• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Section is full!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
enjoy is our only icon moderator at this time and she is extremely busy at this point in time. I am sorry about this.

Oh.. :O Aren't there any applications for second Icon Mod to help enjoy? I guess the icons can wait a bit, but in the longrun, I think 1 icon mod won't be enough. Especially in cases like this one, where one of the mods is busy.

Level 36
There is a valid point here.

I agree to the notion that any one resource section should, at the very least, have two moderators at all times.
Due to... Unforeseen occurrences, like this. So, by that I'm saying you should consider hiring another icon moderator, Ralle.

Level 45
Hi there, I approved some icons and reviewed some for further updates :)
I will get more onto it later and hopefully the list should shrink back down to 1 page :)
It's very late here so I'm finished for tonight/this morning <_<.

PS: I can't override Enjoy's waiting for update reviews, so she will have to sort it out. If it's very old I'll talk to her about it and do it.

Level 35
Hi there, I approved some icons and reviewed some for further updates :)
I will get more onto it later and hopefully the list should shrink back down to 1 page :)
It's very late here so I'm finished for tonight/this morning <_<.

PS: I can't override Enjoy's waiting for update reviews, so she will have to sort it out. If it's very old I'll talk to her about it and do it.

Awesome as always to see :wsmile: Perhaps I'll get around to upload some more if stuff is happening in that section :wthumbsup:

Level 45
No need to make such a large deal about it. 40 icons is very little compared to the pending list of maps during my days — and, even then, the concerns were a little undue.

I understand maps are VERY different and definitely time consuming compared to icons, however, it was 6 pages of icons with one moderator (at the time), possibly more as Enjoy seemed to have done a batch before my promotion.

So it was anywhere between 120-140 icons, that's separate resources, to be tested in game and given at least a 20-50 word review, that's close to an essay of 2400-7000 words for short reviews, not to mention each one has to be tested in WE, just to get the backlog cleared up.

I believe thats enough to merit some attention or concern personally :/

I am in no way demeaning or saying maps take less time, I understand completely that maps take ALOT of time and deep thought, a HELL load more than icons and maps are more frequent, but... however icons aren't simply approve or reject either, it's more the build up rather than the process of moderation to be honest though, as if it got any worse, it would be even harder to get rid of the backlog of pending stuff :/

I hope you understand what I mean, but there is definitely a raise of concern if a decent amount of members hard work in any form isn't being reviewed after the effort they put in :/

EDIT: Thanks guys, I hope I can do a decent and good enough job :)

EDIT: PS. there is 97 PAGES of icons pending update/fix.... I am not sure what to do with that..... o___0

Level 8
Can someone create a tool that can do batch imports of models/icons to maps? (and possibly create units/abilities/something that uses them, but that's a bonus)

Never worked with MPQs myself, so I am not sure if this is easy or not.

You could right click and "Import files" in the import manager if that's what you mean.

I don't know how this question would relate to the thread though.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Kimberly said:
I hope you understand what I mean, but there is definitely a raise of concern if a decent amount of members hard work in any form isn't being reviewed after the effort they put in :/
It's okay. My point now and then was that the Hive's database allows people to put resources in it, reviews just come as a bonus, but I started wondering whether one-sided reviews had anything of bonus or even fair, to be honest. As in, I'd prefer a system where the map got reviewed by multiple people. Hence why I insisted in reviewers, mini-moderators, mini-judges and whatnot. In my eyes, the reviewing lost the point with the lack of personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.