• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Ideas for Fire Armor, and how to Code it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello everyone

Im thinking of fire sheild ability, and here are my thoughts (Ordered from Most fitting to least)
  1. Immolation Effect (semilar to that of Fire Panda)
  2. Ideally, the ability Cannot Stack With Frost Armor
  3. Gives Damage Return (semilar to spiked Barricades)
  4. Life Regeneration Bonus (Like Rejuvenation)
  5. Gives Armor/or Magic shell effect?
  6. Perhaps Gives bonus Damage? Now what sort of Damage is the question.
    • Perhaps straight forward bonus,
    • but perhaps an orb of fire like
    • perhaps something similar to doT Burn Effect. (like dryad and snap dragon)
    • per perhaps change the attack to magical instead of whatever type.
What do you think? do you feel there are other effects more fitting to a fire armor then the one I listed?

Possible Icons
BTNFireArmor
BTNBurningArcher

Now, How could it be coded? battle roar already gives most of the wanted effect, except for the Immolation activation ability.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think it would be more fitting if the fire shield ability does burn nearby enemies (Just like immolation).

It's a shame that the Shaman's Lightning Shield is hardcoded to damage all nearby units.
The concept that i'm referring to is the one from Dota known as Ion Shell.

I wanted to have that spell a long time ago. This is the thread Make Lightning Shield damage only enemy units.
Checkout the file that Bloodsoul posted it might be helpful. :)
The best part of Bloodsoul's spell is that it has a buff.

Another thought, how about a thorn shield that adds extra armor and returns damage to attackers? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.