• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Idea Request for ORPG classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys...

im doing an ORPG map and i need your ideas for classes.

there are 3 classes as base :

(Melee) Warrior
(Ranged) Shooter
(Magic) Spellcaster

these 3 classes split in 3 further classes again (the following are classes not names of these classes):

(1. Melee) Tank
(2. Melee) DamageDealer based on Speed
(3. Melee) DamageDealer based on Damage

(1. Ranged) Ranged Speed
(2. Ranged) Ranged Damage
(3. Ranged) Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks

(1. Magic) Summoner
(2. Magic) Healer/Buffer
(3. Magic) Spell DamageDealer

and again these 3 classes split into 3 classes and here i need your help....everything with a "???" needs an idea.

(1. Tank) HP Tank
(2. Tank) Defense Tank
(3. Tank) Effect Tank (stun, silence, etc)

(1. Melee DamageDealer based on Speed) Invisibility, trick spells, fast attack
(2. Melee DamageDealer based on Speed) ???
(3. Melee DamageDealer based on Speed) ???

(1. Melee DamageDealer based on Damage) Critter, medium Speed & Damage
(2. Melee DamageDealer based on Damage) High Damage, very slow Attackspeed
(3. Melee DamageDealer based on Damage) Antimage Damagedealer (destroying mana etc)

(1. Ranged Speed) Critter, low Damage, medium Attackspeed
(2. Ranged Speed) Invisibility
(3. Ranged Speed) ???

(1. Ranged Damage) Very high Damage, slow Attackspeed
(2. Ranged Damage) AOE Damage and Spells
(3. Ranged Damage) DoT effects on attack and DoT spells

(1. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks) ???
(2. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks) ???
(3. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks) ???

(1. Summoner) Necromancer
(2. Summoner) Beast Summoner
(3. Summoner) Demon Summoner

(1.Healer/Buffer) AOE Heal
(2.Healer/Buffer) Solo Target Heal
(3.Healer/Buffer) Buffer/Debuffer

(1. Spell DamageDealer) Elemental
(2. Spell DamageDealer) Arcan
(3. Spell DamageDealer) Dark Powers

Also if you have an idea to change one of these splits i would like to know it ^^

so let your mind free and give me your ideas :D

thanks in advance

greetz happy

*EDIT: I would like to get some feedback too^^

Last edited:
Level 4
(2. Melee DamageDealer based on Speed) cloning, blinding enemy, short charge, berserk
(3. Melee DamageDealer based on Speed) jump(jump to a place,do dmg when land+extra dmg to target), charge, kick up dust(blinds enemy,decreasin chance to hit), rage(deal aoe dmg but also affect allies)
(3. Ranged Speed) pet(a fast,agile one),faceshot(short range attack for high dmg), set trap
(1. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks) elemental shot,elemental cage, elemental beast
(2. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks) absorb x% of nearby allies hp and mana and get major attribute bonus for small ammount of time, timeflow- a shockwave kind of a spell that slows down all units it hits, energy form(look cool and get extra hp,attack,mana,extra mana regen)
(3. Ranged specialized on spells and effects on attacks)lightning rain(rain lightning arrows), absorbing shot(absorb x ammount of hp on your next shot from the target), target dummy(create a thing that, in every x ammount of seconds uses Taunt)

Hope this helps.

Level 9
@ Chiller : nice ideas ^.^ will use at least some of them xD

@ Death-Blade : i already did the whole terrain/dodadds, the creeps, save/load system, the main systems (like revival, item ownage, etc), and some beginner quests. maybe we can help each other with some ideas but thats all i think ^^

Level 4
Clap, i can come up with better spells and such but you had your ideas pretty plain too so i didn't put much effort in it. If you can bring me an example of 1 of the classes(damage,range,effect,lvl scale of each spell) then i can give you some better, more detailed ideas for spells.

Last edited:
Level 8
got one for tha dark powers mage....
dark ritual: the ..... uses his powers to take over the soul of a max [X] level unit for [X] seconds time and max level increase each spell level

spell 2
virus spread: tha dark blablabla guy spreads a disease damaging one unit for [X] dps until it dies, when it dies it turns into a MINDLESS ZOMBEE EATING THA BRAIN OF ITS ALLIES and making them zombees if it kills them, all zombees die after [X] sec and tha zombee gots poison aura damaging nearby units

im dRuNk

Status
Not open for further replies.