• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Idea]Using real hero damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I finally finished my own buffsystem with that you can modify the duration of buffs kinda like in DoE.
Now i was thinking of using the real hero damage as damage value for spells.

Lets say your hero hast 20 str 2 dices with each 6 sides.
That would make an damage of 20+2-12 damage. So each time your hero cast a spell that does damage, the damage value gets calculated from this.
Ofcourse you can do easily critical strikes by multiplying this value.

Also thanks to my bufftimer system you can stun the hero based on the heroes damage. Lets take as pure example this:
Your hero does 30 damage, so the unit will be stunned for dmg/10 which is 3.
So the unit is stunned for 3 seconds.

Now the biggest annoying part are items and spells that check damage. You either need to put any possible buff and item to the list or leave these things out of the game. I mean just items and spells that boost your physical damage.
And this is really an pain.

So what do you guys think of it?
Is it worth building something like that? For what map would u use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.