• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acolytes and Necromancers as Undead with a passive 50% resistance to Holy Light in Human Campaign?

Acolytes and Necromancers as Undead with a passive 50% resistance to Holy Light in Human Campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Some Acolytes and Necromancers are fresh converts in the Lordaeron kingdom and should be classified as Undead because of the corruption that comes from meddling with Death magic. Since they are not killed and risen but willingly give their lives away, they are still partly Human (like a survivor freshly bitten by a zombie or the vampire effect, slowly turning the victim).

However they shouldn't be classified as such since it doesn't make sense how they would survive with the rest of the actual Undead (living among Zombies, Ghouls, on Blight which would have the opposite effect and damage them long term), especially in the Undead Campaign where this passive would be gone together with the rest of their Humanity from both the continuous usage of Death magic as well as the atrocities they partook in and would take 100% damage from Holy Light.

People on the Discord know I am no fan of 3rd party lore like Road To Damnation by Evelyn Fredericksen - WoW and here Acolytes, presented as the robed figures summoning Naxxramas, are in the middle of nowhere, in the cold, with no food and living underground among the Undead.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Just make sure it doesn't interfere with game/map mechanics.
Also, undead doesn't just mean risen dead, the new type of Death Knights like Arthas are undead because they have lost their souls to the darkness of death (it's quite unexplained and debatable why undead and not demonic for instance).
Note that Dreadlords/Nathrezim are also targeted as undead but in reality they are demons. From my point of view, a thing that I use in a campaign I was making, it's unholy rather than undead or demon, meaning both in one category because either should be similarly affected by the Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.