• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idaero makes some models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I just started learn 3d modeling a week ago. So here is my progress. Gimme tips and suggestion plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Couple years ago:
I believe it was the third times I made a model. The UV got messed up.

0a.jpg 0b.jpg 0c.jpg

First training:
I tried to follow a naked Ligtning model I got from XNALARA. But then I realized the proportion is totally wrong. So in the end, it looks ugly. But this is the first time I made face and it doesnt look so bad XD

1a.jpg 1b.jpg 1c.jpg

Second:
This time I used a reference box. Looks so ugly so I stopped making it and make new one.

2a.jpg 2b.jpg 2c.jpg

Third:
This time I tried to follow a tutorial on Youtube. I dont remeber his name but he is awesome! But I cant follow his way on making head so I decided to rage quit.

3a.jpg 3b.jpg 3c.jpg

Fourth:
I made a male model and its corrupted, I forgot to make backups. SO then I decided to make another female. This time I successfully made all of it. YAY!. I think this is the best model I ever made. Then I tried to paint it on 3dCoat, but i think my 3dcoat is buged because i cant make new layer, and my save files always bugged. I upload the mdx here just in case you wanted to see it. 30kb, i guess its too high poly.

4a.jpg 4b.jpg 4c.jpg 4d.jpg 4e.jpg 4f.jpg 4g.jpg 4h.jpg

FIfth:
I decided to make Juri but turned ugly. I tried to paint on 3dcoat, save it and quit. When i open it again, its all gray :(

5a.jpg 5b.jpg 5c.jpg

Sixth:
I make Juri with more warcraft style. I already animate it a bit (uploaded on attachment). Doesnt looks really great in-game. I realized that my photoshop is bugged too so i cant continue the texture. My animation is really ugly and too fast.

6a.jpg 6b.jpg 6c.jpg 6d.jpg 6e.jpg 6f.jpg

Seventh:
COntinue learning female body. Head looks not so good.

7a.jpg 7b.jpg 7c.jpg 7d.jpg 7e.jpg

Eighth:
Trying to make Lunafreya. Still not sure how to make hair

8a.jpg 8b.jpg 8c.jpg 8d.jpg 8e.jpg

Ninth:
Making Lilith. Hair looks decent. I made the face then 3dsmax crashed. so i ended import from my previous model.

9a.jpg 9b.jpg 9c.jpg 9d.jpg

What I learnt so far:
Always save a lot.
I need to turn to mesh before exporting.
I need to control my keyframe (because i always set keyframe even it doesnt move).

Current target list:
Make a lot of Final Fantasy model
Make some warcraft character turn to female
Get more repz

Attachments

• aaaa.blp
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • juri low2.blp
    167.8 KB · Views: 93
  • JURI3.mdx
    115.3 KB · Views: 76
  • LILITH1.mdx
    27.1 KB · Views: 80
  • LUNA2.mdx
    21.7 KB · Views: 67
  • MORIGAN17.mdx
    30.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 15
I would love to record it. But I'm just a normal guy with dying laptop and no internet in home, so it will be hard for me. Also, currently my workflow is so random and not efficient. It will be so boring. Maybe I can make somekind of cheap gif.

Level 15
I'm still alive!! Just some picture for my learning progress! Not much though. But I learned one important thing! Now I can make better render with proper light yay!!
on attachment:
picall.jpg: there are all my learning progress (except for to good one, those are only for ref lol)
picbest.jpg: are my almost completed model. I realized that I already post half of it here. From left Vergil, Lunafreya, Morigan, Lilith, Juri, Juri

AND, found another way to render. AND, I make another model, wanted something succuby. Only main body is finsihed, gonna make other thing later. looks like a ghost from those thumbnails :p
sup1.jpg sup2.jpg sup3.jpg sup4.jpg sup5.jpg
And also, here are some proper render of my Warcrafty Juri. For now, when I export as mdx, her hair not visible, so i need to recreate that before detailing.
juri1.jpg juri2.jpg juri3.jpg juri4.jpg juri5.jpg

Attachments

• picall.jpg
    picall.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 102
  • picbest.jpg
    picbest.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 117
Level 15
Planned to edit previous post but cant. Then I realize that I running out of internet. I bought 80MB for emergency stuff.
So thats mean this will be my last post for a while! So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and Happy Holiday!! Damn I already planned to make some Christmas themed model, but because my internet is suck so i cant search reference.
Anyway, here is another Juri. Wanted to make her early concept:
138.jpg
Its around 400 poly. The mdx currently 30KB. There are some loops that i think I should delete. Totally not sure. Making model exactly the same as warcraft is really hard. [x]Its asymetric, and their tris is really confusing[/x]. The rules i learned are not applied there (like making extra loop for place that bend). Well its RTS afterall, also old. Also, if I use realistic proportion, the model wont be really visible in game. They will looks too tiny, not interesting, too slim.
juriconcept1.jpg juriconcept2.jpg juriconcept3.jpg juriconcept4.jpg juriconcept5.jpg juriconcept6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Well I wanted to make it more warcrafty, but let me recheck it again
juriconcept8.jpg

O.O you are right! I didnt notice that, thank you directive255

edit: update!
Sephiroth yay
sephirroth1.jpg sephirroth2.jpg sephirroth3.jpg sephirroth4.jpg
I kinda forgot about male body shape lol. For this he doesnt look badass :(

Last edited:
Level 15
More wips. And some news. I managed to get my 3dcoat works so i think I'll get to texturing soon. And tried zbrush, its so confusing. I also downloaded a lot of modeling, rigging, and animating tutorials, might be more than 24 hours tutorials lol. Damn I havent complete any of previous models.

