which didn't appear in WoW, as well as the little village of Brill that relocates later in the campaign.

1) King's Road location and Arthas starting point.

Even if the King's Road isn't featured in WoW, Stranhbrad and Andorhal did, so it's safe to asume that the road between those points IS the King's Road ingame, though its no longer called that as Lordaeron is in ruins, and the same would happen with the farms and little hamlets along the road. First I would have the little encampment where Arthas waits for Jaina to be Chillwind Point, as it is in a very similar position in WoW, at nearby point from a crossroad along the King's Road, across a river. To represent this ingame you could put some ruins to fit the "Troll Ruins" description of the place. Also for a King's Road entry on the Codex, I would suggest something like this: "The King's Road is a major trade route that connects the regions of Hillsbrad in southern Lordaeron with the Eastweald, allowing safe passage trough the dangerous mountains of the former nation of Alterac. It runs along the towns of Strahnbrad and Andorhal, allowing the inhabitants of the villages and farmsteads in the area to bring their produce and livestock into those regional centers, sell it, and come back home safely. The road is protected by its Regional Defenders."

2) Crushridge Ogres

The ogres that chase Jaina at the very beginning, well they should be properly labelled as Crushridge Ogres, the clan that dominates the area, then, to convert their little encampment into a proper ogre camp, complete with an Ogre Mound would be a nice touch.

3) Captain Falric's Birthplace

In the Arthas' novel you get to know that the road is the birthplace of Captain Falric, to adress this somehow during the mission would be nice, I don't know it it would be too hard to add a new line for the captain using the quotes from the novel, if so, maybe to have some villagers greet him as he passes by or add an easter egg from a villager when you click him, making him reward you with a Codex entry for Falric if you do.

4) Halsand's Estate

Following the references, to make one of the farms along the road a reference for the Warcraft Legends story would be a nice touch, just add a villager by the name Halsand and make him be surrounded by his children and wife, maybe his ox too.

5) High Priest Thel'danis

We already know that the mortar team, at least one of them, is a dwarf named Dargal, but what about the priests? High Priest Thel'danis is a recurring character on Sorrow Hill, represented by a night elf in WoW, but it was supossed to be a High Elf, as it was stated on the RPG, surely a placeholder as in Classic they didn't have the High Elf model yet, something they never corrected. Well here, we could have the priest to be Thel'danis, and have him follow Arthas to Andorhal, in order to make him participate in a side quest on Sorrow Hill in the next chapter and stay there after Khel'thuzad is slain cleansing the land, pun intended.

I've already seen similar threads that generated pretty good discusions and generated nice ideas, I hope this one does the same. Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.