• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In the custom campaign that I am working on, I am trying to determine how to make an ability similar to Frost Armor. The ability I wish to create will add armor, as well as an immolation effect: i.e. it damages foes near the unit. I am certain this exists already, but I can't find it. Thanks in advance for the help! :D

Level 20
For an easy method, you can make the spell base on human's inner fire spell that increases armor only, and use a dummy to cast Orc's lightning shield on target.

The problem with this is that the unit will have two different buffs, but that's minor.

Alternatively, you can create a spellbook containing an item bonus armor ability and a passive immolation aura, then disable the spellbook so that it will be invisible, and finally add/remove it via triggers.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Problem with lightning shield is also you cannot specify which targets take damage, only on which unit you can cast it. This means it will damage your own units.

If you want it to be dispelable, you need a dispelable base ability for the buff and remove the spellbook, when the unit no longer has the buff.

Level 11
In the custom campaign that I am working on, I am trying to determine how to make an ability similar to Frost Armor. The ability I wish to create will add armor, as well as an immolation effect: i.e. it damages foes near the unit. I am certain this exists already, but I can't find it. Thanks in advance for the help! :D

Attachments

• FIRE SHIELD.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.