• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need information on frost armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi!

I'm trying to understand how frost armor works, only things you seem to be able to change is the armor value and the duration of the mysterious slowing effect.

Is there anyway to change the % slow? I'v also saw on another forum that frost armor reduce melee damage by like 50%+ ??? But it's not written anywhere on the ability, neither the slow.

I think it's extremely overpowered, especialy if your trying to make an rpg like myself(50% comon).

Any work around? It fits the hero i'm trying to make, but I'd just like to keep the armor and a nerfed slow part. :)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I don't think Frost Armor has a hidden melee damage reduction. It does add armor though, which reduces melee damage taken (and ranged as well), and may be what the person who posted in that forum was referring to.

Blizzard uses this universal "slow" effect in a lot of their abilities. You can change it in the gameplay constants like Devalut said, but if you wish to work around it, say if you want different slow amounts for each ability, you'll have to trigger the slows yourself. A dummy unit casting the Slow ability can achieve this, and the blue "slowed" coloring effect is something you could recreate yourself using Vertex colors in the Trigger Editor.

Level 2
thank you very much! ^^ i'll check the gameplay constant, that whole dummy trigger thing might be too complicated for me lol

Level 2
Oh and since we are on the topic of abilities I have a much bigger problem with Black Arrow.

Is there a way for it to not consume the corpse when it spawns a skeleton? Because it fucks my respawn trigger and creeps don't respawn.

There's also a weird thing when Black Arrow is deactivated after being activated, it keeps spawning skeleton on kills.

Level 9
1.No, it is hardcoded.
The only way you could handle this is using Damage Events (a damage engine perhaps), or simply eliminate Black Arrow from your map.

2.Black Arrow has an effect that lingers for a small duration. So if the unit is killed by another attack after being hit by Black Arrow shortly before, a skeleton will still spawn.

Level 12
Is there a way for it to not consume the corpse when it spawns a skeleton? Because it fucks my respawn trigger and creeps don't respawn.

This should not affect the respawn triggers. Maybe your respawn trigger is not coded properly :D

Here is a working system for you :) added test map so you can just copy the folder.

• Ini
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- If you use Unit Indexer, use the Unit Indexer variables as the integer to se the custom values --------
      • Set VariableSet ReSpawn_Time = 120.00
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet Temp_Integer = (Temp_Integer + 1)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Temp_Integer
          • Set VariableSet Creep_Point[Temp_Integer] = (Position of (Picked unit))

• Creep ReSpawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
      • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer i = GetUnitTypeId(GetTriggerUnit())
      • Custom script: local integer ii = GetUnitUserData(GetTriggerUnit())
      • Wait (ReSpawn_Time + ((Real((Level of (Triggering unit)))) x 2.00)) seconds
      • Custom script: call SetUnitUserData(CreateUnit(Player(12),i,GetLocationX(udg_Creep_Point[ii]),GetLocationY(udg_Creep_Point[ii]),270),ii)

• Add Creeps ReSpawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • -------- This is not needed if you don't create new units after the map is initialized --------
      • Set VariableSet Temp_Integer = (Temp_Integer + 1)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to Temp_Integer
      • Set VariableSet Creep_Point[Temp_Integer] = (Position of (Triggering unit))

Attachments

• CreepSystem.w3m
    17 KB · Views: 14
Level 2
Thank you Doomblade will check into it!

I think my respawn trigger use position of corpse, so if there is no corpse, no respawn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.