• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon on hero missing, how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey people. I made an ability from the tornado slow aura ability. Since the tornado didnt have an icon it doesnt put one for my hero. Yes i switched the icons for display and research, research apears but no icon apears on hero once i get it >=( Help me please

Level 3
The one on a hero, like for instance a hero has endurance aura, so it shows an icon in his in his selection thingy, (stop,attack,hold position, move, patrol, abilitys) and when u scroll over it says something like Edurance Aura Level 1
Increases nearby allied units movement speed by 10% and attack speed by 10%

Level 21
3 possibilities

Question 1: Is the icon green?
If so, you're missing the icontexture... Can be due to a wrong path, or because of another reason

Question 2: Is there another icon instead of the one you want?
If so, it's probably another spell active on the same hero. If you change the buttonpossition of the abilities , it should be fixed. (Art - Button possition - Normal(X) and Art - Button possition - Normal (Y) to e.g. 1 and 2 for the first ability, and 2 and 2 for the second ability.)

Question 3: Is there just a black hole, and nothing more?
No idea what happened... Try the same I did at question 2. May help.

Level 5
There's nothing you can do. "Tornado Slow Aura" is one of those spells that never shows an icon because its not meant to be seen. To fix this, you need to do some triggering. First, make a passive dummy spell (Like an aura with no effects), give it the right name and information, and add it to your hero. Now, just make a set of triggers that add the slow aura spell to the hero when they first learn it, level it up when the dummy spell it levelled, and remove it when they use a tome of retraining.

Status
Not open for further replies.