• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[idea] RPG-System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know i have already written posts like this one quite a few times, but i hope that i'll find enough willing to help me to make my idea become real.

ok, here are the facts...

Skill & Char-Creation System for WC3-RPG
First i have to tell you how i want to do the different classes. I won't use the usuall 'choose pre defined hero'-
system. I also won't use the typical 'hero-build-system' for it is quit boring ( and none of the two is even close to be realistic ).
Therfore i have started thinking about a new way to create a hero and how that hero can learn and improve his abilities.
I found a way as you shurly have already thought. It's not an all easy one, but i believe it's quite acceptable even
if the models i will hav to use do not always fit best...

But now i will start explaining how my system works. It's designed in several steps and it's start is much like the
already nown 'hero-builder'-system. The player chooses a gender, followed by a race ( human, ork, elf ). Then the
player chooses a gift, an ability he has from his birth on. This ability is the most important one ever choosen.
It says wich further abilitis can be learned and if spells can be learned. I have not entirely decided which
gifts i will use, but i already now at least this one:

Wizadry
Gift, passiv
This gift grants the ability to obtain mana and to learn/use spells.
Without this ability no hero can master the magical arts.

I am thinking about at least one for agility and strength to, as well as one for ranged and one for melee combat
But right now i haven't had any idea what abilities would fit to my idea.

So after the player has choosen these basical attributes he can distrubute some points onto his stats.
( The 'increase-stat'ability is the only hero abiltiy i will use in the entire game! ).
After that he/she will have to choose between several professions. I do not now exactly which i will create
but it will be at least two for each gift.

After the player has choosen the profession he/she will be transported to the proper location acording to race
and profession. There he/she will be able to 'buy' his first few skills. ( the more poewrful, the more expansive ).
After that the true RPG will start. During it he/she will receive wood(to buy new abilities) and his most used abilities
will slowly increase as he/she uses them.
For example a healing spell will increase in level after 20/50/100/... uses. That way the spells most often used will
be the one best of the hero. I hope i can do that system soon, for i still have problems with the JASS-Code for
reading values from GameCache. ( the WC3-Edit crashes on saveing -.- )

Item & Equipment System
The next System i want to accomplish is one which can be used to simulate equipmnets slots for heroes. So they should
only be able to carry items in a logical amount and only if the are 'good' enough to understand how to use them (stat
and ability abrequirements). For example one can carry onle one item in the left, one in the right hand one on his/her
hand, one at the torso and one at the legs/foots. I do only want to limit the amount of combat items that can be used
at a time, not the amount of jewellery.
I will also try to create some kind of bag system. There should be several kinds of bags.

Backpacks:
bags with an limited amount of items, but can carry other bags ( no bagpacks).

Bag:
A little bag used for smaller things like weeds or such.

Storeage:
A room (within a house or such) in which everything besides another Storage can be stored.

Hopefully that's good enough for a RPG like the one i plan to create scince quite some time.
If anyone could create on or several of the systems i mentioned and described above i would truly
apreciate that work. ( Credits inclusive ^^ ).

If anyone likes to tell me that there are already system which can do ( at least some of ) the things
i described above than i have to tell, that i generally agree, but i have witnessed several grave
problems by importing them. ( one alone is no problem, but they are imcompatible and ways to complex to be
simply edited to work with each other... ).
I will not write a list of systems i already tried, but InvX is one out of quite a few i have tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.