• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea: Item Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I was just thinking about items and had a little idea. I certainly don't have the required knowledge to make something like this, but I thought someone might. After looking at Retera's Disarm - weaponless model maker I started thinking about other useful tool ideas for modeling.

I had the idea of taking a model and making it into an item. You could add some sparkles to it, a glow, or the classic spinner. You could also make a simple birth and death animation by expanding it and then shrinking it like a lot of item death animations.

Like I said, I have no idea if this can be done and I wouldn't be able to do it. But if someone had the know-how I think this would be an incredibly popular tool. So basically I just thought I'd share my idea in case someone who can do it, would like to. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.