Boa Hancock from One Piece. 582 tris
boa1.jpg boa2.jpg boa3.jpg boa4.jpg boa5.jpg

Dante from Devil May Cry. 916 tris
dante1.jpg dante2.jpg dante3.jpg dante4.jpg dante5.jpg

D.Va from Overwatch. 832 tris
dva1.jpg dva2.jpg dva3.jpg dva4.jpg dva5.jpg

I'll use them as base body. So I'll only need to modify a bit for each character body base, and much faster for making half naked models or really tight model. As you see Boa is bascially D.Va with bigger boobz lol. That idea is inspired from laperen from lowpolyworkshop. But mine is kinda too high poly, 562 tris for the base, laperen's is 364 tris. Well he make flat face, and i think i can remove some loops. ALso, I cant remove a lot if i wanted to optimize it for warcraft. I set my low poly limit 1000 tris, base from polycount.

Last edited:
Level 15
2017-03-23 08_54_40-War3 Model Editor v1.07 (juri7.mdx).jpg 2017-03-23 08_54_58-War3 Model Editor v1.07 (juri7.mdx).jpg
Finally, some texture and add bones. Tried skinning but somehow it buggy and make me restart the skinning process. I also remake her hair because some part of it not showing in Magos. Twice, because i forgot so save :(
Is there any easier way to skinning? other than edit each vertice with weight table?

edit: and to more wip because my animation is buggy now. Lucky Chloe (Tekken) and 2b (NieR Automata)
2017-03-23 23_44_33-ramza5.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2013 x64.jpg 2017-03-23 23_44_58-ramza5.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2013 x64.jpg

Attachments

• juri7.mdx
    31.3 KB · Views: 50
  • juriaamini.blp
    91.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 15
Hahahah, well im excited for these, would be awesome if you could focus on one and release it :D
OK, I'll try. By now I already made 2 new mesh 0.0

edit: I decided to finish Lucky Chloe first.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-optimize (10).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (11).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (12).gif
edit: after watched some Dissidia Opera Omnia (iOS/Android game), I realized that I created a lot of unnecessary shapes. That game is low poly, with chibi deformed style. The poly count might be the same as Warcraft. Hmm.... so i guess i need to fix a lot
edit:updated the ugly gif. Adding a animation. Too lazy to learn IK because its looks complicated lol.I guess she moves too much. No texture yet because If i made a change on the mesh, the texture will reset, So i will give texture last.There are still some clipping, and some wrong skin weight...

Last edited:
Level 15
Progress Update. Decided to recreate the bone. Now with IK yay. Thanks to BlinkBoy tutorials! Now I am a badass boy (like BlinkBoy said). IK is not as hard as I though XD
5 hours to setup IK rigging +skinning, 1 hour for this animation. Much faster for animating, plus the result is much more better. I tried to make IK Spline for tail and hair, but I cant make it work properly, so I still using FK now. Tail and hair still on work, looks unnatural now. Hmm... that skirt doesnt look good, I guess I need to rework it.

ezgif.com-optimize (13).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (14).gif

edit: FUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!! I already tweak that stand animation, and adding an attack animation. I already spent 2 full hours. I really enjoyed it, so I forgot to save. Then, when I wanted to delete a keyframe, I accidentally delete all bones instead. And, what Blinkboy said is so true, IK doesnt really like undo. It animation become messed up, all of them. Fuck. So i need to load my previous save, and recreate what i made again. :(

Last edited:
Level 15
That's some nice stuff going on. I hope to see one of these in the model database one day!
Thank you for encourage me! Although i dont think anyone wanted to have a Miku clone on cat suit character that punching and kicking, with dancing move XP
Added attack 1. one hour work. if i can get 1 animation for 1 hour, that mean i will be need around 9 hours to finish, IF i didnt get any problem like yesterday. Damn how many restart i did for this model? --- Just trying to check the mdx. I forgot to add "Turn to mesh" modifier. Thats totally make me so scared. At first when I apply that modifier, the animation was destroyed. After a couple try, finally it works normally. Dont know why. But the hair animation got messed up in mdx. Hope i can fix that. And its already 72 KB!! The mesh only was around 40 KB. And I forgot to remove her bald head, also a lot unnecessary detail on her arm and leg, and i need to increase her leg size. And i think i want make her face flat, and make a bit detailed one for portrait. I hope i can change that without destroying the animation.
edit: damn just noticed that her right should and her left jaw got messed up on MDX :(

update: add attack 3. Although it's kinda weird. Also tweaking attack 1 and 2. And a death animation. Now making run animation. I have no idea about her spell animation •_•
update: hmm.. i guess i wont animatiing for a couple days, maybe months. here is progress so far
ezgif.com-optimize (15).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (16).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (17).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (18).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (19).gif
ezgif.com-optimize (20).gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.