• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idaero's Art Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I just got a medium size Wacom One, or was called Bamboo, as a Christmas gift. And I have no idea how to paint (although I already did some on phone, but somehow it's feel different).

As you see, I haven't finish all of them, because each time I paint, it feels like I'm doing it wrong, so I try to create new one again. I already manage to reduce those 'chicken scratch' or whatever its called (those ugly messy sketchy lines). Because they are still unfinished, I know I won't get proper review feedback. What I really need is guide to get better because I don't know how. With pencil, it't fairly straight forward. But this painting with colors, and current digital art standard, is so confusing 0.0

Currently I'm using Paint tool SAI, because my laptop can't handle latest photoshop, I'l try to use CS6 or 5. What's hard for me are choosing proper color (because they looks different with different colors), and how to use this pen tab properly (because I cant handle the pressure properly),

Please tell me where to start :)

IMG_5308.jpg IMG_0878 (Custom).jpg IMG_0902 (Custom).jpg IMG_1014 (Custom).jpg IMG_0716.jpg IMG_1034 (Custom).jpg IMG_0589 (Custom).jpg

ps. I actually already finished rendering that black n white piece, but then my laptop died and it didnt save :(
ps2, I only paint my old sketches

Last edited:
Level 28
I think you're doing fine - specially for someone who says that is feeling kinda "lost" about what to do!

First I would start by drawing some sketches to get used to the tablet response (it's a bit different than pencil) and to get used to the layers. Then go to colouring after that. Colouring is indeed weird at first, and the great number of possibilities make us feel lost, so taking a look at tutorials will help a lot. Here are some of them:
Art Tutorials/Books/etc.

Level 15
I think you're doing fine - specially for someone who says that is feeling kinda "lost" about what to do!

First I would start by drawing some sketches to get used to the tablet response (it's a bit different than pencil) and to get used to the layers. Then go to colouring after that. Colouring is indeed weird at first, and the great number of possibilities make us feel lost, so taking a look at tutorials will help a lot. Here are some of them:
Art Tutorials/Books/etc.
Thanks, but I believe I already get used to the tablet response and layers, also I already read/watch those tutorials. And I watched ton of speed paint but I feels like can't follow it at all although I already did the same thing. My workflow is just so slow and totally not efficient, and I still can't the proper way. I am able to follow speed drawing with pencil, and get proper efficient workflow with pencil, but not with this digital thingy 0.0 (or its just my feeling)

IMG_5308_2.jpg
IMG_0589 (Custom).jpg
IMG_0716.jpg
IMG_0902 (Custom).jpg
IMG_1034 (Custom).jpg
IMG_0670 (Custom).jpg
IMG_0855 (Custom).jpg
IMG_0891 (Custom).jpg
IMG_0910 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Coloring is mostly the hardest part of drawing for everyone, it's not just about you, just needs some practice with color choosing. I think drawing thumbnails from tones of references can help you a lot, at least it did for me. Try drawing thumbnail images. I think it's great!
Whoa, 2 hours video 0.0 Interesting video, I'll try it i guess. damn i thought I already watched those tutorials long time ago 0.0

IMG_5294.jpg

OHXH9175.jpg

I already forgot how to draw body properly and have no idea what kind of cloth i should put on her. I guess i need to observe ero manhwa again -__- (ps. I spent my inactive time by reading them... err i mean observing them. Manhwa is Korean comic, they are much better than hentai imo)

peaseant.jpg
Mostly on try to fix the nose and eye. just realized that her jaw abit weird 0.0
faith.jpg
too much drawing, gonna throw up now 0.0
ciri.jpg

-__- my drawing looks like child's painting -__-

base color done, only need to render yay. gonna bump once this completed
juri.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Hmmm... spent 2 hours try to complete the purple girl and its turned really weird. I have no idea how people can use airbrush 0.0 Also, i still can;t survive without lines. then i managed to destroy that painting -_-

Spent 2 hours trying to get clean soft painting. and turned ugly, so then I did quick 30 minutes wild paint over. use harder brush, put random color, blend randomly. and turned decent i guess (or its just my brains frustrated and tells me its great). Why its so hard?!? its look easy on youtube. they use airbrush and get proper color easily. anyway, if you wonder why i always paint face, its because i cant make it looks great as i draw with pencil. i wont paint other thing till i can paint face properly

I guess i need to tweak her eyes on photshop a bit, and i missed some shadow on her chin

ciri 2.jpg
Spent 3 hours for this, not goes as planned -_-
Just realized that i forget to flip when paint her. Looks a bit weird though, but he and his friends said it was great -_-

oc1.jpg
AND, another BnW... damn how to color from bnw, i cant do why they did in youtube -_-
New Canvas2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks Master Goblin!
looks ugly, especially that weird eye and wrong color lips and some weird shadow on body because i'm lazy to detail it

a2.jpg
Whats new? just more lazy detail on her vest, giving more dark shade to her face. And realized that i put her eye tatoot on wrong side because i forgot to flip it when paint it. Still havent fix her weirf shoulder -_-

faith2.jpg
cat.jpg

Actually i dont have much motivation to draw again XD , the new year spirit had gone 0.0

Level 15
I already planned to do it :)
Is this dynamic enough?
Need to fix his ugly face o.o
noctis.jpg

And another portrait from reference. Photoshop is such a powerful tool o.o
It looks normal on laptop but now her nose looks too bright in this phone -_-
image.jpeg

Level 15
I dont know what is dual scene, but here is from back view
that arm shading need to be reworked i guess
noctis BACK.jpg
Just lazy to make her outfit so i just a pressed shirt (actuall i only planned to paint her face)
FACE2.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    642 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 72
Level 15
My skillz just stuck at this level o.o
Still cant make proper focus point, proper contrast, proper detail render, background/environment, epic lighting, different colors, and more. Shqqqqqt, i need do draw apple.

oh right, i tried to make open commission on a local facebook group, and it seems nobody interested to it although i alreadyset the price really low (only 1 USD). I guess i need to make my art more wibu/otaku friendly, because based on my research, those people willing to pay a lot for their favorite character. Also i belive those anime style are much easier :p

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg