• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea for capturing bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm doing a kind of "base wars" map, each team starts with one base, and each time a team destroy the main building the base resets belonging to that team.

But, I'm kind of lost... If a random building from the base its still there, I can always set it to max hp and change owner, but if there is something missing? (A destroyed tower) How can I rebuild it at the same location?

(Also, I'm looking for a tree revival and creep revival system, like a normal AoS)

Thanks in advance ^^

Level 15
Here you go with a Tree Revival system...
  • Revive Dead Trees Setup
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Revive Dead Trees <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
  • Revive Dead Trees
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 game-time seconds
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation
Just change the line with the "desctructible-type equal to XX tree".

And what do you exactly mean by a creep revival system like AoS?

Level 12
Here you go with a Tree Revival system...
Just change the line with the "desctructible-type equal to XX tree".

And what do you exactly mean by a creep revival system like AoS?
Sorry... but that trigger is very bad, and if two trees die just one respawn o.o

The creep revival is like dota or any AoS, when you clean a creep camp another kind of creep takes it and spawn.

both system already exists, I'm just looking for them, but I need ideas (not done triggers) to the base system. D:

Level 12
You could make all buildings exept towers invulnerable, and force palyers to build their own towers, unless they have a few stronger, pre-placed ones, in which case make them invulnerable too. Since base war maps are normally really large army intensive, it wouldn't hurt for a few invulnerable towers.

Level 12
You could make all buildings exept towers invulnerable, and force palyers to build their own towers, unless they have a few stronger, pre-placed ones, in which case make them invulnerable too. Since base war maps are normally really large army intensive, it wouldn't hurt for a few invulnerable towers.

Its a mix of AoS and base wars, the player just control one hero, so he can't build, also destroying the buildings is vital as the player get exp/gold from it.

Also, I'm missing the tutorial to make creeps waves walk in the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.